Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Lord Laid it On My Heart to List Bible Verses About Courage

"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

Bible Verses About Courage

Bible verses related to Courage from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance - Sort By Book Order

Joshua 1:9 - Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 Corinthians 16:13 - Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Proverbs 28:1 - The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Psalms 27:14 - Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (Read More...)

1 Chronicles 28:20 - And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do [it]: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, [even] my God, [will be] with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

Mark 5:36 - As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Psalms 31:24 - Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Philippians 1:28 - And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Ephesians 6:10-18 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. (Read More below...)

Psalms 112:7 - He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Courage/

Ephesians 6:10 - 6:18

Now viewing scripture range from the book of Ephesians chapter 6:10 through chapter 6:18...

Ephesians Chapter 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Re: The Lord Laid it On My Heart to List Bible Verses About Courage

Bible Verses About Courage: 20 Great Scripture Quotes

The Bible is full of people that showed great courage. What does courage look like for your life? Are you needing some strength and courage from God? Check out these great Bible verses about courage.

Strength in Courage
Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

Joshua 1:7-9 “Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”

1 Chronicles 28:20 “And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.”

Psalm 31:24 “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.”

Isaiah 41:10-13 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.”

1 Corinthians 15:58 “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”

1 Corinthians 16:13 “Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.”

Ephesians 6:10 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”

Courageous and Unafraid

Psalm 23:4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”

Psalm 27:1 “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”

Psalm 56:3-4 “What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.”

Isaiah 54:4 “Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.”

Matthew 10:28 “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

Hebrews 13:5-6 “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”

1 Peter 3:14-16 “But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.”

1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”

Courage brings Freedom & Peace

John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

Philippians 1:12-14 “But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places; And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.”

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-courage-20-great-scripture-quotes/#ixzz3UuEfiNU7

Sermon:
THE GIFT OF BOLDNESS
ACTS 4:1 8

An undeniable sign of the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit is boldness. What is boldness? "It is the inner delight of a liberated person expressed in daring."

In the midst of human weakness and the timid nature of religion, the great need is for boldness...boldness in loving...forgiving...speaking the truth in love...and obedience to the will of God that is revealed to us in prayer.

Boldness is the key to the 4th chapter of Acts, and the center point of this section is found in verse 13: "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."

The word boldness means "telling all" "to pour forth, like pouring water out of a cup." It's the conviction, communication and character that are based on undeniable truth and experience.

Boldness is something that captures attention...compelling people to listen. It combines the emphasis of "I know this is true because it happened to me" with a clear "Thus saith the Lord."

It is rooted in scripture and also personal communion with the Lord. There is no apology for it or in it. True boldness, which comes from being with Jesus, is not brash, hard, or arrogant...but attractive and clear, confident because we know that He has won the battle with death, Satan, and the world.

The apostles had a holy boldness. They were possessed by a great passion that was motivated by their experience of Jesus, His resurrection, and His return in power in the Holy Spirit.

Someone, not just something, had happened to them both before and after Pentecost. They were the new creation, filled with the excitement of the promise Jesus had made them:
"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father."

The greater works of quantity, not quality, were being done. Christ was unloosed in the world. The apostles were filled with His Spirit; thousands had responded to their preaching of the gospel; a lame man had been healed...and nothing was impossible now!

I want to look at the source, the motive and the nature of authentic boldness over the next few weeks. Let's begin by reading Acts 4:1 4 and look at the boldness of the resurrection.

The motive of the boldness of the apostles was the resurrection... Christ's and their own. They were the people for whom Christ's resurrection was the central fact of history...and the focus of their faith in a living Lord.

The experience of the empty tomb, now maximized by the power of the Holy Spirit, gave them a mission and a message. The resurrection had enabled them to be born again...and now their character was being transformed by the same power that raised Jesus from the dead.

Read more:

http://www.sermoncentral.com/sermons/the-gift-of-boldness-gregory-mc-donald-sr-sermon-on-holy-spirit-in-believers-144097.asp

Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes

Wow Valerie. Praise the Lord, I am able to get on the site this morning.

This thread you wrote brings to mind Jesus story about the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man said to Lazarus that if someone from the dead was sent, then his family would believe. Many Jews and Gentiles did not believe even though Jesus rose from the dead, even though many of the saints rose from the dead-

From Luke 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Matthew 27: 51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;
53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.…

Courage can be based on ignorance (fearlessness of something one should be cautious about) or
Courage can be based on truth. Like the saints that rose on that great day of giving His life in our place, who knew beyond a shadow of a doubt who was LORD, we also will rise one day. Our courage is based on truth.
As every person did not believe in Christ Jesus though these saints rose and Jesus Himself rose on the third day afterwards, when Jesus returns for the catching away, harpazo, though there is a great resurrection and catching away of the living, not all left on the earth will believe. Some will. The unbelievers will have this great event, Moses, the prophets and the New Testament.
We have the Holy Spirit of God living inside us now, so let us be courageous based on truth and spread the gospel and pray for one another until that great day arrives. If we are weak, pray for strength, if we are sick, let us pray for one another. In pain, let us pray for one another, whatever the need, let us go in one accord for one another in boldness, in courage to the throne of grace, based on the truth that Jesus IS the Son of God, the Son of David who has risen indeed!

