campsites.online

How to add a new Post - complete details below  - or click "Start a New Topic" 
or add a comment to an existing Postclick "Reply"

Caravan and Campsite Reviews
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Review

Oh dear,where do I begin!!!! Having returned from a bank holiday weekend from hell. On arrival on site we were eventually met by the lady owner who directed us verbally to our pitch.When we got there it was already occupied so back to the office which was now closed. We then rang the number displayed on board .this kept going to answer phone,so we decided to take an empty pitch. The owner rang back 2 hrs later at 9 pm and said we would need to move by 10am as the pitch was booked by a regular and she will be with us at 9am to resite us. This didn't happen and at 10.30 the regulars arrived. It was clear to see that they were travelers when a very rowdy 4 kids jumped out of the white van that was towing the enormous Hobby caravan.. The owner arrived at 12 mid day with no appologies and said the only pitch she could offer was right next to this gypsy family. What followed has to be the worst experience since I started caravaning 10 years ago. We told the owner the following day that we had no sleep due to loud music playing until 4 am. She wasn't interested and said that it's best not to upset them. We stuck it out 1more night but same again. The site itself was attractive but was badly run with no sign.of anyone that wanted to address any problems that cropped up. The toilets were dirty and had no loo paper and all seats broken,and smelled of Gas. The fishing was very difficult with children pestering around all the swims and throwing stones into the lake. When my wife reported this the owner showed very little concern. Ball games were played around the caravans constantly. There is a shop on site but you have to guess the opening times. The list is endless but this would be the last place I would go for a break. We came away totally stressed out by what can only be described as a traumatic experience. Don't waste your time or money going here.

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... Lake side caravan park.Denver.Downham Market.

eXTReMe Tracker