Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need a miracle from God.

Thankfully, this miracle I need doesn't pertain to my health. It does pertain to my desktop. The thing is, yesterday evening, I made a terrible mistake--a mistake that may well have cost me everything.

I received a stream laptop for Christmas, but because it has a chip instead of a hard drive and no memory, I have decided to return it, even though I've already used it. I'm hoping that Wal-Mart will grant a refund. Right now, though, that is the least of my worries. Because I did use it, I tried to remove all personal data from it before returning it (which I haven't done yet). What I ended up doing was deleting all of my files from my desktop. All attempts to use the system restore to recover and restore them failed. My documents, videos, and audio files are all gone. I cannot recover any of them. The recycle bins on both desktop and laptop are empty--I checked.

A technician I called this morning told me that because my desktop has Windows 10, there is no available software to restore the files, and thus only a 10% chance that my files can be recovered. He said that even if it happens to fall within that 10%, only a portion of them can be recovered, and that even then, a bunch of them are liable to be corrupted. In short, if I'm understanding him correctly, it's essentially hopeless.

I don't know if I will ever have the heart to use my desktop again if my files can never be recovered, and able to function. If I were a rich woman, I could have it looked at by someone who has the skills and equipment to recover unrecoverable files. But I'm not; I'm on a fixed income, SSI. In short, I need a miracle, if God is willing to grant me one. Would you all please pray that God would intervene on my behalf? And that He would also give me His peace in the meantime, since I am really agitated about this? Thanks!

Re: I need a miracle from God.

its horrible Kathy. praying about this.
my sister in Christ, I hope if files are unrecoverable that it has happened at a time when it won't matter because we are going home.

Thanks, Regina. Perhaps, with more than one person praying, God will hear and answer.

Kathy, I asked my son about streaming computers, if there is a place that the "stream" information was actually kept, if files deleted could be restored.
his job is an analyst for computer systems. anyhow, he said it depends. that Windows does have "onedrive", to ask you if your information was on the cloud.
i don't understand these things, but maybe it is in cloud.

he says, Start button -- search-- onedrive. if it was set up, this will have the files.

Kathy,

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your laptop. I'm praying that God will give you the knowledge, or send someone who knows how to fix this problem.

I remember not too long again, ending in 2019, my computer, totally crashed and I lost everything, even the ability to get online. My son was over and tried everything he could, and nothing happened. He said Mom, your computer is gone, you need a new computer. I said it can't be gone, there was a nice women who helped me buy a new computer, and that was 7 years ago now. I told him I was going to work on it day and night if I had to, to get it up and running on the internet again. I prayed so hard, and begged God to give me the knowledge and inside to get it up and working again. Honestly, I didn't know what I was doing, but whatever the Lord brought to my head I did it and tried it. The good Lord guided me step by step and I got it running, and it is still working to this day. Thanks be to God for speaking to me in that still small voice, and guiding me to repair the computer. God did it, I only followed His instructions and found the items that were gone and got back online. This computer belongs to the Lord, and it will stay up and running as long as the good Lord wills it too. I want it to last until the Rapture, God willing.

My prayer for you Kathy:

Lord, guide Kathy, and bring to mind, what she needs to do to fix this problem on the computer, just like you guided me, and helped me to get it up and running again. Or bring someone in her life that can help her fix it. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen and Amen!!!

Prayerfully,

Valerie

Too little, too late, Regina. Only a few of my folders are on OneDrive. Unless the rest can be recovered, and can function, saving them to OneDrive is no longer an option.

I'm waiting for a technician to arrive as I type this. I'll bring you up to date after she leaves.

Update: she's come and gone, and she's taken my desktop and the laptop with her. She said only that there's a chance, and that she will see what she can do, but she's not going to promise anything. The man who owns the shop is currently out of commission: he's having a hip replacement. Therefore, the technician who's going to work on it is apparently on her own.

Now we need to pray that God will lead her and guide her as she works on my desktop, especially since the owner is not available to help her out. I don't know if she's a Christian, but surely that can't stop God from using her skills as an answer to my prayer. I regret to say, Valerie, that I am spiritually hard-of-hearing, and therefore, following God's guidance is difficult in my case, to say the least. Especially since I'm prone to panicking when something like this happens.

