Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Uncertainty, frozen Internet predicted re: 'net neutrality'

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

http://www.onenewsnow.com/media/2015/02/27/uncertainty-frozen-internet-predicted-re-net-neutrality

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

NRB keeping eye on Feds that want to keep eye on us Bill Bumpas (OneNewsNow.com) Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A group of religious broadcasters is raising First Amendment concerns as a pair of powerful government agencies consider increasing their control of the Internet.

Both the Federal Communications Commission and Federal Election Commission are drawing attention to their secretive plans for Internet regulations.

Aaron Mercer, vice president of government relations for the National Religious Broadcasters, says his organization has free speech concerns.

There's definitely a potential for a chill on free speech for those who don't want to get caught in the maze of federal regulations," he observes. "And that's a real concern, I think, for a lot of folks and certainly for us."

Meanwhile, a commissoner for the FCC and another for the FEC are warning the public about the plans of both federal agencies, naming freedom of speech and Internet speed as two likely victims. Both are Republican members.

On the matter of regulating speech, Ajit Pai and Lee Goodwarn warn in a column on the Politico website:

Without government regulation, political speech and civic engagement have flourished on the Internet, and ordinary citizens have had the same freedom and ability to disseminate their political opinions to a wide public audience as large media corporations.

Read more:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/media/2015/02/25/nrb-keeping-eye-on-feds-that-want-to-keep-eye-on-us#.VPE2iDTF_lJ

"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

7 Reasons Net Neutrality Is a Threat to Your Freedom

The FCC's Democrat majority voted on Thursday to fix something that ain't broken by approving new regulations for the Internet. Republicans are dissenting, darkly suggesting that the new rules in government hands are a threat.

The commission's chairman, Tom Wheeler, said the new rules will ensure net neutrality by barring Internet service providers like Comcast from charging companies like Netflix for priority data transmission. Considering that ISPs don't do this, and currently treat all data transmission equally, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-California, accused the FCC of trying to "fix something that is far from broken."

Here are 7 reasons why the FCC's new net neutrality rules could be a threat to your freedom.

1. The FCC's new rules are a heavy-handed government takeover of the Internet.

Under the new rules, broadband Internet is classified as a public utility for the first time ever. This gives the government wide control of private companies like Comcast, Verizon, and Time Warner Cable, reducing their incentives to invest in their respective networks. Without this investment, broadband technology will develop more slowly, and prices will be higher for consumers.

2. Net neutrality subsidizes large companies like Netflix and Facebook who don't need it.

In November, it was widely reported that Netflix alone accounts for over 35 percent of all Internet traffic in the US. If broadband providers were able to charge Netflix a small fee for the high volume of data they send, they could pass that money onto consumers in the form of lower monthly bills.

3. The new rules subvert democracy and the will of the people.

CBS News reported that two in three Americans are opposed to the idea of government regulating the Internet. Other polls show that opposition to net neutrality is even higher.

4. The new regulations will stifle free speech.

Lee E. Goodman, former chairman and a current commissioner of the Federal Election Commission, told Newsmax TV that a government takeover of the Internet will chill political speech.

5. The rule-making process was corrupted by the White House.

President Obama and White House staffers used backchannel meetings to pressure chairman Wheeler into creating the strongest possible net neutrality rules over the more moderate approach he originally intended. In this way, the White House operated "like a parallel version of the FCC itself," The Wall Street Journal reported.

6. The commission's vote wasn't transparent.

The new set of rules ushered in by Thursday's 3-2 vote were not provided to the public for comment. Ahead of the vote, one of the agency's five commissioners, Ajit Pai, tweeted a picture of the 317-page plan that he was barred from showing the public. Even after the vote, the rules will not be published publicly for many days.

7. The new rules will hurt the right to privacy, and further empower the federal government to spy on its citizens.

After Edward Snowden leaked the NSA's secret PRISM surveillance program in 2013, it became clear that the federal government is interested in snooping around in the private affairs of its citizens. Now that the federal government controls the web, its ability to spy will only increase.

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/seven-reasons-net-neutrality-threat/2015/02/27/id/627247/?Dkt_nbr=10E2C-1&nmx_source=Canada_free_press&nmx_medium=widget&nmx_content=37&nmx_campaign=widgetphase2