The World of Myth's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

The World of Myth's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TJ

I rent all my game from redbox, they're a buck a day to rent. Check it out @ http://www.redbox.com/

Tj

Amen Tj, Amen.

This is the first time I've posted in this forum. Right off, let me say that I'm a big fan of the magazine and A Grue's VGR column as well. I could scarcely believe there were so many negative comments on it. Despite the destructive criticism, A Grue explained his position quite nicely.

Concerning the more recent comments: While I admit that $1 per day is quite a reasonable price, it adds up to $60 an issue (bi-monthly publication). A Grue specifically mentioned that he has a ZERO dollar budget. The last time I checked, zero was less than sixty.

For crying out loud, take a math refresher course. Might also want to use a spellchecker on your posts before letting the whole world read your rambling. While you're at it, learn how to critique intelligently.

Richard

Entire Thread

Oh, well ... Guess I'm gonna have to.

I've followed this entire thread in the hope that somebody might possibly lead Grue to take a look at his own replies with a more critical eye. Not happened yet.

To TJ and Disappointed, nice try guys. Very well done attempt to offer reasonable criticism with a soft touch and NO -- I'm not being sarcastic. You guys would have fit in very well in the Writer's Forum on Compuserve, back in the dark ages of computing. Both Elise Skidmore and I were members there and both of us learned how to critique writing, guided by well known and easily found FAQs on Compuserve. You may not have read them, but you applied the right methods all on your own. Well done.

However, that leaves Grue.

Grue, I don't know you and what you chose to write about is not something in which I have a great deal of interest. That's not a slam -- difference in taste and interests. However, I can say that your responses on this board to Disappointed (and others) are -- and this solely my opinion, mind you -- sophomoric. What used to happen to someone in the Writer's forum on Compuserve who acted so defensive and snarky was that nobody would read their stuff. By that I mean, we all were posting novels or short stories (and other stuff) and inviting others to read and critique. Three back to back snippy replies more or less finished a person on the forum? Why?

Because any thought and time one put into reading and replying to a posting, was wasted. And let me clue you – when a person has posted ten chapters of a novel they're working on and the number of readers drops to three or four or possibly none--kiss of death.

I suggest you work on growing a thicker skin and go back, and look, really look, at what was written by Disappointed.

Your choice of course. I'm putting my money on you ripping this note to shreds in the same strutting and sophomoric style you used on Unamused and TJ.

Am I right?

Browning>>>

Re: TG Browning

Oh wow. Two months later and you STILL haven't let this go? You're persistent, aren't you? Yet never one to lose a flame war. Very admirable.

TG Browning
I've followed this entire thread...
Wow! The ENTIRE thread? Color me impressed.

TG Browning
I'm putting my money on you ripping this note to shreds in the same strutting and sophomoric style you used on Unamused and TJ.

Am I right?
I like how you end your reply with a bait. Hilarious. "If you say anything back, that means I win!" Quite classy.

TG Browning
However, I can say that your responses on this board to Disappointed (and others) are -- and this solely my opinion, mind you -- sophomoric.
Okay, seriously? Stop pretending like you aren't Disappointed and Unamused. It's really sad how obvious you're being about it while still trying to pretend they're completely separate entities. How many more identities would you like to create to complain? Is three enough? Why? Go for broke, TG.

But enough of that. Let's get to the heart of the issue. You know what I regret most? I regret not being in the Writer's Forum on Compuserve with you and your pals. I mean, it's one thing to be told that I suck and you don't like my work here, but what I'd really like is for whole groups of people to deconstructively criticize me! Think of how much I could not get accomplished! The possibilities are endless!

If this is seriously how you and your friends "critiqued" each other's writing, I don't know how you or anyone else got anything done, let alone made any improvements. But then again, given what I've read of yours, I'd say you probably didn't.

Long story short, if you really didn't think anything would come of your long, inane post, then why'd you write it in the first place? You're bad at this. Go troll somewhere else, guy.

-A Grue

Okay for everyone following this very long thread, I did the courtesy of defining the following words:

Sophomoric - conceited and overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed and immature.

Snarky - crotchety, snappish; sarcastic, impertinent or irreverent in tone or manner.

Snippy - sharp or curt and sharp-tongued; impertinent.

Strutting - walking pompously.

Hope these definitions are helpful to everyone reading this.

Jennie
Okay for everyone following this very long thread, I did the courtesy of defining the following words:

Sophomoric - conceited and overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed and immature.

Snarky - crotchety, snappish; sarcastic, impertinent or irreverent in tone or manner.

Snippy - sharp or curt and sharp-tongued; impertinent.

Strutting - walking pompously.

Hope these definitions are helpful to everyone reading this.
Thanks. Maybe TG has a thing for alliteration, I dunno. He is an "author," after all.

Thanks for making my case.

Browning>>>

Lol no problem. Thanks for proving mine.