Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Just As I Am": The story behind this beautiful hymn & all 7 lyrics

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION & DISCUSSION PURPOSES!
For Your Discernment!

Here is the story behind this beautiful hymn that has always been sung near then end of the Billy Graham Crusades:

-Words: Charlotte Elliott, 1835
-Music: William B. Bradbury, 1839

Miss Charlotte Elliott was visiting some friend in the West End of London, and there met the eminent minister, Cesar Malan. While seated at supper, the minister said he hoped that she was a Christian. She took offense at this, and replied that she would rather not discuss that question. Dr. Malan said that he was sorry if he had offended her, that he always like to speak a word for his Master, and that he hoped that the young lady would some day become a worker for Christ.

When they met again at the home of a mutual friend, three weeks later, Miss Elliott told the minister that ever since he had soken to her she had been trying to find her Saviour, and that she now wished him to tell her how to come to Christ.

"Just come to Him as you are," Dr. Malan said. This she did, and went happily away. Shortly afterward she wrote this hymn.

About these words, her brother said: "In the course of a long ministry, I hope I have been permitted to see some of the fruit of my labor, but I feel that far more has been done by a single hymn of my sister's."

Now, here are all the lyrics to Charlotte's hymn:

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me to come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt.
Fightings and fears within, without,

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

Just as I am, of that free love,
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

~~~~~

Maranatha!
Tammy

Re: "Just As I Am": The story behind this beautiful hymn & all 7 lyrics

Tammy,

Thankyou for posting this - what a joy and blessing to read - along with the lyrics!

Michelle.

Thank you for posting this Tammy,

It's more glory to Him, isn't it, that no matter how new we are to faith
or how many years of faith behind us, it is God who is the author and
finisher of faith, the source of all we need :hatching_chick::rooster: :sheep: :ram:

Regina
Thank you for posting this Tammy,

It\'s more glory to Him, isn\'t it, that no matter how new we are to faith
or how many years of faith behind us, it is God who is the author and
finisher of faith, the source of all we need :hatching_chick::rooster: :sheep: :ram:
You're most welcome, Regina & Michelle, for me posting this...this in lieu of the passing of our dear brother-in-Christ, Billy Graham's crusades.

You're SO on target, Girl, re: your post! Why, even Charlotte's brother would be totally amazed by his following words:

"In the course of a long ministry, I hope I have been permitted to see some of the fruit of my labor, but I feel that far more has been done by a single hymn of my sister's."

Especially since her hymn was used as an altar call song at Billy's crusades...for which 1000s 'n' 1000s of folks all over the world came to Christ. Wouldn't be a wonderful thing for the Elliott siblings to meet Billy (George Beverly Shea & whatshisname) in heaven!? What's the name of Billy's choir director?:blush: :thinking_face:

Maranatha!
Tammy

Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes

Cliff Barrows!

Regina
Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes

Cliff Barrows!

CLIFF BARROWS!!! Of course, that's his name!!! Thank YOU, Regina, for supplying me with his name. Doesn't it seem that temporary memory loss is still yet ANOTHER sign of old age?:blush: :wink:

Kathy, thank you for Michael W. Smith's Tribute to Billy Graham, and Charlotte's Altar Call hymn--"Just As I Am" too.

Maranatha!
Tammy

And speaking of Charlotte Elliott's above beautiful hymn...

Only yesterday afternoon, ALSO in a tent meeting on Walton's Mountain this time. "Just As I Am" was sung, beginning with John, Sr. & John-Boy Walton (Ralph Waite & Richard Thomas) as they entered the tent. Then they were joined by their family, and the rest of the congregation. Of course, this came as a delightful surprise to Olivia (Michael Learned) to see her husband and oldest son marching in, both all dressed-up wearing suits, to joining the Tent Meeting Church.

In this particular episode, John Ritter played a young twentysomething preacher that's a relative of the Baldwin Sisters. If you loved The Waltons, you'll already know about the Baldwin Sisters' father's secret recipe...which is in reality--moonshine. Anyhow, when Ritter visits his relatives, they unintentionally get him drunk on their secret recipe.

Ritter's character as a young preacher, gets him in trouble with this 'holier-than-thou' snooty lady church member...putting her quick to pass judgment on him, which she thinks is unfit to minister to his Waltons' Mountain congregation. That's why the two Walton men are seen marching in singing "Just As I Am."

At any rate, I thought that I just had to share this with you all.

Maranatha!
Tammy

P.S. Did you happen to also notice that Charlotte shares her given-name with the city of Charlotte, NC?