The World of Myth's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

The World of Myth's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DARK MYTH PRODUCTION STUDIOS NAMES STEVE BOLIN EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE WORLD OF MYTH MAGAZINE

Apple Valley, CA, August 08, 2007 – Dark Myth Production Studios announced that Steve Bolin will succeed Terry D. Scheerer on Sept. 1, 2007 as Editor-In-Chief of The World of Myth Magazine (www.theworldofmyth.com). The announcement was made today by David K. Montoya, Owner and President of Dark Myth Production Studios.

Recognized in the industry as one of today's premiere comic contributors, Mr. Bolin is charged with guiding the editorial direction for Dark Myth's On-line Magazine, "The World of Myth." He takes over the reigns after serving as a staff writer of this e-zine for the past two years. During that time Mr. Bolin turned out some fourteen short stories along with a handful of poems.

Bolin’s promotion is one of several planned growth initiatives at The World of Myth. "Steve Bolin’s experience and leadership will be invaluable as we continue to build on the success of Dark Myth’s current on-line success. We’re looking forward to expanding into new areas in 2008," said Mr. Montoya.

Montoya noted that while the Dark Myth’s printed publications remain a key part of the portfolio, the Dark Myth network of web sites and coming e-newsletter is expected to continue fueling major growth opportunities.

Bolin, 44, who currently resides in Greenwood, IN, has done work for other major zines -- including Dark Moon Rising, Black Petals Magazine and is Coauthor of the fantasy novel, "Black Rising." He will be the eighth editor in chief of the storied magazine since Randy Lee Walker in 1995.

"I know Steve's work and am sure he will be an asset the company," said Terry D. Scheerer, Vice President of Dark Myth Production Studios and Former Editor in Chief for The World of Myth Magazine.

Further underscoring its commitment to the company's core publishing business, Dark Myth also announced that T.G. Browning was named Associate Editor and will work alongside the new Editor in Chief to develop a unified editorial content direction for all of The World of Myth Magazine.

Dark Myth Production Studios is a magazine publisher--publishing 2 on-line titles that are read worldwide more than five to six thousand times on a bimonthly basis.

Dark Myth Production Studios is set to be one of the world's most prominent entertainment companies. Dark Myth's operations are focused in four areas: Entertainment Publications, Comics, Feature Films, and On-line Entertainment. The company and its subsidiaries can be found on-line at darkmythproductions.com, darkmythpictures.com, darkmythcomics.com, theworldofmyth.com, and now, horrotica.com.

Re: DARK MYTH PRODUCTION STUDIOS NAMES STEVE BOLIN EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE WORLD OF MYTH MAGAZINE

Steve,

Congratulations. I look forward to working with you, I can only hope you will put up with my multiple murderous submissions as much as Terry did.

Good to have you on-board.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Re: DARK MYTH PRODUCTION STUDIOS NAMES STEVE BOLIN EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE WORLD OF MYTH MAGAZINE

Congratulations Steven on the new position as Editor in Chief. I hope you still feel excited about being EiC in six months (having worked with Terry both as editor/writer and in the hospital, I know it can be trying at times). I look forward to working with you in the future and here's to a long run as EiC.

L.M. Mercer

I was reading throught the forum this morning and ran into this post. LM Mercer said something like lets see how excited you'll be in six months. Well, I was did my math right this month is your sixth month as Editor in Chief of The World of Myth. So, how do you feel about it now Steve, the same I hope. LOL!

TJ

I am sincerely happy and excited for you, Steve. Congratulations!!!

I read your "Talk Show" story part one (after reading Casket Case), and I even went into the archives looking for the 3 parter, accidentally stumbled along "Ferried Away" by Terry (which was fantastic), and I was blown away. I imagined a movie in which the character reaches into his mailbox, the arm elongating, just like the scene out of the story.

A FANTASTIC writer, too!!

Has it really been six months? How time flies! Am I still having fun, you ask.

Well, I'm, working with a great team of staff members. We've made numerous improvements to the magazine and hope to implement more in the future. Editors & Predators recently conducted a poll in which voters picked TWoM as their second favorite "fictionzine" out of more than 80 entries. It's the equivalent of a silver medal.

So am I still having fun? More now than ever! Being named as EiC for TWoM is an honor and privilege. I hope to be doing this for a long time to come, depending on how long Dave can put up with me.