Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Houston's Lesbian Mayor and Why Joel Osteen won't preach against Homosexuality

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=27396

Re: Houston's Lesbian Mayor and Why Joel Osteen won't preach against Homosexuality

When Joel Osteen talks about homosexuality, he wants to have his cake and eat it, too. In order to maintain a few meager crumbs of his religious veneer, he grudgingly admits that the bible does indeed say that homosexuality is a sin. But that’s as far as he goes, he doesn’t preach against it, and he also says that he would have no problem attending same-sex weddings. In the above video, you can hear as he repeats over and over that he does not preach against homosexuality from the pulpit, it is only something he mentions on talk shows!

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

This is a quote from the article. I honestly don't know what Joel's motivation for not making a strong stand against sin, including same sex marriages. The article suggests that his motivation is money. That could be, but I also see him as a person who is afraid of offending anyone and who is afraid of criticism if he were to take a strong stand against any kind of sin, whether it's adultery, fornication, or anything else. I think that he is more of a motivation speaker instead of a pastor. In my opinion, his fear of what man thinks is stronger than his fear of God. And that's a dangerous position to be in for someone who is preaching and teaching God's Word. His judgment is going to be much stronger and he is going to be accountable to the Lord for not feeding his sheep properly with the full counsel of the Lord. His followers are starving to death because he does not have the courage to make a stand against sin.

By contrast, that's why I like and respect Charles Stanley so much. He, too, has a large following like Osteen, but he is not afraid of speaking out strongly against sin and calls it what it is. He obviously has a reverence for God and what He thinks, which is way stronger than any fear of what man thinks. If he were to lose some of his following for speaking the truth of God's word, he would continue to do so without apology.

Re: Houston's Lesbian Mayor and Why Joel Osteen won't preach against Homosexuality

Tom & Lisaleenie,

We should always ask ourselves, who are we trying to please man/woman or God?

I think we should stand up for Biblical truth, and please God first, no matter
what people may think of us.

Here are some scriptures to this fact more at url below:

"Fair Use for Information & Educational Purposes"

What Does the Bible Say About Pleasing God Rather Than People?

Read more at:
http://www.openbible.info/topics/pleasing_god_rather_than_people

Pleasing God Rather Than People

Galatians 1:10

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Proverbs 29:25

The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.

1 Thessalonians 2:4

But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

John 12:43

For they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God.

Acts 5:29

But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.

Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,