Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ascension Day of Our Lord Jesus,, 40 days after Easter - May 14th, 2015.

"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

Ascension Day is observed in Canada on the 40th day of Easter. It commemorates Jesus Christ's ascension into heaven, according to the New Testament of the Bible.

What do people do?
Some Christians in Canada attend Ascension Day church services where they can receive communion, also known as the Eucharist, engage in prayer and sing hymns. Various churches, including the Roman Catholic Church and the United Church of Canada, observe this event. Children who attend Sunday school may learn about the meaning of Ascension Day around this time of the year.

Public life
Ascension Day is not a federal public holiday in Canada. Offices, retail stores, educational institutions and public transit systems run to their usual schedules.

Background
Ascension Day is one of the earliest Christian festivals dating back to the year 68 CE. According to the New Testament in the Bible, Jesus Christ met several times with his disciples during the 40 days after his resurrection to instruct them on how to carry out his teachings. It is believed that on the 40th day he took them to the Mount of Olives, where they watched as he ascended to heaven.

Ascension Day marks the end of the Easter season and occurs ten days before Pentecost. Depending upon the phases of the moon in a particular year, Ascension Day is usually celebrated on a Thursday. However, it has been reported that some Roman Catholic churches in Canada celebrate it on the following Sunday.

Many Eastern Orthodox churches calculate the date of Pascha (Easter) according to the Julian calendar, rather than the Gregorian calendar used by many western churches, so their Ascension Day usually occurs after the western observance.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/canada/pentecost

MY COMMENT:

NOTE THAT EASTERN ORTHODOX CHURCHES WHO OBSERVE THE JULIAN CALENDAR WILL CELEBRATE "ASCENSION DAY" ON MAY 21,2015 Maybe the timing of our Rapture - Ascending with Jesus to Heaven at the Rapture.

Perhaps, later on the Gregorian Calendar Pentecost May 24th, 2015.

Re: Ascension Day of Our Lord Jesus,, 40 days after Easter - May 14th, 2015.

The main events surrounding the ascension of Jesus are found in Acts chapter 1. There are also comments in the Gospels we can read which give more information about the event. When Jesus died, many of His promises could have been considered lies. The apostles certainly could not see how He would rule the world if He were dead. They were obviously disappointed and discouraged after the death of our Lord. However, with His resurrection they regained their hope in Jesus Christ. With His ascension we have certainty of His promises.

Preceding Events

Between the resurrection and the ascension of Jesus there were 40 days in which Christ continued to minister. Acts 1:3 says that through many proofs He showed Himself to be alive. He also preached to many. The last chapter of each of the four gospels tells more about what Christ did during this intervening period.

Matthew says that Jesus appeared to the disciples and told them to go to Galilee. There He taught them the Great Commission (Matthew 28:10-20).

Mark tells us that Jesus appeared to various small groups of people. At one point He appeared to the 11 disciples who still followed Him (Judas had already committed suicide), and Christ scolded them for their unbelief. He then challenged them with the words of the Great Commission (Mark 16:9-18).

Luke’s gospel has the story of the disciples who were on the Emmaus road when Jesus joined them along the way. Jesus revealed Himself to them after sharing a quick summary of the promise of a Redeemer through the Old Testament. As part of the proof of His physical resurrection, this passage contains the story of Jesus eating food (Luke 24:13-53).

The book of John tells us the story of Thomas when he doubted (John 20:24-29). Jesus also taught the disciples about love and obeying Him in John 21.

Jesus commanded His disciples that they should stay in Jerusalem until the Holy Ghost was poured down on them. To their questions of the future, Jesus answered that they should trust Him and His Holy Spirit. The disciples would soon go out and be great witnesses in the world for Christ (Acts 1:4-8).

Jesus ascended up in a cloud after He finished speaking. This cloud covered Him so that they could no longer see Him. The crowd of onlookers was not alone for long. Two angels appeared to them with further instruction. They told the crowd to stop standing around and begin preparing for ministry. The same Jesus (the one who bodily resurrected from the grave), would come again. When He did He would come back in the same manner.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/ascension-of-jesus-bible-story-and-significance/#ixzz3X4iNrmmB

Application of the Ascension

As Christians today we can be excited for the coming of Christ. Because He is alive, as He promised He would be, we know that He is accomplishing His purpose laid out in John 14:1-7:

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Those wonderful verses lay out the promise that He is going to be with His Father: and, because He is there, He is preparing a place for those who trust in Him as their Savior. Jesus will return to take believers to their home in heaven.

