Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barbaric Destruction or Beauty -

Does anyone else here love the Hallmark movies? I just watched "Candles On Bay Street" again. At the end of the movie is a lovely poem by Edna St Vincent Millay -

Fair use for information and discussion puprposes

“My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—
It gives a lovely light!”

It brought to memory a couple of other lovely poems. Some lines from Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening" - my favorite words are the last stanza:

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Then the almost musical Sara Teasdale, "children's faces looking up, holding wonder like a cup".

All of the news the last few weeks have gone from bad to worse to horrible. From deadly diseases spreading which were probably cooked up ina mad scientists' lab to murderous barbaric killers destroying lives of not just random individuals but whole families, whole towns. Leaders are lawless and money is worthless, but no one speaks up. The world has changed massively in just a few short years.

So to combat this along with prayer, I have deliberately focused on what is still good. The Word says that if there be any virtue if there be anything good to think on these things. So I have gotten out my favorite music and enjoyed some great old broadway musicals, the really lovely classical pieces by Verdi, Mozart, and Rossini; watching sweet movies with good messages, reading and thinking about my favorite poems, favorite books, and family memories. I am so looking forward to seeing all of my family who have gone on to heaven and thrilled to know it may be sooner rather than later.

The thought came to me that all of the lovely things about life that are so special to those of us who would just like to live and let live were not created by the twisted and malevolent. Jesus gave us the measuring tool in John 10:10 when He said, "The devil comes to STEAL, KILL and DESTROY, but I have come to give you LIFE and that more ABUNDANTLY".

Those who choose to live by such a barbaric standard would not know how to sit down and capture a moment of profound emotion in a poem, a story, a song. They do not understand or desire the simple joy sitting down to a nice meal together with their family or a holiday celebration.

The satisfaction of a job well done - the completion of a building, a garden, teaching a child to read or to tie their shoes, all of these large and small successes are beyond the aibilty of a destroyer to understand or appreciate. When a person is consumed and controlled by evil they are blind to beauty, deaf and dumb in the midst of a lovely melody or precious moment of happiness. That is because these are all gifts from God the Creator Who expressed pleasure in the completion of His creation by saying after each---"IT IS GOOD". Only those who are created by God for His glory seek after these things or have the desire to create them. The contrast between barbarism and civilized society is very stark and large. So glad to know that our true home will be serene, lovely, clean and safe. Can we ever be thankful enough for what Jesus did for us so that we can be in such a place.

Re: Barbaric Destruction or Beauty -

Sue:

What a beautiful post. I felt peaceful just reading it. I love poetry and beautiful music, I'm going to check out "Candles On Bay Street" The Hallmark Movie you mentioned and read the poem by Edna St Vincent Millay and also Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening".

I agree Sue, those possessed by evil spirits will never see the beauty in a sunset, listen to the sound of the ocean in a giant conch shell, or enjoy the laughter of an innocent child at play. These beautiful things come from the Lord and are gifts to us here on earth if we would only reach out in love to others. Just imagine if every person on earth did a kindness for someone with compassion and love in their hearts what a different world it would be.

You mentioned the Hallmark Movies in your post, I love those movies. And also anytime a good clean movie comes out in the theaters (very rare now) I would like to bring attention to it.

The movie "The Identical" is playing in theaters now. It is produced by "City of Peace" Productions. There is no foul language, no nudity, no crudeness in this movie. It is about the story of identical twins born in the depression years and due to incredible misfortune they were separated at birth. One becomes a famous phenomenal singer, the other belongs to a family in which his father is a minister.

Worth seeing. I feel it is so important to support clean movies and send a message to Hollywood to produce more of the same.

Sue If you love to read I was wondering if you have read any of Grace Livingston Hill books? She was a Christian lady who wrote over 100 books and she was born in the 1800s and died in 1945 I believe. Her books are written in an era where men still wore hats and treated ladies like ladies and ladies wore hats and gloves and cared about the finer things for their homes and families. One of my favorite books is "Rainbow Cottage".
It begins in a setting of a beautiful quaint cottage with a Anne Hathaway type thatched roof on the upper New England coast. A hungry orphan sits in one of the seats of a trellised archway leading to "Rainbow Cottage" which is surrounded by a beautiful garden by the sea. The cool of its vine clad trellised roof gives her shelter from the hot summer sun and she smells the mouth watering aroma of cookies baking coming from the screen door of the cottage. This is a snippet of the beginning of this orphans life. Such a beautiful read.

Thank you for this post, it was so uplifting to me. I love poetry and paintings and fine music. I am so glad the Lord softened the stark reality of life with such beautiful creative things for us to enjoy.

Like you said Sue Heaven must be a place filled with so much beauty: music, poetry, art, such wonderful breathtaking scenery we have never even imagined could exist, and most importantly our Savior the fulfillment of all love.

I hope to see you in the air soon! Homesick for Heaven!

