Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Megachurch Pastor Signals Shift in tone on Gay Marriage

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/18/us/megachurch-pastor-signals-shift-in-tone-on-gay-marriage.html?_r=0

Re: Megachurch Pastor Signals Shift in tone on Gay Marriage

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

From article:

The pastor of one of the more influential global megachurches has declared that his church is in “an ongoing conversation” about same-sex marriage — saying that it is appropriate to consider the words of the Bible alongside the changing culture and the experience of people in the pews.

The comments by Brian Houston, the senior pastor of Hillsong, immediately attracted concern from the right and applause from the left, coming as many Christian denominations and congregations are struggling with how to respond to rapid expansion of gay rights and legalization of same-sex marriage.

One thing is sure - this assault on the truth of God's Word is flushing out the false leaders and showing the separation of those who stand for the truth and those who do not. This brings to mind two scriptures that are very crucial at this time.

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:7-8: 7 but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Paul knew of the enemy's tactics and warned us this day was coming. Know the Word of God and stick to it in these murky times and watch how people line up. Looks like there will be no place to hide and all will be known for who they are and where they stand now. Sounds like harvest time where the fruit is gathered and the weeds/tares are bundled up for the fire.

Texas Sue You are right when you said that the truth of God's word is sifting out the false prophets. Given time the Truth will find you out and expose you for what you are.

Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes

Thank you for the post. What comes to mind is who Jesus is. He is holy. He is sinless. His Father is God who made everything, who existed before all creation and exists for eternity. God the Father Himself said Jesus is His beloved son and we are to hear Jesus.

Jesus asked His disciples, Who do you say that I am?
We are to be like Jesus, to be His body, His bride. The unbelieving world wants us to become whatever is popular in culture, but we are called to be like Jesus, to have the mind of Christ.

In the old testament, when someone had offended, Israel knew to seek the mind of the Lord: Lev24:10-12
They understood that what God thought was what mattered.

King David said, Create in me a clean heart o God, and renew a right spirit within me.
David understood who he was and that God was the one who was clean, right, holy:
Psalm 51
v9:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Our Abba Father in heaven is above all.
Ephesians 4 teaches us that we are to grow up in Christ and be holy. God has forgiven us through His great grace to us, ; we are forgiven to be changed into the likeness of holiness, changed into the likeness of Christ behaving as He does without sin. This is an ongoing process as long as we are in these mortal bodies. This does not mean we give up and become like those who do not know God. We are to run this race to the finish (0f our lives) as those running for a prize.

Here is on Divergent Doctrines" in The Omega Letter Commentary
Fair Use for Educational and Discussion Purposes