KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keighley Cougars win silverware

Congratulations to the Cougars who this afternoon won the Coop Div 1 playoff final against Oldham, (It was on TV) but only just 28-26. They therefore also get promoted (with Dewsbury) to what is in effect 'second division' after the Premiership. Whether thsy survive is another matter!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 48-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: Keighley Cougars win silverware

Congratulations to the Cougars.
A full blood and guts performance which deserved success.
The last ten minutes were certainly nail biting but they did it !!

As for surviving in the next division, they can't lose, Alastair (Spinner) Campbell has spoken as the prime Cougar supporter

Is there an election in the offing ??

Commiseration to Halifax in failing to win their intended silverware. Lol Lol

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1950/1955

Current location (optional) Keighley

Re: Keighley Cougars win silverware

As an absentee former KRLFC follower, I was delighted when, as the recently re-named Cougars, they began to establish a successful winning formula - on and off the field of play.
Somebody did them down.
One season they won promotion from second to 1st division- to find the league tables divided into 3 - thus missing out on promotion to the top echelon when they might well have threatened some of the darling teams of the tv sponsors. From what I heard from the licensee of a Keighley safe house (Timmy Taylors) - they "allegedly" had the tables turned against them yet again and despite success again missed the cut and the gravy train.
I applaud the continuing loyalty of fellow posters - but given the way the game has gone - it all looks like an up-hill swim. The RL has even moved the season so we have pitches that the Aussie and Kiwi players and coaches find acceptable.
Please tell me I am wrong!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60