Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Today's Promises & Devotionals From the Bible - December 2017

"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised;) (Hebrews 10:23)

Reflection
Here the author calls us to hold fast. We must remain strong in the faith! However, our strength comes from our merciful Father alone; for He has promised to be faithful to us. God has promised to never leave nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5) and as we hold fast to the faith, He will strengthen our hands.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=342

He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. (Micah 7:19)

Reflection
God has shown compassion to us. When Jesus saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion, even to the point of crucifixion. Because of Christ's atonement, God has "tread our sins underfoot"-obliterating their power through Christ's blood. Our iniquities have been cast into the depths of the sea, showing how our sins have been taken completely from sight. This is a promise given to us who have believed on God for salvation.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=343

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. (Revelation 2:26-27)

Reflection
Even now the believer tastes the fruit of this glorious promise. Since our life and soul are caught up in the very life and soul of our Lord Jesus Christ, we gain every conceivable blessing! And as even now we are reigning at the Lord's right hand in the heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6), so then shall those who are of the name of the Lord reign in majesty and honor at His glorious coming! Rejoice in the Lord's goodness, O people of God!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=344

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (Matthew 6:14)

Reflection
The tremendous depth of mercy and grace of our Heavenly Father should cause us to be forgiving of others.

My Prayer: Thank You for Your abundant forgiveness for my many transgressions against You! Help me to have the same forgiving heart toward others around me. Cause me to see them through Your loving eyes and not my own. Make me more like you in every aspect!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=345

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (Matthew 6:14)

Reflection
The tremendous depth of mercy and grace of our Heavenly Father should cause us to be forgiving of others.

My Prayer: Thank You for Your abundant forgiveness for my many transgressions against You! Help me to have the same forgiving heart toward others around me. Cause me to see them through Your loving eyes and not my own. Make me more like you in every aspect!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=345

Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes

JVIM - Today's Devotional - Dec 10 - Isaiah 11:1-10 - The Coming King

Memory Verse:
And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots (Isaiah 11:1).
Some who claim to be Christians do not like to think about the Jewish ancestry of Jesus. Somehow these double minded people are able to blot out the truth that, in His human line, Jesus came from the family of David. Often they blame the Jews for all the ills of the world.

The truth is that when Jesus returns to set up His earthly Kingdom, He will occupy the throne of David. That promise was given to Mary by the angel Gabriel: “He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God shall give onto him the throne of his father, David. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end” (Luke 1:32-33).

The return of Christ is necessary to fulfill the prophecies concerning Him. Though the angels rejoiced at His birth in Bethlehem and spoke of peace on earth, the centuries since have been filled with war and wrong. The Prince of Peace was rejected and the world has blundered on in sin and violence. But a better day is coming.

When Christ comes to do on this earth what He now does in individual trusting hearts, the world will know real peace. It will be a great day. Justice and righteousness will cover the earth. The enmity between animals and men will be put away. Men will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. The angels’ song will be fully realized. Until then, walk with Christ and experience His peace in your heart.

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (Romans 5:9)

Reflection
You are made right, O believer, in the blood of Christ! The curse of Adam-that d a m n a t i o n unquenchable-has sloughed its hell-weight from upon your shoulders and its death-strike shall not fell your head! No, it has fallen upon another: the Christ! His righteousness is made yours, and more: so too His salvation! No simple justification is the believer's mere claim, but life-life eternal! Rejoice therefore, O believer, in the princely salvation made yours by the blood of God Himself!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=346

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. (Revelation 3:5)

Reflection
Rejoice, O believer, that your life is bound up in Christ! Rejoice that in His holiness, you are likewise holy! Rejoice that in His eternal glorification, you are likewise glorified! Stand true in your faith, and you shall evermore be clothed in the incorruptible and evermore shall you be given the gift of life eternal.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=347

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. (Psalm 1:3)

Reflection
My Prayer: Lord, may I be firmly planted in Your word and truth! May I always find delight in Your face as I meditate on Your great lovingkindness! Yet I am so undeserving, You have allowed me to serve You. Truly, I stand in awe at your faithfulness and Your goodness!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=348

For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. (Psalm 18:28)

Reflection
The earth is a haven for darkness and the things that lurk and creep. Foul is the world and thick is its shadow. The dim murk of this fallen land threatens all that is living and fair. We would be swallowed and bound in slavery to that dark roiling but that we are become children of light. The Father of Light guides our paths and so our ways become clear. His Son is the Light of the world and the darkness flees from before His glory! Abide in Him, dear believer, and rejoice that you can now see!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=349

The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower. (Psalm 18:2)

Reflection
Strong is the defense of the Lord and great the might of His sword-arm! And ever is He able to grant you His protection! No danger shall threaten His people and forever shall He lend aid to His sons. Rejoice in the strength of your high tower! Rejoice in your soul's shelter! Praise His name forever!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=350

