Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The TRUE Story of the 1st Thanksgiving - A Day Set to Thank God -

How far we have slipped away from those early days of the 1600's when devoted Christian Pilgrims left the persecution and depotism of England to find a place where they could worship God freely. They came to make a place for God in the world. Hear the true story at the video link below. This true account is in the book by David Manuel and Peter Marshall Jr. entitled "The Light and the Glory". They found all the old original writings of the early settlers and shared what really happened in our history. I have read the book and listening to the story read by this guy makes me wonder if I would have had the courage to go thru what they did to get to this land.

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

Re: The TRUE Story of the 1st Thanksgiving - A Day Set to Thank God -

Psalm 150 New King James Version (NKJV)

Let All Things Praise the Lord
150 Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
2 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!

Everyone join in and share a favorite song/hymn, your thoughts about this Thanksgiving 2014 and what you are thankful to God for most especially.

I am thankful for knowing each of you and knowing that we will be friends forever. I am also thankful for my family and that God is covering us with His wing and protecting, providing for and healing each one.

Hi Texas Sue, thank you for the great post!
Here is another site on the first thanksgiving, about William Bradford who journaled when he came to the new land.
William Bradford and the First Thanksgiving

I am thankful for God's grace to save a wretch like me. He has kept my family alive to this day and I'm trusting Him to save all my family. I am very thankful for you Texas Sue and all here at RFTH. You are a great encouragement and comfort, great company to wait for the Lord's return with you. thank you for prayers for one another.
Thank You God for making it possible for Your people to meet from long distances apart, to hope in You together.
And....
I am thankful to God for begetting Jesus, for giving us His only begotten Son Jesus to be our Savior. How wonderful. How beyond our comprehension what a great treasure Jesus is, that God would share His Son with us.

God, You are magnificent. You are to be blessed and praised forever, You deserve love and loyalty.

Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes

HaHa, Valerie, my husband reminded me just now that the first Thanksgiving was in our O Canada, in Newfoundland 42 years before the "johnnie come latelys"

The first Thanksgiving celebration by Euro-peoples in North America was not in New England but in Newfoundland by Martin Frobisher, 42 years before the Pilgrims.

BY EDMONTON JOURNAL, CANWEST NEWS SERVICE SEPTEMBER 12, 2005

The first Thanksgiving celebration by Euro-peoples in North America was not in New England but in Newfoundland by Martin Frobisher, 42 years before the Pilgrims.

Frobisher's Thanksgiving was not for harvest but homecoming. He had safely returned from a search for the Northwest Passage, avoiding the later fate of Henry Hudson and Sir John Franklin.

Given the fierceness of Arctic winter and the tragedy of these other expeditions, we can understand why he was grateful to come out alive. But why a special thanksgiving?

Frobisher sailed under Elizabeth I, whose reign was marked by gratitude from beginning to end. For her first 20 years she held public thanksgiving simply for having lived to ascend the throne -- having escaped the fate of her mother, Anne Boleyn, at the hand of her sister, "Bloody Mary," in the previous reign.

Ten years after Frobisher's return, England gave thanks for delivery from the Spanish Armada. And in her last speech to Parliament the great Queen began "We perceive your coming is to offer thanks ..." and went on to return those thanks to her subjects.

It was in this spirit of thanksgiving --for being alive, protected, and appreciated -- that the English language and culture flowered in the works of Shakespeare, Spencer and Ben Johnson. England was very different then -- it was known as "Merrie Englande: its grown men laughed, cried, danced and loved exuberantly -- like their Sovereign." This was the context of Frobisher's 1578 Thanksgiving in Newfoundland.

We don't know much of that tradition in Canada. That's because most of Canada that was colonized then was under French rule -- except for Newfoundland, which had been discovered in the name of Elizabeth's grandfather, Henry VII.

The Thanksgiving we know began on a different rock under a different sovereign and in a different spirit. The Puritans were refugees from Elizabeth's successor, James. He and son Charles's insistence on the divine right of kings brought England to revolution and civil war a century before the American Revolution and two centuries before the U.S. Civil War. From Puritan rule in Britain came the unemotional Englishman with the "stiff upper lip."

Thirty years before they banned Christmas carols, feasting and dancing in Britain, the Puritans established a stern upright rule in New England. Having fled from persecution themselves, they persecuted others who believed differently. With the exception of Rhode Island, the New England colonies were driven by a sense of self-righteousness that grew from the grievances their leaders felt they had suffered in their homeland.

This eventually fired the American Revolution. Two-thirds of the Declaration of Independence is a list of grievances. Later this spirit pitted Americans against each other in the Civil War. It was this sense of rightness and others being wrong as much as slavery that led to the split in America as it had in England earlier.

Canada has followed a different tradition. Through the paternalism of the French regime and the British rule that followed it, Canadians have been seen as more colonized and less democratic than our southern neighbour. Yet that became an umbrella for pluralism.

Peace, Order and Good Government is a framework where native and immigrant, Catholic and Protestant, French and English could live side by side. To have adopted Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness here would have set our peoples at each other's throats.

