Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pope told to read Scriptures on self-defense

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

Pope Francis “put his foot in his mouth” by stating that weapons manufacturers cannot call themselves Christian, according to Carl Gallups, a pastor, talk-radio host and author.

Because, he says, the Bible itself offers a foundation for owning weapons.

Gallups, a former law-enforcement officer, too, who wrote “Final Warning: Understanding the Trumpet Days of Revelation,” told WND, “Pope Francis is not thinking his declaration through considering what is said in the Bible, the same word of God the pope claims to represent to the world. The people of God have always had to possess weapons when they could do so.”

In what has been described as a “rambling” address, Francis recently told an audience in Turin, Italy, not to put their faith in men in order to avoid war.

He then claimed: “It makes me think of … people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons. That leads to a bit of distrust, doesn’t it?”

Gallups says the pope was being careless in his remarks, especially when it comes to challenging the faith of those who carry weapons as part of their job.

“So, if a manufacturer of a weapon is not a Christian, what about the person who owns a weapon that a manufacturer produced? What about the person who carries a weapon, or the person who has to use a weapon in an act of defense or self-protection? Are they then deemed not to be Christians as well?

“Surely we would not suggest that police and military do not need weapons? Where will they get them if someone does not manufacture them? And if we limit the manufacture of weapons only for government officers, does that scenario then make the manufacturer ‘Christian enough?’ I really don’t think the pope thought this statement through.”

Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, also challenged the pope’s claims.

“Is the pope prepared to have the Swiss Guard that protects the Vatican send back their guns to the manufacturers? Are the manufacturers who supplied the arms to liberate Europe from the Nazis also not Christians?”

Pratt said the pope is forgetting explicit references in Scripture instructing Christians to utilize weapons if necessary.

“We hope the pope will consider the mountain of Scripture referenced to show that the Bible teaches that it is justifiable to use lethal force in self-defense. The pope’s thinking ends up with good guys standing by (unless they have a badge) while dirt bags rape, murder and steal.”

Gallups, who has an upcoming book titled “Be Thou Prepared: Equipping the Church for Persecution and Times of Trouble,” which specifically addresses this issue, cited passages from both the Old and New Testament to support his case Christians should arm themselves if necessary.

Gallups stated, “At times, the children of Israel were commanded to make weapons and to use them when necessary. Nehemiah armed his people when they were rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem: ‘Each man with a sword upon his side.’

“Furthermore, Jesus spoke in a positive light about the possession and use of weapons on at least two occasions. In Luke 22, verse 36, Jesus instructed his disciples, ‘But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.’ A sword was the ‘personal handgun’ of Jesus’ day. He actually, and contextually, told his disciples to arm themselves for the tough times that were headed their way. The disciples informed Jesus that they had two such weapons among them and Jesus approved of the fact.

“Additionally, in Luke 11, verse 21, Jesus uses the arming of oneself and their home as a positive example. He uses the illustration in a parable he is telling in the context of spiritual matters. ‘When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.’ Of course, he could use such a parable in a positive manner like this because it was a common sense statement that the people would understand. Jesus actually bolstered the idea of a person being ‘fully armed.’”

Peter Hammond of Frontline Fellowship, a missionary who has worked extensively in areas where Christians are actively persecuted for their faith, says Christians are not just allowed, but required to defend their communities and loved ones.

“Fathers and husbands are required by Almighty God to provide for their families. This includes not only providing food, housing, clothing, education, medical care, love, discipleship and spiritual guidance, but also protection. Of what worth is all the other provision if one does not provide protection as well? In fact, those who refuse to protect their young are worse than an animal. What animal will not fight to protect its offspring?”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/pope-told-to-read-scriptures-on-self-defense/#lK6qD1wLbUFwYGyb.99