Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Today's Promises & Devotionals From the Bible - February 2018

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

Trust in the LORD, and do good; [so] shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. (Psalm 37:3-6)

Reflection
When taking satisfaction in Christ, our desires immediately change from our selfish ways and turn toward a desire to please Him. He is our loving Father who wishes to bless His children by forming us in His righteousness. As we continue to commit our ways to Him, He works through us causing complete delight and joy in Him. It is this joy and peace that gives us the strength to seek Him daily.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=37

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. (1 Thessalonians 5:2)

Reflection
He is coming! The return of our Lord is drawing near! What a wonderful and indescribable promise! As we consider the evil in this world, our anticipation and excitement for His glorious return overcomes us. Although the day and the hour is a mystery, we can be eagerly watching for that magnificent day when the saints are caught up to be with the Lord forevermore (1 Thessalonians 4:17). This is our excellent comfort. This is our glorious delight.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=38

Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes

have a guilt free day...
Jack Kelley - Grace Thru Faith - Wednesday February 7th, 2018
Psalm 38

https://gracethrufaith.com

O LORD , do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me. Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; my bones have no soundness because of my sin. My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.

My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly. I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning. My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body. I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart.

All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes. My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away.

Those who seek my life set their traps, those who would harm me talk of my ruin; all day long they plot deception. I am like a deaf man, who cannot hear, like a mute, who cannot open his mouth; I have become like a man who does not hear, whose mouth can offer no reply. I wait for you, O LORD you will answer, O Lord my God. For I said, “Do not let them gloat or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips.”

For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.

Many are those who are my vigorous enemies; those who hate me without reason are numerous.
Those who repay my good with evil slander me when I pursue what is good.

O LORD , do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior.

Do you know that the Lord cannot punish you for your sins as He did to sinners in the Old Testament? They got leprosy, poisonous snakes bit them, a plague struck them and their livestock, or the Earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up. But because of the cross, where He punished His Son for all your sins, you are free. Don’t get me wrong, you won’t necessarily escape the earthly consequences of your behavior. If you rob a Convenience store and get caught, you’ll probably go to jail, Christian or not. But you don’t have to worry about your name being erased from the Lamb’s Book of Life. Your place in Heaven is secure.

So why do we feel the way David described himself above when we commit a grievous sin? Well, there are two reasons. We may be feeling the conviction of the Holy Spirit urging us to confess so we can be forgiven. If we’ve already confessed then we’re already forgiven (1 John 1:9) and the feelings we’re experiencing are caused by guilt. And that comes from another source altogether. Guilt is Satan’s tool for driving a wedge between us and the Lord.

A sure way to know which we’re feeling is to see which direction we’re headed. If we’re running toward the cross it’s conviction and if we’re running away it’s guilt. When the Lord asked Adam if he’d eaten the forbidden fruit, He wasn’t looking for information, He was looking for confession. He already knew what had happened. Adam’s guilt caused him to run and hide, and to cover himself. His unwillingness to confess (he blamed Eve) caused the estrangement Satan was hoping for and Adam had to leave the Garden.

Would human history have been different had Adam simply confessed? We’ll have to ask him about that. But will your life be different if you simply confess your sins and then rebuke the devil for trying to drive a wedge between you and your Lord? You bet it will. Confession restores fellowship and is the antidote for guilt. Because there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Rom. 8:1) there is no place for guilt in the mind of the believer who has confessed. Ask forgiveness from the Lord and those you’ve wronged. (He will forgive you. They may not, but that’s their problem.) Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7) Have a guilt free day.

