Return to Website

campsites.online

How to add a new Post - complete details below  - or click "Start a New Topic" 
or add a comment to an existing Postclick "Reply"

Caravan and Campsite Reviews
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If you are planning to site your caravan at Stowford, read this...

It's is very easy to see why many people would think this site nice. It is nice. A great site with great amenities and loads to do placed in one of the nicest parts of the country.

But this review is aimed at anyone planning to seasonally store and pitch their caravan with Stoford. To be frank...DON'T! The service for customers who store their caravan on a tow, on tow off basis is shockingly appalling! Once they have your money, they couldn't care less! They have recently put their prices up for storage by 25% in one step which in the current climate most would agree is unreasonable but Stowford's reasons for this? Not 'increased overhead' or improved, more efficient service...no. Simply, their answer was '...well we looked around at other sites in the area and found our prices were too low and so have increased our prices in line with other sites' APALLING!

Our caravan is simply kept in a field and on many occasions has been pulled out with mud all around the base and up to the axle showing clearly that the van has been left deep in wet soggy mud... very poor indeed!

The reception staff are abrupt to the point of rudeness and on several occasions my wife and I have been spoken to as if we were being an inconvenience and that we are not as important as the 'real customers'.

Personally speaking, we have had enough and are leaving this shoddy company at the end of our Summer Contract.

As a caravaner with small children, I want to feel like part of a family or tight knit community typical of the caravaning fraternity. Stowford make us feel alienated and like we don't matter and quite frankly, they couldn't care less!

Our advice...think long and hard before siting your caravan at Stowford.

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... Stowford Farm Meadows

eXTReMe Tracker