Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rob Ford, former Toronto mayor, dead after battle with cancer - Pray for his family & children

"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

Rob Ford, the Toronto city councillor who became the world’s most famous mayor during a wild, scandal-filled term, is dead at age 46.

The married father of two young children died after 18 months of treatment for a rare and aggressive cancer first diagnosed in the midst of his 2014 bid to be re-elected mayor. Ford would have turned 47 on May 28.

A brief statement from the Ford family announcing the death Tuesday described the former mayor as a “dedicated man of the people” who “spent his life serving the citizens of Toronto.”

“The family will not be making any statements to the media or taking any questions,” the statement said.

Ford underwent surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in May 2015, what was then considered his last chance to survive pleomorphic liposarcoma.

Though the surgery was hailed as a success, the discovery of two new tumours months later merited repeated rounds of chemotherapy that kept him away from the council chamber and his city hall office.

In recent weeks, Ford entered a clinical trial aimed at finding a personalized treatment for his cancer. But the process, which involves implanting a tumour in mice and testing different combinations of drugs, takes four months to complete.

As his health worsened, Ford’s family set up a website for well-wishers to leave messages of support.

“May you have a speedy and successful recovery. Be strong,” said one post left Monday. “We need you as Mayor in 2018 to save Toronto.”

His earlier diagnosis forced Ford to abandon his re-election hopes in September 2014, even as polls suggested he remained a contender. He then coasted to victory in Ward 2 Etobicoke North, which he represented for a decade before his 2010 mayoral triumph.

Last year, after learning multiple rounds of chemotherapy and radiation had shrunk the original tumour enough to allow surgery, a relieved-looking Ford told reporters: “I’m just lucky to be alive today, and I’m just lucky to get another chance at life ... At least I have a chance.”

Read more:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/rob-ford-former-toronto-mayor-dead-after-battle-with-cancer/ar-BBqMHdw?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Re: Rob Ford, former Toronto mayor, dead after battle with cancer - Pray for his family & children

My condolences and prayers are with Rob Ford's family, especially, his wife and children. He was truly a "peoples mayor", and did much good for the city of Toronto.
It's sad to see a young man who would have turned 47 years of age on May 28 his birthday, leave behind his wife and young children, mother, brothers, sister and extended family members. He always went out of his way to make right whatever was wrong, especially for the poor, and marginalized. No other major, in the past or since, has done so much good for this city by serving others, with care, respect, and an overwhelming sense of duty and responsibility, like he did. He was one of a kind,
and he will be missed by many, including myself.

He was very human and humane; he battled with drugs and alcohol problems, and attended rehab, for a long period of time and turned a new leaf. He was no different like the rest of us; for all have sinned and have come short of God's glory. He pick himself up, and turned a new leaf in his life, and then was struck down with his greatest battle yet, this rare cancer, which finally took his life.

My prayers have been with him, since he found out about the cancer, and his battle began. I'm saddened to think that he was taken, still in his prime, and many people now have no government figure in the city hall, as a friendly person, to turn too for help anymore. A couple days before his death, I posted my prayers and remarks on a site his brother Doug set up for him. I stated that I would continue to pray for him, and prayed that Jesus would comfort him during this trial.

Please pray for his young family, and extended family, they are Christians, and being Holy Week, leading to Resurrection (Easter) Sunday, it will be a very difficult time for them.

"Rob Ford Rest in Peace" in God's heavenly kingdom.

Sincerely,

Valerie

Re: Rob Ford, former Toronto mayor, dead after battle with cancer - Pray for his family & children

"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

By: Michael Yang Staff Reporter, Published on Wed Mar 23 2016

Rob Ford to lie in repose at Toronto city hall

Well-wishers and mourners have been leaving flowers, signs, letters, footballs and other objects at the site throughout the day.

A funeral procession on Wednesday, March 30 will lead mourners from City Hall to a noontime service at St. James Cathedral.

Ford’s burial will be private, with only his family in attendance. A gathering to celebrate Ford’s life will be held at the Toronto Congress Centre on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. according to a release from Ford’s family on Wednesday.
In the release, the family thanked Mayor John Tory for allowing his body to lie in repose at City Hall.