The ascension and return of Christ is a comfort to Christians. If you don’t know the Lord as your Savior then this event is not comforting to you, but rather convicting.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/ascension-of-jesus-bible-story-and-significance/#ixzz3X4kq9yPl

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

Val's post- excerpt:

Ascension Day is one of the earliest Christian festivals dating back to the year 68 CE. According to the New Testament in the Bible, Jesus Christ met several times with his disciples during the 40 days after his resurrection to instruct them on how to carry out his teachings. It is believed that on the 40th day he took them to the Mount of Olives, where they watched as he ascended to heaven.

To me this is one of the most intriguing and mysterious thing shared in the Bible. We know that Jesus was alive in His incorruptible eternal body. In 40 days - a month and 1/3 of a month more you can say a lot. But we are not told WHAT He shared. Wouldn't you have loved to have been there, be present while He shared? What a very powerful time that had to have been. It is on my list of things to ask when I get to heaven. "WHAT HAPPENED DURING THOSE 40 DAYS???????

Thanks for the article, Valerie. Wouldn't it be glorious if we were raptured on May 21st? That would explain the sky blue vision, wouldn't it? I am so excited and hopeful for either an Ascension Day rapture, or a Pentecost one. I don't know if I could last until the Feast of Trumpets. If I did, it would only be because of the grace of God.

Yes, Texas Sue, I would love to know what happened in those 40 days on earth when Jesus was here before He ascended into heaven. Sometimes I wonder if we are going to have some kind of TV's in heaven where we could see those Biblical events take place. I know that's kind of far fetched, but I would love to see accounts of what took place, like David with his battle with Goliath, or seeing the walls come tumbling down when Joshua and his men walked around the city of Jericho for 7 days. Or seeing Jesus growing up as a child and the miracles He did while he was in His 3 1/2 year ministry. Wouldn't that be something?

Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes

Ascension day or Pentecost or any day before or any day after, the day of the Lord coming for His church will be a glorious joyful day for the ready. i hope its not far off. Remembering that people are getting saved helps with the waiting. These days between now and Pentecost (Shavuot) are exciting days to wonder about the Lord's resurrection and promised return.

Since the Julian calendar is what was in place at the time of Christ, this may be the calendar that is accurate for the anniversary days. The Julian calendar was used until 1582.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/julian-calendar.html

Revelation 5:13(KJV)
13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying,
Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Texas Sue
FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

Val's post- excerpt:

To me this is one of the most intriguing and mysterious thing shared in the Bible. We know that Jesus was alive in His incorruptible eternal body. In 40 days - a month and 1/3 of a month more you can say a lot. But we are not told WHAT He shared. Wouldn't you have loved to have been there, be present while He shared? What a very powerful time that had to have been. It is on my list of things to ask when I get to heaven. "WHAT HAPPENED DURING THOSE 40 DAYS???????

Texas Sue & Lisaleenie, Yes I too would have loved to have been there present while
Jesus shared and taught during those 40 days. It would of been awesome. I could see us being His followers, during that period in History. It must of been awesome,and special since very little is shared as to what occurred during that period of time.

However, you must agree, this is the most exciting time to be alive since Jesus walked the Earth. For we are awaiting for His coming to take us to Heaven first, and then His Earthly return to do battle with victorious outcome, along with His saints. Then Jesus will set up His Kingdom here on Earth in Jerusalem, just as the Lord's Prayer states; "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven". Just think how awesome it will be when we shall return with our Lord to Jerusalem where Jesus will set up His Kingdom here on Earth...Amen!

Regina,

"Ascension day or Pentecost or any day before or any day after, the day of the Lord coming for His church will be a glorious joyful day for the ready. i hope its not far off. Remembering that people are getting saved helps with the waiting. These days between now and Pentecost (Shavuot) are exciting days to wonder about the Lord's resurrection and promised return."

Yes I agree, and that day will come, when the Lord knows who the last person to be saved will be; and our departure will take place. Praise God! Amen!

Maranatha!

Valerie

Well here's something interesting happening on Ascension Day May 14, 2015, Asteroid to brush close to Earth; perhaps as it does, our Rapture occurs; God knows what tomorrow holds, and we'll soon find out. Maranatha! Valerie

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

Narrow miss: Kilometer-wide asteroid to brush close to Earth

An asteroid up to 1.3 kilometers across will come very close to Earth on May 14, according to NASA’s Near Earth Object watch. While a space rock of this size could be devastating if it hits our planet, this one is expected to hurtle safely by.

http://rt.com/news/257881-huge-asteroid-near-earth/