Maranatha!

Regina.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Here are some of my thoughts on courage, for I believe God gives us courage
to do or say things some may not have the boldness to say under their own
power.

Born Again, Holy Spirit filled Christians, have Courage. Courage is...Boldness, holy boldness, to speak up, with boldness.

"An undeniable sign of the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit is boldness. What is boldness? "It is the inner delight of a liberated person expressed in daring."(also all that is quotes below)

Let us all show the world, that the Holy Spirit dwells within us, by boldly announcing to everyone, that Jesus alone, is the only begotten Son of God, through whom we receive Salvation. Through Jesus, God the Father sends us His Holy Spirit, to speak on our behalf or on the behalf of God or others, with Divine Godly boldness. God through His Holy Spirit, gives us boldness/courage, to do God's will here on Earth. Letting, God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Take courage,knowing, that Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us to the very end.

Believe on the Lord Jesus, and let the Father's will be done accordingly. For God has not given us a spirit of fear. We let God transform us through His Holy Spirit, and lean on God for understanding, for those things we have no answers for, knowing, that our God knows the end from the beginning, beforehand, and only desires the best for His children.

The Ressurection of our Lord Jesus, testifies to the fact, that Jesus is the Son of God, and that, only through His selfless sacrifice we receive salvation. Through acceptance, of our Lord and Savior Jesus, we can come with boldness to God's throne knowing, we have nothing to fear. Jesus paid the price for our sins in full, by laying His life down willing, on the cross, and rising from the dead; therefore, reuniting us with God the Father through Him.

Thank God for Jesus, without Him, there would be no hope for the world, and it's inhabitants. What a loving God we serve, through His Son, we are saved and need not perish.

Let God's Holy Spirit continue to teach and guide all those who belong to God, with boldness, and assurance of eternal life and bliss, in God's kingdom one day very soon. Amen!

God Bless,

Valerie

Valerie

Sermon:

THE GIFT OF BOLDNESS

ACTS 4:1 8

An undeniable sign of the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit is boldness. What is boldness? "It is the inner delight of a liberated person expressed in daring."

In the midst of human weakness and the timid nature of religion, the great need is for boldness...boldness in loving...forgiving...speaking the truth in love...and obedience to the will of God that is revealed to us in prayer.

Boldness is the key to the 4th chapter of Acts, and the center point of this section is found in verse 13: "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."

The word boldness means "telling all" "to pour forth, like pouring water out of a cup." It's the conviction, communication and character that are based on undeniable truth and experience.

Boldness is something that captures attention...compelling people to listen. It combines the emphasis of "I know this is true because it happened to me" with a clear "Thus saith the Lord."

It is rooted in scripture and also personal communion with the Lord. There is no apology for it or in it. True boldness, which comes from being with Jesus, is not brash, hard, or arrogant...but attractive and clear, confident because we know that He has won the battle with death, Satan, and the world.

The apostles had a holy boldness. They were possessed by a great passion that was motivated by their experience of Jesus, His resurrection, and His return in power in the Holy Spirit.

Someone, not just something, had happened to them both before and after Pentecost. They were the new creation, filled with the excitement of the promise Jesus had made them:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father."

The greater works of quantity, not quality, were being done. Christ was unloosed in the world. The apostles were filled with His Spirit; thousands had responded to their preaching of the gospel; a lame man had been healed...and nothing was impossible now!

I want to look at the source, the motive and the nature of authentic boldness over the next few weeks. Let's begin by reading Acts 4:1 4 and look at the boldness of the resurrection.

The motive of the boldness of the apostles was the resurrection... Christ's and their own. They were the people for whom Christ's resurrection was the central fact of history...and the focus of their faith in a living Lord.

The experience of the empty tomb, now maximized by the power of the Holy Spirit, gave them a mission and a message. The resurrection had enabled them to be born again...and now their character was being transformed by the same power that raised Jesus from the dead.

Read more:

http://www.sermoncentral.com/sermons/the-gift-of-boldness-gregory-mc-donald-sr-sermon-on-holy-spirit-in-believers-144097.asp