Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exciting News Those Who have Cancer, - Cancer targeted by 2 viruses in made-in-Canada therapy

"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

Cancer targeted by 2 viruses in made-in-Canada therapy

A made-in-Canada combination of two viruses to target and attack tumours started its first clinical trial experiments in humans.

At a news conference Friday at the Ottawa Hospital, researchers announced a Phase 1 clinical trial to test the safety of attacking cancer using a variation of the common cold virus called adenovirus and another virus called Maraba that was first found in Brazilian sand fleas.

The idea of using viruses to fight cancer started more than 100 years ago when scientists first noticed some patients improved after they got sick from an infection.

When cells become cancerous, it's like they're making a deal with a devil, said John Bell, a senior scientist at Ottawa Hospital. The genetic mutations that allow them to grow quickly also make them susceptible to viruses.

But to exploit that vulnerability more effectively, researchers now use genetic engineering to disable their disease-causing properties, better target cancer cells and take aim at them while leaving healthy cells alone."It's only in the last 10 years that we understood enough about cancer biology and virus biology and genetics in order to engineer viruses that can work," Bell said.

First, researchers had to identify a target protein, called MAGEA3, that is expressed in the cancer cells and not normal cells. They estimate about 40 per cent of cancers do.

It's hoped that the adenovirus will work to prime the patient's immune system and then the Maraba virus will kill the cancer cells.

Christina Monker was one of the first nine people to receive the combination of viruses. The 75-year-old former nurse from Rockland, Ont., had anal cancer that spread to her lungs. She went through 30 rounds of chemotherapy before enrolling.

"That's almost my last chance because the chemotherapy didn't work anymore," Monker said.The first couple of days after the first infusion she said she felt like she had the flu.

"It's too soon to say if this therapy has affected my cancer," said Monker. She hopes future generations will benefit from the knowledge gained through the trial on the up to 79 patients in Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton and Vancouver.

The ultimate effectiveness of the nine anti-cancer viruses that doctors and scientists want to "blow up" tumours are in various stages of clinical trials worldwide, said Robertu Cattaneo, a professor of biochemistry and molecular biology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. He studies the use of measles viruses to fight lymphoma."These viruses will be very useful for individual patients, maybe for some groups of patients," Cattaneo said. "These will not be a panacea, these will not substitute chemotherapy or radiation therap."

Bell said he doesn't want to raise people's hopes unnecessarily. "We're trying to say there are advances being made and this is something that they funded and supported that's gotten all the way to human testing."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/cancer-targeted-by-2-viruses-in-made-in-canada-therapy/ar-AAcORpD?ocid=mailsignoutmd

Re: Exciting News Those Who have Cancer, - Cancer targeted by 2 viruses in made-in-Canada therapy

This is exciting news for those like myself who had battled with cancer 12 years ago,
and now may be going through a different kind of cancer; hoping and praying it's not so.

It's about time, they looked beyond Radiation therapy and chemotherapy for Cancer patients, for many have died not from the Cancer but the treatments themselves. Mind you some have been helped by these radical treatments, however too few, as most people can not handle, being zapped by radiation over and over again, and have their bodies
slowly poisoned by chemo. There just had to be a more natural way of getting rid of cancerous cells in the body.

Just thought I'd post this here, to let those who are interested know, that progress is being made, and it seems like this time they are taking a better approach in treating it. Instead of killing the good and bad cells all together.

I wouldn't wish Cancer on my worst enemy; it's sucks the life right out of you.

Hope this might ease someone's mind somewhat, who maybe just found out they have the
big "C" word to deal with or you did, and now it's come back in another part of your body. You're not alone, many have gone through it, and those they have survived can still encourage others, not to give up; after all, God holds life and death, in His hands, not the doctor.

No Cancer in Heaven; isn't that awesome!

Maranatha!

Valerie