campsites.online

How to add a new Post - complete details below  - or click "Start a New Topic" 
or add a comment to an existing Postclick "Reply"

Caravan and Campsite Reviews
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
site

this site now as new owners. and is trading as robin hood retreat.

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... robin hood review

Review Robin Hood Retreat

Review Robin Hood Retreat

A review from http://www.myfavouritecampsite.com for the information you are ever likely to need, whether you are a camper, caravanner, combi camper, trailer tenter or a motorhome owner, it's all here in one place.

Robin Hood Retreat
Published by Claire
27-11-09
Robin Hood Retreat
Robin Hood Retreat
Middle Plantation
Belle Eau Park
Bilsthorpe
Nottinghamshire
NG22 8TY

Tel: 01623 456722

You have to go through an Industrial estate to get to this site and the road leading up to it has quite a few potholes (not the sites fault)

The owners of the site are a lovely couple called John & Kerry nothing is too much trouble, and I mean nothing. There was a problem with the electric (I think someone was overloading the circuit) it kept tripping and the owner was out on the site a good 4 hours trying to resolve it.
John was telling me they have only had the site a few months and have got lots of plans for improvement.

The shower and loos were clean and a nice touch was that they put toiletries in there for you to use if you so wished. In the ladies there was 3 loos and 2 showers. A free hairdryer and seats in front of the mirror to do your hair (if you so wished) I can't comment on the gents as I didn't go in there!
There was a small washing up area.

Would I go back....... yes (when its not raining lol)

This is a small site 25 pitches
Cost is £13-00 per night for your unit with EHU
By suziemitch on 27-11-09, 07:52 AM
when they put more ehu's in we may have to consider this as a meet site, you think?
By Shelagh on 28-11-09, 01:09 PM
Definately Suzie, keep it in mind. As Claire has said, the owner couldn't have been more helpful. It was extremely wet, and had been for the past week. John does have plans to put in extra drainage and extra leccy points. Given the chance I'm sure he'll make a go of it.

I think everyone would agree, even though we had rough weather, we would certainly return as we had a good weekend nevertheless.

Caravan / Campsite name (required) .......... Robin Hood Retreat

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... Robin Hood Retreat

eXTReMe Tracker