Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Abraham, Isaac and Gaza have in common

Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes

We've heard that Israel is God's timepiece.
This article is interesting because of the Arutz Sheva news publishing about God's promise to Abraham (the land of Israel) and consequences of disobedience.
Hopefully Israelis and Arabs who read this online news source will consider the living God of Israel.
Parashat Vayera is the weekly reading from the Torah (books of Moses) for this week, the reading is Genesis 18:1 - 22:24
Parshat Vayera: 2005 Disengagement was wrong 4,000 years ago too

According to the Rashbam, at the end of Parshat Vayera, when Abraham made a deal with Avimelech and his General Phicol in Be'er Sheva 4,000 years ago, giving Gaza to the Phillistines, God was angry with Abraham.

The Parsha states, "they made a covenant in Be'er Sheva. Avimelech and Phicol, his General, then rose and returned to the the Land of the Phillistines."

Immediately, after this deal was consummated, Parshat Vayera continues, "After these events Elokim tested Abraham and said to him, "Abraham" and he said "Here I am."

God continued, "Please take your son, your only one, who you love, Yitzchok, and go to the Land of Moriah, sacrifice him as a burnt offering."

The Akeida occurred, according to the Rashbam, as a direct result of Abraham surrendering the Land Of Israel which G-d had promised him for eternity, to Avimelech the Phillistine.

In other words, the "Tikun" God gave to Abraham was Akeidat Yitzchok. Had it not been for Abraham's mistake, according to the Rashbam, the Akeidah would not have been necessary. Abraham would have reached Mount Moriah in other ways.

Many lessons can be learned from this Rashbam:

1)The Land of Israel cannot be surrendered in a peace deal or treaty.

2)Gaza is part of Eretz Yisrael.

3)The surrender of Gaza by Abraham caused major repercussions in Heaven for Abraham and his descendants.

4)The Land of Israel belongs to G-d who gifted it to the Jewish People for eternity to safeguard, protect, and treasure.

The Yalkut Reuveni learns from this mistake by Abraham that no deals can be made with the Arabs, period. The Rashbam goes on to say that God was wroth with Abraham over this deal because God wanted Abraham to safeguard the Land of Israel to insure every inch of the Land of Israel would be given to Isaac intact. Abraham's surrender of Gaza to the Phillistines went counter to God's plan for Isaac and his descendants hence Isaac was brought into this episode via the Akeidah.

This is an incredible insight by the Rashbam that has tremendous consequences for the State of Israel today. Every Knesset Member and every Prime Minister of the State of Israel should study this Rashbam.

The story does not end there. There is much more. The Medrash Rabbah points out that the deal Abraham made with the Phillistines in Be'er Sheva led to the murder by the Phillistines of Seven Great Jews including Shimshon HaGibor, King Shaul, King Shaul's Son Yonatan, Two other Son's of Shaul, and the two Sons of Eli the High Priest.

It also led to the destruction of 7 holy sites, including:

1)Ohel Moed,

2)Gilgal,

3)Givon,

4)Nob,

5)Shiloh, and

6 and 7) the Two Holy Temples on Mount Moriah.

It is hard to believe that Abraham's actions vis a vis the Phillistines could lead to so much misfortune. Abraham was trying to bring peace. His intentions were pure and good. Clearly, the Rashbam, the Yalkut Reuveni, and the Medrash Rabbah come down hard on Abraham for this mistake despite his peaceful intentions and motives.

This is an even more striking message to us all. The Gaza Disengagement after 10 years has been a disaster and a catastrophe. Two Wars have been fought against Hamas without an end in sight, Israel has lost countless lives, thousands of missiles have been launched, the wrong messages were sent with Jew expelling Jew from our very own Land of Israel, the wrong message was sent to the Arabs-a message of weakness, Jews to this very day are still misplaced from their homes, and a generation of beautiful children were traumatized for life and the list goes on.

Never again should the Jewish People fail to learn the lessons from our past. Gush Katif shall rise again because it has to!

Rashbam whom is referenced in the article is a teacher from the 12th century.
The seven holy sites listed in the article refer to temporary tabernacle(s) sites that no longer exist.
The bible teaches us of Jesus weeping over Jerusalem because the people would not accept that God had come to them by His Son and called them to follow His Son, that they would not see Him again until they said "Blessed is He who comes in the Name of The Lord-Baruch ha ba B'Shem Adonai" Matthew 23:36-39
The bible teaches that another temple will be built-which antichrist defiles (abomination of desolation in the most holy place); and Ezekiel 40-48 tells of a temple to be built in the future.
Ohel Moed was the tent tabernacle which had a holy of holies area (where the ark was kept):

Ezekiel's temple:

Our King and High Priest is returning, Jesus the only begotten Son of God. May He come speedily in our time and may the children of Israel have their eyes opened that God has sent Him to them; that God's remedy for sin is His own Son. God gave the land to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, His plan being to use the people and the land to show Himself, light and righteousness to the world.