Grace thru Faith is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ: (Philippians 1:6)

Reflection
The good work to which Paul here refers is the work of salvation (from justification through our ultimate glorification). This is a work that God has accomplished for us and is faithfully working in us until the day of Christ. On that day our salvation will be consummated and brought to a completion because of God's faithfulness to keep His promise

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=39

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. (John 15:16)

Reflection
We are given unto a sacred task. We, the chosen and whole congregation of the saints, are built into a habitation for the Spirit of God that we should be enabled for the purpose set before us. We are called and chosen by God to go unto the world and add to the kingdom triumphant. So go and bring forth fruit O people of the resurrection.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:40)

Reflection
My Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for this indescribable hope! Continue to fashion me into Your image and cause me to ponder Your tremendous love and grace throughout my days. Thank You for the beautiful gift of Your Son and Your redeeming grace!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=41

And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. (Isaiah 35:10)

Reflection
Soon He comes, the Lord of hosts, to judge the nations and bring to light a new heaven and a new earth! All joy will be eternal. All sorrow shall be no more! The children of the Lamb will march forth as princes of the holy city. And so we now join the cry of yearning, "How long O Lord? How long?"

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=42

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (Titus 3:4-5)

Reflection
How miraculous our salvation! That Christ should die for such a wicked and deceitful people as we. What amazing grace! What abundant mercy makes its home in the nature of the Lord! Rejoice in your salvation, O believer, and live as you are-a true son of the Most High!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=43

He maketh peace [in] thy borders, [and] filleth thee with the finest of the wheat. (Psalm 147:14)

Reflection
My Prayer: I ask You, O God for our common safety. I ask You for the increase of your people. Please bless the children of our land. I ask You for the public tranquility, that we be delivered from the terrors and desolations of war. Make peace in our borders. Put an end to the wars that are, and prevent the wars that threaten. Make peace in all parts of our country, by composing differences among neighbors, and upon our borders, that we may not be attacked by invasions from abroad. I ask You for great plenty, the common effect of peace. Fill us with the finest of the wheat, for bread, which strengthens man's heart.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=44

And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. (Ephesians 1:22-23)

Reflection
May His name be exalted forevermore! Christ reigns with complete control over all of the earth and the heavenlies! From the vast universe to the individual lives of His church, all is under His excellent supremacy. In His unsearchable greatness, God supplies all things to His creation, and especially to His children. By His fullness, we have received grace upon grace and blessing upon blessing (John 1:16). Whether by heaven or earth, all things have been made whole by the precious blood of Christ Jesus.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=45

Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes

No Fear
by Greg Laurie
February 14

https://www.harvest.org/devotions-and-blogs/daily-devotions/2018-02-14

For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. —Psalm 27:5
Sometimes when we end up in a certain situation, we’ll say, “Why did God allow this to happen to me?” Then later on, after a few years pass by and we have the hindsight of 20/20, we are able to look back on certain circumstances and see why the Lord did what He did—or why He did not do what we thought He should do.
To be honest, I’m glad that I don’t always know what is going on around me. We may not know the things that are happening in the supernatural as well as the natural realm, about the plots that might be out there against us, or about those who want to destroy us. But we know this: the Lord is with us wherever we are.
David, who knew something about potentially fearing for his life, wrote these words in Psalm 27:5: “For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock” (NKJV).
Then we’re told in Isaiah 54:17, “‘No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,’ says the Lord” (NKJV).
People may be able to lie and fool everyone for a time, but eventually it all will come to light. It all will be declared for what it is. The good thing is that even if people are plotting against you as a child of God, you don’t have to be afraid. The Lord is with you. He was there with Paul in his prison cell, and He is there with you wherever you are.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. (1 John 5:1)

Reflection
How simple! How wonderful! How amazing! That true belief should be all that stands between us and the unquenchable love of God Himself. And better! That it is God Himself who grants us that very faith to believe is too sublime for words! Praise Him—praise Him with your whole and regenerated hearts!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=46

But the salvation of the righteous [is] of the LORD: [he is] their strength in the time of trouble. (Psalm 37:39)

Reflection
Rely upon the Lord your God and He shall not fail you. His strength and goodness are without bounds. His care for you is unrelenting and He will assure your salvation from the evil ways. Trust upon His promise to save you and follow Him unto every good thing.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=47

Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

Reflection
Ever blessed are those who put their trust in the strength of the Lord for He will bear them up. Labouring under the curse and by the sweat of his brow, man toils under a fell weight-and to his futility. Therefore, this promise of rest is a sure comfort to be felt by all of God's children. God, in His grace and beneficence, will bring all His people into an eternal Sabbath rest. No more, forever, need we worry that our work would be toilsome or labourious. His yoke is made easy and His burden made light-and so it is out of this rest that the child of the King will work joyfully for the welfare of the Kingdom. Praise the Lord for His ever-abounding goodness and mercy upon the saved!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=48

My Comments:

What an awesome God we serve, we shall find rest for our soul in Jesus' Amen!

