campsites.online

How to add a new Post - complete details below  - or click "Start a New Topic" 
or add a comment to an existing Postclick "Reply"

Caravan and Campsite Reviews
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Camping

Just thought that I would warn other campers that Nunnington Farm sometimes turns people away for no apparent reason. We read reviews and the site sounded OK, so we went down last weekend. I called the day before to check that 2 families could camp together (they said 3 families maximum together). However, when we arrived, as we were mothers and children (i.e. no dads), the manager would not let us in. Their definition of a family is mum, dad and children. Not sure if we just arrived at the wrong time, but the couple were very rude and unpleasant. We were really shocked. (It is not as if we have six children each and they were causing havoc. We only have 2 children each and they were sitting in the car waiting for us to check in). I have since read a review about 3 couples who tried to camp there and were rudely sent away. The children were very upset, but we just managed to get into Wicks Farm further up the road. I have been camping for a number of years and this has never happened to me before. I would advise anybody to pre book at Wicks or Stubcroft Farm before going to Wittering to avoid disappointment. It's not worth the risk of turning up at Nunnington and not getting in. (you can't pre-book) Have since talked to people who have stayed there and it is not very relaxing - extremely regimented and a long list of petty rules. Glad we went elsewhere.

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... Nunnington Farm Camp Site, Wittering

rules

rules

Stayed here a couple of weekends ago and now reading some of the reviews wish I'd taken the time to do some research first. When we first arrived we made a joke about the number of rules plastered everywhere but thought no more of it until leaving on Sunday afternoon of what was a school term weekend. You are asked to leave the site by 3pm. We had virtually finished packing by 3:30 only to be visited by the lady commandant and fined an extra night for failing to leave by 3. At first we thought it was a joke but oh no..we were told 'rules are rules'! We were then watched by cctv and the site gates closed as we made our way to the exit and would not open until we'd paid. It spoilt what was up until then a nice weekend. Will not be going back.

Caravan / Campsite name (required) .......... nunnington farm, west whittering

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... nunnington

Re: rules

A review from http://www.myfavouritecampsite.com for the information you are ever likely to need, whether you are a camper, caravanner, combi camper, trailer tenter or a motorhome owner, it's all here in one place.

Nunnington Farm Camp Site Wittering, West Sussex
Published by Imola
29-06-10
Nunnington Farm Camp Site Wittering, West Sussex
DO NOT GO TO THIS CAMPSITE
Just thought that I would warn other campers that Nunnington Farm sometimes turns people away for no apparent reason. We read reviews and the site sounded OK, so we went down last weekend. I called the day before to check that 2 families could camp together (they said 3 families maximum together). However, when we arrived, as we were mothers and children (i.e. no dads), the manager would not let us in. Their definition of a family is mum, dad and children. Not sure if we just arrived at the wrong time, but the couple were very rude and unpleasant. We were really shocked. (It is not as if we have six children each and they were causing havoc. We only have 2 children each and they were sitting in the car waiting for us to check in). I have since read a review about 3 couples who tried to camp there and were rudely sent away. The children were very upset, but we just managed to get into Wicks Farm further up the road. I have been camping for a number of years and this has never happened to me before. I would advise anybody to pre book at Wicks or Stubcroft Farm before going to Wittering to avoid disappointment. It's not worth the risk of turning up at Nunnington and not getting in. (you can't pre-book) Have since talked to people who have stayed there and it is not very relaxing - extremely regimented and a long list of petty rules. Glad we went elsewhere.
By daisymaisy on 29-06-10, 07:33 PM
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A LUCKY ESCAPE ,GLAD YOUR TRIP AWAY WASN'T TOTALY SPOILED AND YOU AT LEAST ENDED UP IN A MUCH MORE RELAXED SITE WHICH TURNED OUT FOR THE BEST,ALTHOUGH THE SITE IS A BIT FAR FOR ME TO TAKE MY VAN TOO,I'M SURE YOUR HONEST REVIEW WILL MAKE FAMILIES THINK TWICE BEFORE HEADING OFF TO IT AND BEING TREATED LIKE YOU WERE.
By kipsy1066 on 13-07-10, 04:03 PM
Wow just read their website, families and couples only, so no singles.....and if you read their terms and conditions its a wonder they are in business, even reading it, its regimental and rude. You did have a very lucky escape

Caravan / Campsite name (if applicable) .......... Nunnington Campsite

eXTReMe Tracker