campsites.online

How to add a new Post - complete details below  - or click "Start a New Topic" 
or add a comment to an existing Postclick "Reply"

Caravan and Campsite Reviews
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Review

Visited here last month. A lot has changed since the last time I was here. Turns out its under new ownership, no longer the quiet peaceful site that we have enjoyed. Gypsy like lager louts walking about the site with lager cans. People sitting in their awnings till 2/3am in the morning obviously oblivious to other people round them. Dogs running about off the leads peeing and pooing everywhere even the dog walk is littered with dog poo. I watched one dog lift its leg onto someone's tent (not the dogs fault just some lazy owner)and another dog racing about as if it was on a racetrack (I overheard the owner saying it needed exercised !!!! There was also boys taking turns to play on a quad bike. The toilets are now left open for everyone, not safe for the kids to go on their own and I didnt even feel safe taking a shower as I didnt know who was going to walk in. A mini bus came in with a whole bunch of guys and they all went in and used the toilet. I also witnessed what looked like two eastern european guys come in use the shower and drive back out. Wont be long before the travellers move in. The price per night has also gone up dramatically, if you want to pay £20.00 to stay here then I would suggest you throw your money down the drain. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. No owner around to keep the place in check. The only good thing was that the friendly and curteous warden was still there albeit not for much longer atleast the toilets were cleaned when he was there. Its a shame looks like the owner is trying to enhance the site i.e. pitches have their own drive in now but with all the other stuff going on he is wasting his time.

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... Auchterarder Caravan Park aka Gleneagles Caravan Park

eXTReMe Tracker