Blessed [be] the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city. For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee. (Psalm 31:21-22)

Reflection
The Lord hears the cry of His children and He faithfully wraps His loving arms around them. He makes His excellent goodness known to them each day without fail. Who could comprehend such devotion and love? His wonderful lovingkindness continually strengthens those who believe—so rejoice in that love and praise His name forever!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=351

Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)

Reflection
Ever will the Lord raise up His people from their troubles! Ever will He seek to heal their hurts! Ever will He redeem His people from wickedness! And ever will the Lord Almighty strengthen the resolve of His children that they might proclaim His mercies forever! Praise His name forever all you His people! Hallelujah!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=352

Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; (Hebrews 8:1)

Reflection
Christ has conquered all death and even now reigns at the right hand of God's throne. Take great delight in the knowledge that He is ruling over all things, both in heaven and in earth. Glory to His name!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=353

[[[A Psalm] of David.]] The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

Reflection
The Lord is ever with the child of His right hand. Mercy, protection, grace, and love are ever the believer's company. By the precious blood of Christ, we are made partakers of the heavenly promise. Hide yourself in Christ, O believer, and embrace the true rest He so lovingly grants His children! Rest and do good!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=354

A Divine Birth Announcement
by Greg Laurie

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. . . . Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."
—Luke 2:8, 10

If you are a parent, then you can remember the first people you called after you became one. You gave them the weight and length of the baby and the actual time when he or she was born. You shared the news with those who were closest to you.
When God announced the birth of His Son, whom did He tell first? It seems likely that He would have started with Caesar Augustus. He could have sent the angel Gabriel to appear in Caesar’s court and announce, “Check this out, buddy. You are not God! The Savior of the world has arrived!”
Or He might have had Gabriel appear to the religious leaders and say, “Wake up! The Messiah has been born! The One you talk about, the One you pray for—He is here!”
But that didn’t happen. Instead, God first announced the birth of Jesus to shepherds. We tend to romanticize the shepherds along with everyone else in the Christmas story, but we don’t understand who they were. In this culture, shepherds lived at the bottom of the social ladder.
Shepherds were so despised that their testimonies were not even allowed in a court of law. Shepherds did the work that no one else wanted to do. They worked hard, but they were perceived as unclean because they could not observe the ceremonial hand washings. They were the outcasts, the nobodies.
The only people less-regarded than shepherds were those who were suffering from leprosy. Yet God decided to announce His news to some shepherds in the fields as they kept watch over their flocks at night. This was the modus operandi of Jesus, from birth to death. He always appealed to the outcast, to the common, to the ordinary. And that should give hope to ordinary people like us.

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. (Luke 6:38)

Reflection
By the degree of generosity of our hearts, so will the blessings of God be poured out upon us. When we give much, much is offered in return. Yet, if we offer little to those around us, we will receive fewer blessings from the Father. The Lord desires to shower His children with all His abundant and wonderful blessings! May we bear the same attitude toward those around us. May we abound in lovingkindness and generosity for those less fortunate.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=355

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 1:8)

Reflection
Fear not the wickedness of your own inclinations, O believer, for Christ will ever sustain you in spite of your weakness! Trust in Him. Lean on His might. Throw yourself into the redemptive mercy of His hands and seek not the power to remain of your own might. Have faith in the Lord for He shall save you in that final day!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=356

Many [are] the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. (Psalm 34:19)

Reflection
Though affliction be the promise to the sons of God and though suffering fills their path on this earth, still does the Lord promise deliverance. Still does the Lord promise comfort and still does the Lord promise salvation. And O what a deliverance-what a comfort-what a salvation! For but a moment's trifling pain, what rose jewel is bought the believer! Glory eternal! Love unceasing! Joy unquenchable! For the merest pinprick's bother, the believer is given all. Now rejoice! Take up your heavy cross made weightless by the sustaining power of God, and follow unto the way everlasting!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=357

My Comment:

Oh how very true, many have been my afflictions, but the good Lord has delivered me out of each and every one of them to this very day. I believe God will continue to do so, to my last day on earth. Thanks be to God for His lovingkindness, and mercy. Soon I will no longer carry this heavy cross of this life's afflictions, because Jesus is coming, and will remove it from me, forevermore. Come Lord Jesus, Come!