Julie

Julie, thanks for sharing about the movie and the books by Miss Hill. I haven't read them but they sound wonderful so I will look for them. My very favorite author is Rosamund Pilcher who wrote "The Shell Seekers" which I absolutely love, and my very favorite, "Coming Home". Most of her stories are set in England and Scotland back around the WWII time period. Her charachers become so real as you read that by the end of the book they are old friends. She is now in her 90's, lives in Scotland where she was born and wrote her last book in the year 2000. So sad that there will be no more.

I remember as a little girl that we still were hats and gloves to church and to go downtown shopping. Back then there were no shopping centers or walmarts, etc., but all of the businesses were clustered together in the downtown area. A lady did not go shopping in flip flops and bermuda shorts, but dressed to go out. I am only in my 60's so that tells you how fast times have changed. People don't even dress for church now or for weddings and funerals.

One of my funniest memories as a very little girl was watching my great aunt put on the finishing touches before leaving for church. She was my granny's oldest sister, who after being widowed came to live with us until she died. She put her hair up in a big bouffant bun and wore grand hats with big long hat pins. I would watch her stick that long pin in her hat and hold my breath. I didn't know it actually went only into her hair but thought it went right into her head. I decided if she was tough enough not to cry with a pin stuck in her head that she was not someone to cross in any way. I never acted up around her!

LOL Sue that was funny about the hat pins and your aunt! I'm 55 and remember wearing gloves and pretty frilly dresses for Easter Sunday. I remember my mom wearing aprons and pretty dresses. When we went somewhere she always made sure we looked nice.

I love Rosemund Pilcher's "The Shell Seekers". I've read it and loved it. They made it into a movie but I haven't seen it. I hope it lives up to the book.

I remember always shopping downtown too. Wal-Marts didn't exist, only family owned stores existed where everyone knew each other. Family owned drugstores, shoe stores, barber shops, were lined up side by side making up the main street USA that Norman Rockwell painted in his paintings. Groceries used to be delivered along with milk, eggs, and orange juice. Gas station attendants used to come out and wash your windshield and check the air in your tires and pump your gas for you, and also check your oil, such great memories. I remember a store named McCrorys. It was a 5 and dime store with wooden floors and it had a soda fountain in it with a long bar and cushioned stools where you could order milkshakes and sandwiches. I used to sit on these stools and spin around until mom caught me and made me stop. LOL! The strangest thing I remember was an ice house. We would pull up to it and Dad would put money into a slot and out slide a huge block of ice, not cubes but a huge ice block.

Another memory of my childhood is lightning bugs. They used to be all over here in Florida, now I never see even one.

I guess they disappeared along with the America I once knew...

Sue who would have ever imagined back then the things we would see now? It's still so hard to comprehend the evil that can be in men's hearts.

Julie, I found the entire poem by Sara Teasdale that I had been searching for a few days ago. I quoted one line of it above but here it is in its complete perfection.

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

BARTER by Sara Teasdale

Life has loveliness to sell,
All beautiful and splendid things,
Blue waves whitened on a cliff,
Soaring fire that sways and sings,
And children's faces looking up
Holding wonder like a cup.

Life has loveliness to sell,
Music like a curve of gold,
Scent of pine trees in the rain,
Eyes that love you, arms that hold,
And for your spirit's still delight,
Holy thoughts that star the night.

Spend all you have for loveliness,
Buy it and never count the cost;
For one white singing hour of peace
Count many a year of strife well lost,

And for a breath of ecstasy
Give all you have been, or could be.

^The highlights in red are my favorite lines

Sue I love this excerpt you highlighted in Sara Teasdale's poem. It reminds me of our walk with Jesus. For the love of our Savior we never count the cost to ourselves, rather wanting that peace that can only come from Him.

And for your spirit's still delight,
Holy thoughts that star the night.

Spend all you have for loveliness,
Buy it and never count the cost;
For one white singing hour of peace
Count many a year of strife well lost,

Beautiful...

... and here is a copy of the poem,

"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
By Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it q ueer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

I can almost hear the quiet of the woods, the softly falling snow, the bells on the little horse's harness. Being snug in something warm while the cold is all around and getting drowsy from a long day before going home.

Love this poem! It reminds me of Grace Livingston Hill's style of writing. You can tell it was another place in time from which she wrote because of some of the "quaintness of phrase" from her books.

The Flight by Sara Teasdale

LOOK back with longing eyes and know that I will follow,
Lift me up in your love as a light wind lifts a swallow,
Let our flight be far in sun or windy rain--
But what if I heard my first love calling me again?

Hold me on your heart as the brave sea holds the foam,
Take me far away to the hills that hide your home;
Peace shall thatch the roof and love shall latch the door--

But what if I heard my first love calling me once more?

This beautiful poem by Sara Teasdale reminds that our first love is calling us home...

And here is a poem I found by Edna St. Vincent Millay

City Trees

The trees along this city street,
Save for the traffic and the trains,
Would make a sound as thin and sweet
As trees in country lanes.

And people standing in their shade
Out of a shower, undoubtedly
Would hear such music as is made
Upon a country tree.

Oh, little leaves that are so dumb
Against the shrieking city air,
I watch you when the wind has come,—
I know what sound is there.

