Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What The Rapture May Be Like

There are several scenarios about what the rapture may be like or look like to others. We can only speculate and learn from scripture.

I’m fascinated by two men in the Bible who never died but were taken to Heaven, Enoch and Elijah. Maybe our rapture will be similar.

“Enoch lived 365 years, walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭5:23-24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The Bible says Enoch disappeared, which sounds like what will happen to us at the rapture. Next we have a more detailed experience with Elijah.

“As they were walking along and talking, suddenly a chariot of fire appeared, drawn by horses of fire. It drove between the two men, separating them, and Elijah was carried by a whirlwind into heaven. Elisha saw it and cried out, “My father! My father! I see the chariots and charioteers of Israel!” And as they disappeared from sight, Elisha tore his clothes in distress. Elisha picked up Elijah’s cloak, which had fallen when he was taken up.”
‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭2:11-13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

What’s interesting here is that there is a witness, Elisha. Will others see us leaving too? Also it mentions Elijah’s cloak had fallen when he was taken up. Will our rapture leave our clothes behind too, as shown in movies?

No matter how it happens or what it does or doesn’t look like, I pray those left behind will seek the truth and not believe the lie the antichrist will explain us away by. I know the Bible talks about a strong delusion that will occur below also.

“The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:9-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Many people will be saved after the rapture but those who “refused to be saved” will believe the lies of the antichrist. If you aren’t saved right now don’t take a chance this may happen to you. The time to get right with God is now.

It’s interesting to think about what the rapture will be like. We don’t know all the details so for everyone left behind, please don’t discount the rapture if it doesn’t happen exactly like we thought or like the movies show. Even in Jesus’ time on earth people were surprised by the circumstances of his life because he didn’t come into the world like they thought. They were surprised he was a carpenters son from Nazareth. They thought Jesus was going to set up his kingdom on earth right then. The Bible even describes Jesus of having no special beauty but was an ordinary man, not what people had expected the Messiah to be like. So remember, seek God for all answers and not man’s opinion. A matter of fact one of my favorite quotes is “Truth is God’s opinion on any matter.”