Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another overlooked “sign”? Daniel 9:26

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

By Pastor F. M. Riley
July 9, 2015
“Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall even in troublous times.” 9:24-25.

“And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for Himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.” 9:26.

“And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.” 9:27.
Introduction

Yes, I deliberately separated the above passages, for the Lord permitting I will be referring to each of these Scriptures in Daniel 9:24-27 in this study, but particularly emphasizing 9:26 in view of what is happening in the world and in this country RIGHT NOW.
And as it was in the days of Noah…..

The Lord Jesus Christ Himself clearly made the above statement, specifically connecting it with His return to resurrect and rapture His New Covenant believers to glory. True believers, who, like Noah, have “found grace in the eyes of the Lord,” Genesis 6:8; Luke 21:26.

Many things have been said and written about a repetition of “the days of Noah,” as indeed they can and should be. But, because of the statement made by the Lord God Himself in Genesis 9:12-15, even many students of Bible prophecy have shied away from making any reference to “a flood” occurring at the end of this present dispensation.

There were many events which occurred “in the days of Noah,” both before and after the flood which destroyed all of God hating mankind from off the face of the earth. But wasn’t there also “a flood”? Every reader willing to deal honestly with the Scriptures knows there was! So since “the days of Noah” are being repeated in the very times in which we are living RIGHT NOW, then shouldn’t God’s people also be expecting “a
flood” to occur? I’m not speaking of a flood that will wipe out all of mankind from the face of the earth again, and every reader knows that. But floods didn’t cease to occur, after the great flood in “the days of Noah.” The inspired Word mentions a number of floods in the Old Testament which occurred at various times and for various reasons. So it continues even to this present day. Now let’s carefully examine this inspired passage in Daniel 9:26

The angel, Gabriel, was sent to Daniel with the prophecy of the 70 Weeks that was yet to be fulfilled upon the nation, city, temple, and people of Israel, 9:20-23.

After first telling Daniel that there would be a period of 70 weeks [70 weeks of years…490 years…Leviticus 25 ] determined upon his people, Gabriel then divided that same period into seven weeks [49 years], sixty-two weeks [434 years], and a final period of one week [7 years], a total of 490 weeks of years. This is stated in God’s Word plainly enough for any true believer to understand what is stated.

Since Gabriel, one of the holy angels which stand in the very presence of God, gave this prophecy to Daniel, and made the divisions himself in the prophecy, I think God’s people should receive the prophecy at face value as being absolutely reliable.

Notice that the prophecy, as divided by Gabriel, began with a period of seven weeks of years, or 49 years [7 x 7 = 49]. Much controversy has occurred over this division, with every “prophecy teacher” seeking to determine the correct decree which would begin this prophecy, 9:25. Most have decided to begin with the decree issued by Artaxerxes in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah, and run the entire 69 weeks together, as 483 years leading up to the exact day Christ rode the donkey into Jerusalem in what is called His “Triumphal Entry.”

I really do not like to be a square peg when it comes to agreeing with my brethren, but the theory just isn’t so. Gabriel explicitly said “from the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem,” 9:25. The first such commandment recorded in the Scriptures in found in Ezra 1:1-4, where King Cyrus plainly and explicitly stated, “The Lord God of heaven…..hath charged me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah,” Ezra 1:2.

Oh, how wrong can one be? I have heard this over and over from various “scholars” and “prophecy teachers.” I have been told repeatedly that this decree in Ezra 1 never mentioned the restoration and building of Jerusalem, nor the street and the walls.

Folks, when I surrendered my life to the Lord’s call to His ministry, I was such a dumb country boy that when I came to Proverbs 2:1-7 and 2 Timothy 2:15 in my studies of God’s Word, I believed the Lord had said what He meant, and meant what He said. The key word here is “STUDY.” I set in with a passion to STUDY and have never found a place to stop right to this present day.

Now turn and read Isaiah 44:24-28, and don’t ever bother trying to tell me again that the Lord God did not give King Cyrus a commandment to rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple. Such a claim is pure unadulterated ignorance!

And guess what! If one starts with the decree issued by Cyrus, it is exactly 49 years until the rebuilding of the Temple was halted by the enemies of the Jews, Ezra 4:17-24. If our readers are careful Bible students, they will find that the work of rebuilding the Temple was stopped for 19 years. It was under the preaching of Ezra and Haggai, that the work was resumed and the Temple was completed. Read Ezra 5 and Haggai 1 - 2.
A careful study of the Scriptures clearly reveals that the first period of seven weeks [49 years] was obviously separated from the second period of 62 weeks [434 years] by a gap of 19 years. Why then do some believers today ridicule the idea of the third period of seven years [1 week] being separated from the end of the 62 weeks to allow for the intervening present “dispensation of grace?” Well…??

Do our readers also notice that the Lord God does not count time against Israel when they are out of His favor? As far as the Lord God is concerned there is a 70 Week [490 years] prophecy that must be fulfilled by Israel, and it will not be fulfilled until the final seven year period [the seven year Tribulation period] is completed. But between the crucifixion and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the Tribulation is the 2,000 years of GRACE.

Israel is out of God’s favor during this time, because of their unbelief, and rejection and crucifixion of Christ. But the Lord God isn’t counting time against them. Rather, He will resume His work with Israel, His chosen nation and people, following the rapture of New Covenant believers, right where He left off some 2,000 years ago, fulfilling the prophecy of the 70 weeks exactly to the letter.