Please pray that God will work through her to restore all of my files, and that all of them will work as they did before. Thanks! If it's going to take a miracle to do that, then I pray that God will grant me that miracle. Please pray that when she calls, it'll be with the welcome news: "The files have been restored," not with the dreaded "I'm sorry, there's nothing that can be done."

Thanks for your prayers, both of you!

Kathy,

I don't know why bad things happen to good people; but they do.

I know that God works in mysterious ways, and perhaps one of the reasons is to bring people into our lives who we would otherwise never meet. Perhaps, you might be able to share your Christian faith with this technician, and the owner at a later date.

Like I've said many times before, God is willing, and able to help us. We should also be willing and able to share our faith in return, especially if the Lord lays it on our heart to question whether the person is a Christian or not. There may be more than meets the eye here.

I'm not saying that this is the only way all your files will be recovered, this is where faith comes in whether or not we are ready to accept whatever hand we are dealt; positive or negative outcome. It's a suggestion and not a command. God always turns someones bad situation into a good one...We pray, we wait on the Lord.

Praying you'll recover your files, etc.

Trusting God to come through for you, and what better way of pleasing the Lord; then God trusting us to come through for Him, to bring another one into His kingdom of saving grace and salvation.

Prayerfully,

Valerie

Well, God has given me His answer, and it is no. He will not grant me this miracle. My files can never be recovered.

His will be done.

Kathy & Everyone,

It was therefore, not His will to happen. God's will is always perfect, however, most of the time, we may not see it at the present moment. Valerie

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

When God's says NO
by Charles Stanley

2 Corinthians 12:7-10

We’ve all made foolish requests of God, which we’re now glad He didn’t answer. But this is easily forgotten when He’s presently withholding something we think is good. With so many scriptural promises to answer prayer, why is God saying no? According to His Word, there are several possible reasons.

God has forbidden it. God won’t contradict His Word or will, so praying for something prohibited in Scripture is futile. Because of Moses’ disobedience, God had decreed the leader wouldn’t enter the Promised Land. Moses asked Him to reconsider but was told not to speak of it again (Deut. 1:37; Deut. 3:23-28).

It’s for our protection. Because of the divine revelations Paul received, God allowed a “thorn in the flesh” to remain in order to keep him from exalting himself. The Lord prioritizes our spiritual protection over physical comfort.

God has a higher goal for us. Christ’s power was displayed in the weakness caused by Paul’s thorn. Knowing the higher goal for his suffering allowed Paul to be content and even appreciative of his weakness for Christ’s sake.

The Lord has something better for us. Jesus didn’t immediately heal Lazarus. Mary and Martha couldn’t yet understand that He was going to do something even greater—raising Lazarus, which would glorify God (John 11:1-44).

Our motives are wrong. James says one of the reasons we don’t receive our request is because we’re asking for selfish reasons and not according to God’s will (John 4:3).

Many times we won’t understand the good that God is doing by withholding what we desire. But these examples let us know we can trust Him.

hi Kathy, sending you a
:bouquet:

Kathy,

I'm Sorry things didn't work out with this one person, she wasn't able to restore your files. Perhaps someone here, knows what can be done. I just switched to Windows 10 upgrade version from Windows 7, since January 2020.

I'm searching online if there is a way that can be done for Window 10. There was a recovery problem which I had on Window 7 and it would search the computer to find the missing file; I used it one time years ago, where I by accident sent a file to the trash bin, and then emptied the bin. If only I could remember the name. Would it work on Windows 10, I don't know...they might have a new version. However, there is another place I use it's call Spy bot Search and destroy...it may not be right for your problem.

Please note I emphasis how you feel, been though it, too. Still hoping and praying something may turn up. If I find something, I will email it directly to you.

Don't give up just yet.
I'll see what I can find and hopefully help you out.

