campsites.online

How to add a new Post - complete details below  - or click "Start a New Topic" 
or add a comment to an existing Postclick "Reply"

Caravan and Campsite Reviews
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hidden gem

I would like to say this was a bad site and keep it secret from everybody, just so I could go whenever I wanted, but I can't. This really is a little gem of a site, easy to get to and very welcomeing. There are only five pitches at the back of the pub and a field for tents. There is nothing to do except take advatage of the location. Ten minutes drive to the centre of Wrexham or Chester, flat level walking for miles around, strolls along the banks of the River Alyn. Very friendly animals, if you stop the cows, goats and horses will come over and watch you. I took my dog, a fifteen year old Springer Spaniel and she was tired out at the end of the day. The pub itself has the best food you could wish for, reasonably priced and plenty of it. There is no telly so you can have a conversation with whoever you are with or the locals who make you very welcome. The open log fire is something else and just sittig there with a full belly and a dancing open flame sends you to another more relaxed and less stressfull place.
Now for the negatives. There is only two toilets and one of them is in with the electric shower, but they are spotlessly clean and the owner, Gareth, is going to improve them shortly. There is no real dog-walking facilties on site but there are quiet country lanes next to the site and your dog can be off the lead quite safely.
All in all this is somewhere those of you who want a relaxing weekend or just some time to chill out will find ideal, especially if you don't want to cook and like a quiet pint in a friendly atmosphere.
I for one will certainly be going back.

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... The Griffin Inn, Trevelyn, North Wales. Caravan Club Certified Site

eXTReMe Tracker