campsites.online

How to add a new Post - complete details below  - or click "Start a New Topic" 
or add a comment to an existing Postclick "Reply"

Caravan and Campsite Reviews
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bad place and not worth it

We recently visited the Springlea Caravan and Lesuire centre in hope of staying for a week. When we got there we were greeted by a very polite and helpfull young member of staff at the reception who boked us in. The fees were sky high. It wouldnt be so bad if the site was worth it but it really wasnt. It was a dump. The lighting was faulty with flickering and only half the lights working, the camping field was waterlogged because the management i.e. the Williamsons are to tight fisted to sort it out. Also we went into the pool where the tiles were cracked with grot and fungi growing in between them, the lighting was awfull again and the generel clensliness of the pool was discusting. We then looked at the changing rooms where there was no babychanging facility or disabled facility, the benches were rotting with wood all over the changing rooms. We then proceeded to the bar and restaraunt area where we were greeted b the owner my John Williamson who point blankly refused to let us order food at 2.05 when the last meal served was at 2.00. It was ridiculos the bar and restaurant was shut most of the time forcing us to go elsewhere for food. Then we returned in the evening for a meal and the price was unbeliavble. The staff where amazing and not reaching their full potential by working for tight fisted, ignorant people that are the manangement I would advise anybody considering going to springlea to avoid doing so and go to Stanwix park for a much more enjoyable experience.

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... Springlea Caravan and Lesuire Centre

eXTReMe Tracker