Valerie

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. (Psalm 50:15)

Reflection
Trust ever upon the mercy, goodness, and overwhelming sovereign power of the Lord's might. He will always save His people in their day of trial and He will always keep His children from final judgment. Rejoice, then, in His majesty, for He is your God and you are His people!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=358

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name. (Revelation 3:12)

Reflection
Believe in the risen Lord of Hosts and you shall evermore taste the gifts of the heavenly throne. Stand firm in Christ 'til that final day and you shall be as a pillar in His heavenly kingdom. Even now, those who believe are given the glorious calling to be a part of the holy house of the Lord. Christ is our chief cornerstone and may we ever be built upon His foundation.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=359

JVIM - Today's Devotional - Dec 24
Luke 2:3-14 - Glory to God in the Highest

Memory Verse:
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men (Luke 2:14).
When Jesus came out of the ivory palaces into this world of woe, the world witnessed a miracle of grace and humility. And what great grace it was! The condescension of Christ defies understanding. The voice of the One Who had spoken the worlds into existence would now be limited to the vocal chords of an infant. The hands that had thrown planets into orbit would appear as a child’s palms. The mind that contains all the wisdom of the universe would be packed into the brain of a human skull. And here we only touch the surface of salvation’s story.

On the night of Christ’s birth, the angelic message was given to shepherds who were urged to go and see the newborn Saviour. As soon as that first birth announcement was given, heaven’s host began to praise God and say: “Glory to God in the highest.”

“Glory to God” was not a new expression for the heavenly host. According to Job, the angels shouted God’s praise in creation. But now there is a new dimension to this heavenly hallelujah: “GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!” When God came down from heaven to save men, earth was introduced to heaven’s highest glory. Higher in goodness God could not go. What lessons are here for us! Spurgeon said: “We must learn from this, that if salvation glorifies God, glorifies Him in the highest degree, then that doctrine which glorifies man in salvation cannot be the GOSPEL… for salvation glorifies God. Some preachers may delight to preach a gospel that glorifies man, but in their gospel the angels have not delight.”

We glorify God most in sharing the message of salvation with others.

JVIM - Today's Devotional - Dec 25
Luke 2:15-20 - Singing Shepherds

Memory Verse:
And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them (Luke 2:20).
The shepherds who were notified of Christ’s birth by the angelic messenger and who witnessed the heavenly concert of praise, lost no time in going to Bethlehem to see the Saviour for themselves. As a result of that journey, they became the first human missionaries: “And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning the child” (Luke 2:17).

From that moment they became men on the move. Our last look at them finds them going out and returning giving praise to God for sending His Son into the world. Tending sheep would never be quite enough again. They had been entrusted with the most important message ever given to man and they were determined to share it.

The moving force in their lives is now the fact that Christ has come and that He is all that was promised. They have found enough in Him to fill their hearts. And that truth is vital if we are to be effective witnesses. No one can be a convincing representative for the Saviour until he finds Him sufficient for his own needs. If we give ourselves to complaining and griping over our lot in life and in our everyday experiences, we will be of little influence on others. Faultfinding Christians are poor ambassadors of the King. Sour citizens of heaven have little impact on citizens of earth.

The Lord has come! This is a day for rejoicing, a time to glorify and praise God as did the shepherds so long ago. And better still, a day to start a life of praise that lasts throughout the year.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. (Matthew 1:21)

Reflection
Long did the world await His coming. Long did the people of God pine for the promised Seed. Long did we desire the advent of the one who would bring about the kingdom of God. And He has come! And He has risen! Christ came to earth in sinless perfection, lived His life in perfect holiness, gave up perfection to become our sin, and took up perfection once more in His resurrection! Praise the Lord for His salvation all you who believe!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=360

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

Reflection
As Christ came as a child to live and die for His people, so too will He come again arrayed in victory, charging forth in holy righteousness to announce the final consummation of His heavenly kingdom! Great shall be that day! Great in sorrow! Great in joy! All authority is given Him: to judge and to save. Trust upon the saving lifeblood of the risen Lord and rejoice in His return! Mighty will be His host and unparalleled the joy that shall reign eternal upon all His people!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matthew 5:44-45)

Reflection
By God's compelling love, we have the honor of sharing kindness and compassion to others—including our enemies. For those who believe, the love of Christ abundantly pours forth and causes overwhelming joy and peace within our hearts. It is by His great compassion that we can love others and know of God's unfathomable adoration for us. How beautiful is salvation! It allows us to share unconditional love for others.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/357

JVIM - Today's Devotional - Dec 27
Matthew 2:1-8 - Wise Men Still Seek Him

Memory Verse:
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem (Matthew 2:1).
The wise men who came from the east to worship Jesus are the most mysterious of all the characters connected with the Christmas account. We know little about them.

We do not know how many wise men there were. Though tradition calls for three wise men because of their gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh, the Bible simply says: “There came wise men from the east to Jerusalem. “

No one knows exactly when the wise men began their journey. It may have been as long as two years before their arrival in Jerusalem. A clue is found in Herod’s slaughter of all children under two years of age, an action that was prompted by his conversation with the wise men. Neither do we know when they arrived in Bethlehem, though it was not while Jesus was in the stable. Matthew says they came into the house.