Meanwhile a memorial for Rob Ford continues to grow at a park in Etobicoke named after the former mayor’s late father, Douglas B. Ford.

Well-wishers and mourners have been leaving flowers, signs, letters, footballs and other objects at the site throughout the day in memory of the Toronto councillor, who died Tuesday after an 18-month battle with cancer.
The Douglas B. Ford park, located near Royal York Rd. and Lawrence Ave. W., was renamed in 2010 after the former Ontario MPP who represented the Etobicoke riding from 1995 to 1999.

Ford Sr. was known in the area for his contributions as a Rotarian, a board member at the Etobicoke General Hospital, and a prolific volunteer. He died in 2006 at the age of 73 from colon cancer.

The park backs onto the house where Doug Ford Sr. raised his family, including Rob and his brother Doug.

Makeshift memorials for Rob Ford have also popped up outside of his home in Toronto and at Nathan Phillips Square.

Members of the public are also leaving messages of remembrance and condolences at a memorial set up in a rotunda inside City Hall.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/03/23/memorial-for-rob-ford-growing-at-douglas-b-ford-park-in-etobicoke.html

City of Toronto Book of Memories & Condolences

Valerie & Ed S. wrote:

We are sadden to hear the passing of Rob Ford, he will be forever remembered. We send our prayers and condolences to Rob Ford's entire family. Rob Ford, Rest in the arms of Jesus now, while the Lord, consoles those who mourn your departure. R.I.P.

http://cityoftoronto.frontrunnerpro.com/book-of-memories/1988887/Ford-Rob/view-condolences.php

Former Toronto mayor Rob Ford, who died Tuesday at age 46, will lie in repose at Toronto City Hall for two days next week, according to his chief of staff.
In a statement released on Wednesday, Dan Jacobs said the funeral arrangements for the controversial politician will begin on the morning of March 28th, with a public viewing at Toronto City Hall.

The public viewing will also continue the following day.

On the morning of March 30th, there will be a procession beginning at city hall, ending with a funeral service at St. James Cathedral in downtown Toronto.
"Coun. Ford's family wishes to express their gratitude for the thousands of messages of support they have received from around the world," said Jacobs in the statement.
"As difficult as it is to say goodbye, they would like to do so in the same manner in which he lived his life, by sharing it with the people."

Jacobs added that Ford's family wanted to thank Mayor John Tory for allowing Ford to lie in repose at city hall.

Ford made headlines in Canada and internationally for his outspoken and brash leadership style, and for his admission that he abused drugs and alcohol while in office.

He served as mayor of Toronto from 2010 to 2014.
Ford was hoping to serve a second term in office before he was diagnosed with a malignant liposarcoma in September 2014.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/rob-ford-will-lie-in-repose-at-toronto-city-hall-funeral-set-for-wednesday-1.2830039

PUBLIC VISITATION FOR FORMER TORONTO MAYOR ROB FORD - IN PICTURES AT LINK BELOW.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/public-visitation-for-former-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-1.2834647

Rob Ford's 11 year old daughter says her dad is 'Mayor of heaven now'

Rob Ford's 11 year old daughter says her dad is 'Mayor of heaven now'

Snippet from the Rob Ford's funeral

Read Stephanie’s full eulogy:

"Thank you so much for being here today. It means so much to my brother Dougie and I. My dad was a great man, he helped a lot of people. He was also an amazing dad. He was so happy whenever he was with us. And he was so nice to us. But also strict sometimes, like a dad should be. He would buy us the best toys and take us to amazing places. But what matters is we were happy together. I remember at the hospital, he smiled at me and he said, ‘Stephanie, I might not be here for too much longer.’ He said, ‘I want you to remember that I’ll always love you. I need you and your brother to be strong for your mom.’ I know my dad is in a better place now. And he’s the mayor of heaven now. Dougie and I know that he will be with us forever. I love you so much, and I just want to thank everyone again for all your support. Thank you so much.'

Read and see more - Videos of the funeral at link too.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/rob-fords-daughter-says-her-dad-is-mayor-of-heaven-now/ar-BBr8yzb?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignoutmd