Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Psalm 52

Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes

this morning I was reading Psalm 52. David has such a wonderful heart. wish I could meet him in heaven one day. he was strong here, and so human to feel as he did about Saul's actions and towards his cousin Edomite named Doeg who killed the priests of God for Saul's favour. the story is in 1Samuel 22
For any readers who are not familiar with the Edomites, Jacob has a twin brother, Esau.
Another name Edom was given, the Edomites are descendants of Esau so they are cousins to the tribes of Israel. It was a cousin, however distant, who killed the priests of God and was helpful to Saul in his plans to go after David. Wow. I am sure from scripture that Esau was much loved by his father Jacob. If Jacob could know that his grandchildren would turn from faith in his God, he would be heartbroken; he wouldn't have wanted Esau or his descendants to harm Jacob's other family members. But God. God spared and chose David to be king after Saul.

The psalm says it is a maskil of David. What I could find about that word maskil, is that it is a writing to give understanding, to learn a lesson from. David says that he is like a green olive tree in the house of God, trusting in God. It reminds me of what would be said later...
John 15:4-6 about abiding in Christ to bear fruit. those who don't are eventually cast away as withered fruitless branches. Abide in Christ dear readers. Pray to our Father in heaven as Jesus did. Look to God our Father and obeying what Jesus taught, living before God, in thankfulness, and turning to Him as our defender, our shield, our help in times of trouble as David did, as Jesus instructed. God is so wonderful, He deserves to be loved for His character and He is the best company of all to keep.
Dear readers, soak in the nourishment of God's presence today in prayer, be as the evergreen that survives winter, as a flower in the desert, as a star in the darkness being sustained by God until Jesus brings you home. We pray, Come Lord Jesus

Psalm 52
For the choir director. A Maskil of David, when Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul and said to him, “David has come to the house of Ahimelech.”

1 Why do you boast in evil, O mighty man?
The lovingkindness of God endures all day long.
2 Your tongue devises destruction,
Like a sharp razor, O worker of deceit.

3 You love evil more than good,
Falsehood more than speaking what is right.

Selah.
4 You love all words that devour,
O deceitful tongue.

5 But God will break you down forever;
He will snatch you up and tear you away from your tent,
And uproot you from the land of the living.

Selah.
6 The righteous will see and fear,
And will laugh at him, saying,

7 “Behold, the man who would not make God his refuge,
But trusted in the abundance of his riches
And was strong in his evil desire.”

8 But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;
I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever.

9 I will give You thanks forever, because You have done it,
And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.

Re: Psalm 52

Regina
Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes

this morning I was reading Psalm 52. David has such a wonderful heart. wish I could meet him in heaven one day. he was strong here, and so human to feel as he did about Saul's actions and towards his cousin Edomite named Doeg who killed the priests of God for Saul's favour. the story is in 1Samuel 22
For any readers who are not familiar with the Edomites, Jacob has a twin brother, Esau.
Another name Edom was given, the Edomites are descendants of Esau so they are cousins to the tribes of Israel. It was a cousin, however distant, who killed the priests of God and was helpful to Saul in his plans to go after David. Wow. I am sure from scripture that Esau was much loved by his father Jacob. If Jacob could know that his grandchildren would turn from faith in his God, he would be heartbroken; he wouldn't have wanted Esau or his descendants to harm Jacob's other family members. But God. God spared and chose David to be king after Saul.

The psalm says it is a maskil of David. What I could find about that word maskil, is that it is a writing to give understanding, to learn a lesson from. David says that he is like a green olive tree in the house of God, trusting in God. It reminds me of what would be said later...
John 15:4-6 about abiding in Christ to bear fruit. those who don't are eventually cast away as withered fruitless branches. Abide in Christ dear readers. Pray to our Father in heaven as Jesus did. Look to God our Father and obeying what Jesus taught, living before God, in thankfulness, and turning to Him as our defender, our shield, our help in times of trouble as David did, as Jesus instructed. God is so wonderful, He deserves to be loved for His character and He is the best company of all to keep.
Dear readers, soak in the nourishment of God's presence today in prayer, be as the evergreen that survives winter, as a flower in the desert, as a star in the darkness being sustained by God until Jesus brings you home. We pray, Come Lord Jesus

Psalm 52
For the choir director. A Maskil of David, when Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul and said to him, “David has come to the house of Ahimelech.”

1 Why do you boast in evil, O mighty man?
The lovingkindness of God endures all day long.
2 Your tongue devises destruction,
Like a sharp razor, O worker of deceit.

3 You love evil more than good,
Falsehood more than speaking what is right.

Selah.
4 You love all words that devour,
O deceitful tongue.

5 But God will break you down forever;
He will snatch you up and tear you away from your tent,
And uproot you from the land of the living.

Selah.
6 The righteous will see and fear,
And will laugh at him, saying,

7 “Behold, the man who would not make God his refuge,
But trusted in the abundance of his riches
And was strong in his evil desire.”

8 But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;

And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.

Thanks Regina, Very well written and said; I agree, especially with the following verses 8 But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;

We trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever, and continue to give God thanks, for it is right to give God thanks and praise. We take our refuge in the Lord our God. Let us not trust in riches or on our own strength and understanding, for we can't take our next breath without the Lord willing. Therefore, we should humble ourselves before God, and trust that God turns all things for "good" to those who love Him.

We give God thanks forever, because God has done it,"sent Jesus, the second person in the Godhead to die on the cross, rise from the dead, and ascend to Heaven". Through Jesus we are saved, our sins have been paid in full."It is done, It is finished" Therefore, let us continue to trust and rely on the Lord our God and His ways forevermore.

God Bless!

Valerie