This co-existence was possible in a spirit of gratitude: to God, the Queen and the benefits believed to flow from both. Gratitude is the foundation of society and ultimately of life on Earth. Frobisher's 1578 service of Thanksgiving is a milepost on a planetary journey to wholeness.

The difference between Elizabethan gratitude and Puritan grievance can be seen in the symbols of the societies that grew from them. In the north a beaver chews the branch of a fallen tree. To the south, an eagle carries a different load and message in each of its talons: in the one an olive branch, in the other a bundle of arrows.

Our lack of this ambivalence in Canada is something we have to be thankful for.

© (c) CanWest MediaWorks Publications Inc.

Beautiful thread thanks so very much Texas Sue. A very Happy Thanksgiving, to all those who are celebrating today. I'm thankful for God's love, mercy, and saving grace each and every day.

I thank God for putting each and everyone of you together here on the site, to give God the Honor and Glory; for all good things come from the Father, to those whom love Him.

Have a great day, in the Lord today; and be thankful for what you have, which may be a lot more, than many people on this earth have; thanks be to God for all things, small and great.

God Bless,

Valerie

Regina thanks so much for adding all you found to this Thanksgiving thread. I did not know the first Thanksgiving was held in Canada but had heard of Mr. Frobischer. I don't remember in what context though. Also, love the song by Mahalia Jackson. She is one of the great voices and is greatly missed.

Valerie thank you also for your lovely Thanksgiving wishes and blessing. I am thankful that God put in your heart to start this forum. It is my second home!

Here are two more wonderful Thanksgiving songs to enjoy and share with those you love everyone. Please join in with what you are thanking God for this year.

THANKSGIVING MEDLEY

"THANKSGIVING< I THANK YOU" By Johnny Cash (YOU WILL LOVE THIS}

This one is best seen full screen so that you can more easily read the quotes.

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPPOSES

T/Sue,

This Jewish fellow, I saw on TBN (wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving), said that Thanksgiving started with the Israelites...soon after they escaped from Egypt. And the word--thanksgiving is actually a Jewish word.

What do you make of that!?

Maranatha!
Tammy

Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes

Hi Tammy! Our Lord God loves a good feast! and He wants His people to be thankful, so here on this link is about God's feasts. Here is a quote from the link about the feast of tabernacles, which is a harvest feast, to be thankful to God.
Yes the Israelites who were delivered from Egypt had not just a day of thanksgiving, but an entire week.
Our God knows how to party

C. The observance of the Feast of Tabernacles.

1. (13-15) How to observe the Feast of Tabernacles.

You shall observe the Feast of Tabernacles seven days, when you have gathered from your threshing floor and from your winepress. And you shall rejoice in your feast, you and your son and your daughter, your male servant and your female servant and the Levite, the stranger and the fatherless and the widow, who are within your gates. Seven days you shall keep a sacred feast to the LORD your God in the place which the LORD chooses, because the LORD your God will bless you in all your produce and in all the work of your hands, so that you surely rejoice.

a. You shall observe the Feast of Tabernacles seven days: This was to happen on the fifteenth day of the Jewish month Tishri (on the Jewish ceremonial calendar). The Feast of Tabernacles was a time to rejoice in God’s deliverance and provision for Israel during the time of wilderness wandering; a time when having come into the Promised Land, looking back with gratitude on all God had done to deliver and provide in the tough times of the wilderness.

i. Leviticus 23:39 says of the Feast of Tabernacles, on the first day there shall be a sabbath-rest, and on the eighth day a sabbath rest. The Feast of Tabernacles began and ended in rest; it was all about celebration and rest and refreshment, remembering what God had done.

b. Your manservant and your maidservant: We see here also the great social good God intended in the Sabbath and in the Feasts; in other ancient cultures, there was no day off, and there were no holidays. Here, God commands both holidays and “vacation days” - all centered on Him!

c. Observe the Feast of Tabernacles: Prophetically, the feast of Tabernacles speaks of the millennial rest of comfort of God for Israel and all of God’s people; it is all about peace and rest, from beginning to end.

i. Tabernacles is specifically said to be celebrated during the millennium (Zechariah 14:16-19).

2. (16-17) The command to observe each of these three feasts.

Three times a year all your males shall appear before the LORD your God in the place which He chooses: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Tabernacles; and they shall not appear before the LORD empty-handed. Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you.

Deuteronomy 16 - The Three Major Feasts,C. The observance of the Feast of Tabernacles

Thank you Texas Sue for the videos and this thread.
Wish I was able to tell the folks in Ferguson about giving thanks. America is still a nation of law rather than anarchy.
We have food, clothing, shelter, much to be thankful for. Most of all, the Savior's love for us is free to us although it cost Him his flesh life.
The love of Jesus is open to all who will receive Him.
Thank you God for sending Jesus.
Thank you Jesus for coming, giving Your life to pay our sin debt. Thank You! for the blessed hope that You have given us that You will return for us one day. One day, You will gather all who love God to heaven, the resurrection and catching away. You will ingather from the earth to God. Thank You Lord Jesus, Lord of the harvest.

Thank You Valerie for RFTH!