Hugs :two_hearts:

Valerie

Thanks, Valerie. I appreciate your prayers. I got your email. The technician is coming back to pick up the laptop on Monday; I will show her your email and ask her what she thinks. I'm afraid to use it myself, lest I mess up my desktop more than it already is.

Thanks to you, too, Regina.

Well, I've got some bad news and some good news. The bad news first: the technician doesn't think that the software will work, so I haven't attempted to use it.

And with that said, now for the good news: my miracle has come to me after all! Most of it, anyway. I found my folder of documents in a place I wasn't aware of, and my folder of videos as well. I also found the music folder that contains the folders of the CDs that I've ripped to my hard drive. Now all that remains is to find my pictures folder, and to save as many of the CDs to Windows Media Player as possible. I've already saved a few playlists to it. Thank You, God! =) (Please pray that God will next lead me to my pictures folder. Thanks!)

(Update: I've found my pictures folder! Yaayyy!! =))

Kathy, I'm so happy for you!!!

That's great news!!! Praise and thanks be to God; I believe you got your miracle.

God is good, and nothing is impossible for the Lord. God surely does work in mysterious ways.

God loves us, and cares about us, and God cares about the things that are important to us as well.

He helped me to get my computer up and running on my own; "be still & know I am God";

and now God has help you find your files on the computer. "Be still and know I am God", is what came to

mind, and during troubles, we know whom we can turn to, for help. Nothing is impossible for God.

Praising the Lord with you Kathy!!!

“Be Still and Know” This Uplifting Version of Psalm 46 Today—He IS My Refuge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=107&v=dthtNwP8DCc&feature=emb_logo

When troubles come, there's nothing on this earth that can be a shelter like my God. Mountains may fall, the earth may shake, but He never fails! So good!

Yea God!!!

:smiley:

He is the best fix it salvation person anywhere!

:grinning:

Amen!!! :smile:

Unfortunately, the same thing has happened again, and for the second time, I need a miracle from God. This time, though, I did nothing to cause it; it just happened without warning yesterday morning.

I had both my desktop and my laptop on, and on my desktop, I was playing a playlist and had some browsers, folders, and Word documents up on the desktop screen. To my horror, I discovered that my desktop's E-drive was being emptied of files (it may have already been completely emptied, for all I know). Since that particular drive was where I found them all after they had been removed from my C-drive this last winter, this is bad news, to say the least. I immediately shut off my desktop and then my laptop, and a few hours later, took them to the computer shop where I've had my desktop worked on before. Since I don't know in which device the problem originated, I decided that I had better take them both there. That's where they are now, and since the computer shop is closed on weekends and will remain closed on Memorial Day, it'll be Tuesday before they can get back to trying to find out what the problem is, and whether my files can be recovered.

God gave me a miracle the last time, for which I thank Him. I'm praying that He will give me a second one now; I know He hasn't run out of miracles. I really do need those files. Please pray, those of you who read this thread, that God will perform another miracle on my behalf, would you? Thanks.

praying about this Kathy. :bouquet:

Thank you.

Kathy,

Hopefully, and prayerfully, the problem will finally be resolved!

Good news--it has been!

I learned only last week that when the technician checked out my desktop, all of the missing files were accounted for. I cannot begin to understand what happened, since they were apparently disappearing from my hard drive on the day the issue happened. The folders were emptying out. But at the computer shop, they were back! My desktop and laptop were returned to my apartment yesterday afternoon.

I don't know what Jesus did, but I do thank Him for doing it! Please pray, all of you, that there will be no repeat of this ever, would you? Thanks!

Praise God! That's our Lord God! We have the best Father and the only Savior who both love us! And we have Holy Spirit who comforts us in ALL our afflictions, who seals us and will deliver us safely to Jesus.
Computer problems, a piece of cake to God
:cake:

Praise God Kathy & Regina,

Our God is an awesome God; praise His holy name forevermore.

It's just like God, when we least expect it, God follows through with our needs.

How much more, will we receive from the Lord, when we reach Heaven.

For eye has not seen. nor ear has not heard, what God has prepare for those who love Him. Amen & Amen!!!

Thanks be to God, for His love and mercy endures.