Where did they come from? Nobody knows. We are only sure that it was east of Jerusalem. Perhaps the most interesting idea is the one that locates the home of the wise men in the area once occupied by the ancient Babylonian empire where the prophet, Daniel, had once been in captivity. This view has the wise men coming to find the King of the Jews as a result of studying the writings of Daniel, who had been held in high esteem there.

Were they kings? Probably not. At least there is no Bible support for that theory.

Beyond all the speculation one fact remains. Wise men still seek Him!

[To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.]] God [is] our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)

Reflection
Be assured, O believer, that the Lord your God is with you. He shall shelter your spirit in His mighty house forever. Never need you fear, for He is even now your aid against all manner of trouble. Rejoice, therefore, in His love and power!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/358

But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called [thee] by thy name; thou [art] mine. When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. (Isaiah 43:1-2)

Reflection
Take heed, O children of faith, to the voice of the Lord, for He has redeemed you and brought you unto so great a salvation! Through fire, famine, and flood—through all earthly perils—the Lord is with you protecting and sustaining you. Know this and be comforted!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=364

JVIM - Today's Devotional - December 29
Matthew 2:12-15 - The Warnings of God

Memory Verse:
And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way (Matthew 2:12).
In describing Herod’s effort to destroy Jesus, DeWitt Talmadge wrote: “In a sense it was the narrowest and most wonderful escape of the ages that the child was not slain before he had taken his first step or spoken his first word. Herod could not afford to have him born. The great oppressions and abominations of the world could not afford to have him born. ‘Put him to death!’ was the order all up and down Palestine,” BUT THAT ORDER WAS NEVER CARRIED OUT, though hundreds of infants died in Herod’s wicked slaughter. Both the wise men and Joseph were warned by God of danger to the child and their action caused Herod’s plan to fail. God often warns us through His Word today.

God’s warnings are to change the direction of our lives. The wise men departed into their own country another way. That move of obedience likely spared their lives as well as that of Jesus. If God has warned you about sin or disobedience through the reading of His Word, change the direction of your life.

God’s warnings are to deliver us from the destroyer. Herod was but the human instrument. Satan is the destroyer. It was his plan that Jesus came to thwart. He is the killer who stalks the human race, the enemy of God and man. Heed the warnings of God’s Word and enjoy abundant life instead of yielding to the tempter, the destroyer.

God’s warnings are to bring our lives into the design of His Word. Joseph and Mary took Jesus as directed to fulfill the Scriptures. Obey the warnings of God so that your life will be blessed, conformed to the design of His Word.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any pluck them out of my hand. John 10:27-28

Reflection
If we are truly believers in Christ, then we will also be followers of Him. Because we believe in and follow Jesus, we will live eternally in heaven with Him. Once we have been saved, no one can take away our salvation!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=365

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law. But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. (1 Corinthians 15:55-58)

Reflection
Death defeated! The Law stripped of power! No longer crushed beneath the fell weight of the curse! Praise the Lord that the resurrection of Christ has secured your own resurrection, O people of the Almighty! Hell can hold no victory over you, O believer, for you are a child of the Most High, made into a new creation. Perfect! Righteous! Clothed exquisitely and adorned in beauty befitting the bride of Christ Himself! Christ has cleansed you unto righteousness, so go forth in that righteousness, steadfast, immovable, and always abounding in the good work that all God's children desire!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/index.cfm?doy=366

Becoming New
by Greg Laurie
10/15/2015

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. —2 Corinthians 5:17

Have you ever looked at your life and felt that you always would be a victim of your circumstances? Maybe your parents neglected or abandoned you. Maybe there is a family history of alcohol and drug abuse.
You may feel as though your course is fixed, that you don't have a say-so, and that it's just the way it goes. But that isn't true. God can intervene. I know from experience.
I didn't have a father growing up. It wasn't that he mistreated me; he just wasn't there. I was left to myself a lot. My mother was an alcoholic, and I could have gone that direction. I could have followed that course. But God took hold of me, and the cycle was broken. He can do that for anyone. I am just an ordinary person who took God at His word.
Maybe you are trapped in some lifestyle, some pattern of sin, or some addiction. God can break that cycle. The question is whether you want Him to break it.
The Bible tells the story of a man who had been paralyzed for a long time. Jesus said to him, "Do you want to be made well?" (John 5:6). We may wonder what kind of question that is to ask someone who can't even move. It's a very good question, actually.
Not everyone who is addicted wants to be delivered. Not everyone who is living a certain lifestyle wants to get out of that lifestyle. The question is do you really want to change? Do you really want to be free? Jesus can do that for you.
We read in 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." God can change you.