(It seems the city trees envy the country trees.) I would rather be a country tree :)

I saw a video not long ago about someone going to heaven and experiencing parts of it. They told of how the talent you have on earth will be experienced with even greater ability in heaven. Imagine Sara Teasdale, Robert Frost, Edna St. Vincent Millay and Grace Livingston Hill in heaven with their talent and the artistic writings they will have produced and the beauty of heaven to give them inspiration.

Julie, I love the poem "The Flight" and enjoyed the one about the Trees also. I don't know if anyone else is on with us in our enjoyment of these lovely words; however, I am having a great time.

I have the movie of "The Shell Seekers" and the main character of Penelope Keeling is played by Angela Lansbury. She is so perfect for the part and I don't think anyone else could have done as well.

You have probably already heard this but I am posting it anyway since it is a beautiful song and a dear story. This is the video of a quiet little British lady who put her life on hold to stay home and care for ill parents until they passed away. She managed to get on the program "Britain's Got Talent" to sing and pursue her long held dream of being a professional singer. Of course the rest is history now as all the world has heard her very dynamic voice. I still get teary watching this video because it is such an overcomer's story of victory.

Fair use for information and discussion purposes

Just one more musical number to share. This is the "Triumphal March" from Aida by Guiseppe Verdi. It is the song played after the army came back in victory after battle parading the captured enemies and spoils of war. I don't know what music will play at the end of Armageddon when Jesus is triumphant over satan's armies but have imagined that this would be a good one. I especially love the part at the 3:50 mark. Notice the long silver trumpets they are playing. These are exactly like the ones the Hebrews used to signal the people to attention, to call to a meeting or break camp. Isn't that a coincidence!

Texas Sue
Julie, I love the poem "The Flight" and enjoyed the one about the Trees also. I don't know if anyone else is on with us in our enjoyment of these lovely words; however, I am having a great time.

I have the movie of "The Shell Seekers" and the main character of Penelope Keeling is played by Angela Lansbury. She is so perfect for the part and I don't think anyone else could have done as well.

You have probably already heard this but I am posting it anyway since it is a beautiful song and a dear story. This is the video of a quiet little British lady who put her life on hold to stay home and care for ill parents until they passed away. She managed to get on the program "Britain's Got Talent" to sing and pursue her long held dream of being a professional singer. Of course the rest is history now as all the world has heard her very dynamic voice. I still get teary watching this video because it is such an overcomer's story of victory.

T/Sue & Julie,

It is my heart's desire to sing like Susan Boyle, when we all get to heaven. I surely hope 'n' pray that all our voices change for the better once we get to heaven, so's we can also sing with the angels...praising our **TRUE** Super Hero--Jesus Christ.

For I can't help but feel that Susan's beautiful voice was God-given, don't you also agree with me here!?!

Maranatha!
Tammy

I believe we all agree on that!

T. Sue, Tammy S., Kathy G.

I am enjoying this post so much especially since the world has gone completely crazy around us.

Thank you Lord for the beauty you allowed to sneak from heaven through such talented people such as Susan Boyle.

Let us all use our talents for the Lord!

Sue thanks for posting the "Triumphal March" from Aida by Guiseppe Verdi and also Susan Boyle who sings like she has already gone to heaven! Beautiful! I can just see Jesus, just after Armageddon, turning and stepping up to His rightful place on King David's throne in Jerusalem and sitting down at last as King of Kings and Lord of Lords while this is playing.

A song that might be playing when Jesus returns for us in the clouds is
"The Hallelujah Chorus" in Handel's Messiah.

Happy Rosh Hashanah everyone!

Sue I am posting this in honor of your birthday.

If you haven't seen this, I think you will love it. You can watch the whole 2 episodes on youtube.

I love this story of "Anne Of Green Gables"

Julie, I love Anne of Green Gables. It is such a sweet story and I will really enjoy watching this again. I always thought that Handel's Messiah would be a lovely piece at the coronation of Jesus. I don't know what music that Father God has planned but that would certainly fit. If not at the coronation I am sure we will hear it in heaven. Just listened again to both parts of Richard Sigmund's trip to heaven that Bob D found for us and he talked about hearing seeing Johan Sebastian Bach in heaven conducting his music! I remember Corrie Ten Boom saying that there must be Bach's music in heaven as it is so beautiful. Well she was right! There may be more surprises than we could ever guess about what is in store there.

Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes

Another happy birthday for you Sue.
It will be the grandest Birth Day for all of us when our love comes to us

A BIRTHDAY

by: Christina Rossetti (1830-1894)
My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a water'd shoot;
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose boughs are bent with thick-set fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these,
Because my love is come to me.

Raise me a daïs of silk and down;
Hang it with vair and purple dyes;
Carve it in doves and pomegranates,
And peacocks with a hundred eyes;
Work it in gold and silver grapes,
In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys;
Because the birthday of my life
Is come, my love is come to me.

"A Birthday" is reprinted from Macmillan's Magazine (April 1861).

Read more at http://www.poetry-archive.com/r/a_birthday.html#gzihudi3yPYymPfu.99

Regina what a lovely poem! Thanks for the happy birthday wishes too!