Now let’s return to the Scripture in 9:26 to see exactly what is stated.
The Dispensation of Grace

In this particular Scripture, the angel Gabriel explicitly told Daniel that “after” the end of the second period of sixty-two weeks [434 years] the Messiah of Israel would be “cut off.” This is exactly to the letter what happened.

The sixty-two week or 434 year period
ended the exact day Christ rode the donkey into Jerusalem in His “triumphal entry.” Notice in this Scripture that He is also called “the Prince.” This literally means “the anointed ruler;” the ONE who has been anointed by God to rule over the nation and people of Israel during the Millenial Kingdom. During His “triumphal entry,” He was specifically referred to as “the King that cometh in the name of the Lord,” Luke 19:37-38.

Four days later, the Jewish people, instigated by the wicked unbelieving Pharisees and priests, “cut off” or crucified the Lord Jesus in exact fulfillment of Daniel 9:26.

Then 40 years later in 70 A.D., Titus and his armies, a Roman “prince,” destroyed the city of Jerusalem and the Jewish temple, again in exact fulfillment of 9:26. Then some 2,000 years went by, bringing mankind up to the very end of this present dispensation we are still living in today. And what did Gabriel tell Daniel about the end of this present dispensation? Gabriel told Daniel, “and the end thereof shall be with a flood.”

Well glory to God! As I write I, every creek, stream, and river here in the state of Missouri is flooding, and likewise in several other states in mid-America. In the months of June, and so far in July, we have broken every record for rainfall and variable temperatures previously in the record books for this time of year.

Now I wouldn’t think much about this, except for the fact that this same wild weather is going on RIGHT NOW all over the earth. There is massive rain storms and flooding occurring in Europe, Asia, and Africa, as well as in parts of South America. Yes, some claim this is man-made using the HAARP machine. I couldn’t care less how it is being produced, as long as it is fulfilling the prophecies of the inspired Word.

The Bible clearly states that the Lord God knows “the end from the beginning.” So if wicked men using the HAARP machine produced this strange weather, the Lord God already knew in advance that they were going to do it, and figured it into His prophetic Word. Glory to God! Hallelujah! No man can pull a “fast one” on my Savior and my God. The Lord
God is far ahead of anything men can conceive or even imagine. Praise the Lord! Read Psalm 76:10.

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture
It ought to be obvious to all true Bible believers that Daniel 9:26 brings to an end [exactly as stated] this present dispensation we are living in today. Daniel 9:27 then is dealing with the final week of the 70 week period; the seven year Tribulation.

We who are true New Covenant believers will not enter into that period, for the Lord Himself explicitly stated that He would keep us “from” that period of time, Revelation 3:10.

Dear readers, since “the end” of the same dispensation in which Christ was crucified and Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed by a Roman “prince,” is specifically stated to “end with a flood,” do you suppose the Lord God is trying to warn His people again about how close we are to the resurrection and rapture?

Do you suppose that it may be time [or past time] for true believers to be “looking up” and praying for the coming of our Lord? I am sitting here in Missouri tonight with over 30 roads closed across the state and more heavy rain predicted to fall tonight.

But the Roman anti-christ hasn’t showed up yet, and the covenant hasn’t been signed! Foolish objection, coming from those who don’t seriously STUDY the Scriptures. Yes, I am well aware of what is stated in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3. But why do some stop reading there? Why don’t they continue reading right on through the chapter to verse 6, where it is explicitly stated that the “man of sin” is to be revealed “in his time”?

He will not be revealed in our time, but rather “in his time.” Yes, words do mean something, and God’s Word is the greatest book of knowledge and wisdom ever given to mankind by God’s GRACE. Those who claim to be God’s people need to pay attention to every word written in the book, Matthew 4:4; Romans 10:17.

Conclusion
Folks, we are almost “home!” Our time of departure can now come at any minute of any day, and since God’s Word explicitly states that this present dispensation will “end with a flood,” we ought to be giving more earnest heed to the Word than ever before in our lives.

I would like to meet every reader in glory when our Lord comes. Please don’t disappoint me. For those readers who may not truly be saved, the way of salvation is clearly set forth in God’s wonderful Word. Just read John 3:3-7, 3:16, 3:36, 5:24, 14:6, Acts 4:12, 16:30-31, Romans 10:8-10, Ephesians 2:8-10, and ask the Lord God in prayer for the GRACE to believe what you read. Receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ as your own personal Savior, and you will be READY when the Lord comes to rapture His people to glory. See you there? I care! I’m praying for my readers! May our gracious God grant every reader the GRACE to believe. In the love of Christ Jesus,
Pastor F. M. Riley
<<<<<<< O >>>>>>>

Re: Another overlooked “sign”? Daniel 9:26

In June of this year around my part of Pennsylvania we broke a record for the most rain ever recorded and I have noticed many other areas getting the same rainfall.

Re: Another overlooked “sign”? Daniel 9:26

Bump up to the top.

Yes Tom D., I read this post too. It's very interesting, to see that it does have similarities. Notice that 3 major hurricane appeared together FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON THE FIRST OF SEPT., in the Pacific, and all the strange weather that has been happening, is another sign of the times.

Thanks for bringing this post up to my attention.

Maranatha!

Valerie