Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Could there be another Great Awakening In America?

World Net Daily is carrying this article by Greg Laurie today. He talks about the past Great Awakenings that birthed America and kept her going. Can there be another?

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/another-great-awakening-in-america/?cat_orig=faith

Excerpt:

I hope we all have gotten the memo that the solution is not political. No politician from any party will be able to turn this country around. Our primary problem is spiritual, and the only solution for turning our nation around is spiritual. That will come as a result of people praying.

I think America has two options before us: judgment or revival. If we don’t have a revival, then we are in big trouble in the United States. We know this much. Judgment is coming to America one day, just as judgment is coming to all of the world. That is inevitable. My prayer is that before judgment does come, we will have at least one more spiritual awakening.

The United States has had a number of revivals, or Great Awakenings, that have turned our nation around. The first was during the early 1700s, with such men as Jonathan Edwards and George Whitefield taking part. During two years of this revival from 1740 to 1742, between 25,000 and 50,000 people came to believe in Jesus Christ – and that was out of a population of only 300,000.

The Second Great Awakening took place during the days of the early frontier, the Wild West, from the 1790s to 1840. Preachers like Charles Finney were proclaiming the gospel at a time when the law was disregarded and sexual sin was rampant. People would come from everywhere to camp meetings, where makeshift structures with sawdust floors were set up in the middle of a forest. Itinerant preachers would ride on horseback from place to place, preaching the gospel. One lanky young lawyer who was dramatically impacted at one of those sawdust revivals was Abraham Lincoln.

Re: Could there be another Great Awakening In America?

There not only could be another great awakening.
There absolutely will be.

When the Rapture comes, the knowledge of what it was, will be the trigger for the final and greatest Harvest ever.

Both a harvest of the evil ones (like the gathering together of ISIL fundamentalists for their destruction) and the gathering together of Jew and Gentile into the real Messiah.

Every group has an advantage:
We who are caught up have the advantage of leaving before the culmination of the age- those who remain have the advantage of knowing just how limited their time is.

Mike's right. The next Great Awakening will happen after the Rapture, not before. That's when a numberless worldwide multitude will come to a saving faith in Christ (the vast majority of whom will die as martyrs). Alas, there will be no Great Awakening before our departure, only more and more apostasy.

God can do what He wants and He can move very quickly. I am ruling nothing out that can happen before we leave. More could be saved in a day than in a year with the instant communication that is possible now. We are talking about the same God Who caused water to flow from a rock in the middle of the desert. Not just a trickle but enough to quench the thirst of over 3 million people for a good length of time. He caused the sea- not a brook or a creek but the SEA to roll open, dried up the seabed and brought this same group througn to the other side in the most dramatic rescue mission of all time! He closed up that same sea just as the Pharoah and his whole army were smack in the middle of it and could not escape.

This is the God Who fed that same group with bread from heaven, angel's food, for FORTY years. Their shoes and clothes did not wear out during that whole 4 decades.

This is the God Who answered Joshua's request to keep the sun shining so that he and the army could completely destroy the enemy and complete the battle. The sun did not set - how this is physically possible with all the science of the rotation of the planet and the movement of heavenly bodies is beyond me since I am not up on that kind of science, but it happened. This same God has supernaturally rescued His chosen people in many supernatural and amazing ways over the past 3,000 or more years and continues to do so. Is there anything too hard for God?

I join with the many who are praying for not just an awakening for America but the entire world - just once more before Jesus comes. Even if Jesus is coming next week there is time!