Valerie

And he said, The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: [he is] my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. (2 Samuel 22:2-3)

Reflection
My Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for your protection, for being the Rock that I can stand on! Show me where I am to walk. You are so awesome and mighty! Thank you for Your great salvation.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=49

And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. (Isaiah 58:11)

Reflection
The Lord promises us that even in the midst of the tumultuous, He will ever guide and protect us. Praise the Lord that though He fills the entire universe and is greater in stature than the entire created cosmos, He still is the constant comfort and companion to His people! Though insignificant of ourselves, in God's sovereign plan and act of loving sacrifice, we are made as important as His Son's death. Rejoice and sing His praises!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=50

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. (Revelation 7:17)

Reflection
Christ has made good His claim of being the good shepherd. He has led us from the land of death to the holy city, the great Mount Zion, to green pastures. He has led us to calm waters, to the river of life everlasting! He has been faithful to draw us from the valley of death and install us upon thrones of glory in the city of life!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=51

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:7)

Reflection
Eternity to come shall show forth the evident proof of God's promise to give us part in immeasurable riches! To be sure, these are not the petty and childish riches of this present world, but only the best and truest gifts to reflect the Holy Nature of God Himself! Sing O children of the Most High: "Thou and Thou only, first in my heart-High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art!"

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=52

He shall send from heaven, and save me [from] the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth. (Psalm 57:3)

Reflection
The believer has three persistent enemies in this world: the devil, the wicked, and his own wicked nature. God has promised to deliver His people and trample their enemies. And so He shall! The devil's day is dawning-his time is soon come! The wicked shall be brought low and judged righteously for their lives of iniquity! And the Lord has already begun to tear the sin nature from the very being of His people! Praise God for His forbearance and His ultimate victory!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=53

But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (1 Peter 2:9)

Reflection
As Christians, we have the tremendous privilege to be called "God's own possession." Although we were once lost with no identity as a people, we have come to know the excellent mercies of God. He has brought us together as a holy nation, set apart for His glory. For we certainly have become property of the almighty King, that we may proclaim His goodness and righteousness to all people.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=54

Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. (Micah 7:7)

Reflection
Bolster your faith! Call out to the very Lord of the heavens for strength! He will surely hear you! Ask of Him a measure more of faith and He shall surely grant it. He is the Lord of all and delights in blessing His children with every good thing!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=55

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)

Reflection
What an incredible promise! If we lack wisdom all we have to do is ask God and He promises to give it to us. He will not scold us for asking, for He gives it out freely!

My Prayer: Jesus, I am asking You, now, for Your wisdom. You have promised that you will freely give it and I trust in that promise!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=56

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: (Romans 5:1)

Reflection
Life is turbulent. Even keeping our families clothed, a roof over our heads, and food in our mouths is a constant work. Deadlines are hectic. Trials come constantly. We need peace and that shall we find! Peace in Christ Jesus. Trust in the power of His resurrection and you shall see eternal heavenly rest! Rejoice in that rest and preach the redemptive power of His resurrection in all the earth.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=57

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. (Exodus 33:19)

Reflection
God's will is His own and no man may triumph over it. Nor can any man judge whom God ought show mercy or grace. The motives of God are His own. And they are good. How thankful we ought be when we recognize that we, the redeemed, are the objects of that very mercy! Rejoice, believer, that though undeserving, you have become the eternal recipient of such unmerited favour!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=58

My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. (Psalm 63:8)

Reflection
Praise the Lord that He lifts us up! When we are weak, it is then that He will be strong. Rely upon the Lord your God for He is your strength, defence, and guide in all your ways.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=59