The World of Myth's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

The World of Myth's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An Editor's Reply

Now that the new magazine is out, I have time to respond to a few of the comments recently made here.

It is unfortunate that the forum has become so hostile. Never would I have anticipated that readers would become so irate over paying a measly $1.50 - less money than most people carry in their change purse. Judging by the torrent of positive comments our contributors have received in the past, I thought our magazine was worth far more than that. Apparently, I was mistaken.

As far as my Assistant Editor is concerned, she is not an instigator. She is a trusted advisor and a valued friend. She was following my direction, so if you wish to be angry with anyone, be angry with me. Additionally, if anyone wished to know of my whereabouts, he or she needed only to write me at the address provided on the Welcome Page.

"All we want is your money?" Frankly, I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again. NO ONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO PAY ANYTHING!!! TWoM has been free from the very beginning and will continue to be free to the end. (Please note that our August issue is now posted freely.) Even with an entire compliment of volunteer contributors and staff members, money is still required to pay for a variety of needs. It cannot continue to come out of the company's pockets - especially when they're not being re-filled.

Additionally, let me take this opportunity to remind you that countless hours are invested in each and every issue we publish. We do what we do because we love our craft and lavish in the appreciation of our readers. It has always been our only form of payment. When that payment vanishes, our motivation to continue vanishes with it.

To those of you who have supported us, I say thank you. Your positive comments have been an inspiration to us. I know that the number of our supporters has always outweighed the number of our critics. No matter what, please know that it is for you that we write.

Respectfully,

Steve Bolin
Editor in Chief

Re: An Editor's Reply

You tell'em Steve!

XOXOXO
Chris