Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Reason God Can Use You

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

http://www.calvarychapel.com/resources/article/view/the-reason-god-can-use-you/

Re: The Reason God Can Use You

This is a good piece of info. I like this part:

Paul goes on and speaks of “the effective working of His power” (emphasis mine). This particular passage encourages me. It is a reminder that God supplies me with the power I need; and He will do the same for you. As God calls you to serve Him, this is what you need to know: He will give you the ability to do what He has called you to do. What we are a part of is supernatural, and we must depend upon the power of God!

What Paul was telling us is that we do not have to rely and should not depend on our inteligence or wits in sharing God with others. We let the Holy Spirit take over and give us what we should say, we depend on His power to heal and restore. We get out of the way and let God do the work through us. Takes the pressure off to know that.

Texas Sue
This is a good piece of info. I like this part:

Paul goes on and speaks of “the effective working of His power” (emphasis mine). This particular passage encourages me. It is a reminder that God supplies me with the power I need; and He will do the same for you. As God calls you to serve Him, this is what you need to know: He will give you the ability to do what He has called you to do. What we are a part of is supernatural, and we must depend upon the power of God!

What Paul was telling us is that we do not have to rely and should not depend on our intelligence or wits in sharing God with others. We let the Holy Spirit take over and give us what we should say, we depend on His power to heal and restore. We get out of the way and let God do the work through us. Takes the pressure off to know that.

Thanks Tom, for posting the link and thanks Texas Sue for your reply.

You're absolutely correct Sue, when we allow God's Holy Spirit to take over He gives us the words, to speak, power to heal & restore, and to teach His straight and narrow truthful ways. We are God's instruments, through whom the Lord uses His willing vessels to accomplish His work here on Earth. God
the Holy Spirit works through those who have His indwelling within them. All Honor and Glory belongs to God, for He works in mysterious ways.

God Bless,

Valerie

Thank you, Tom, this was a great post. I love the Calvary Chapel churches. Before I became disabled, I attended one myself. They are very conservative and they teach sound doctrine, straight from the scriptures.

I totally agree what this article said. It is the Lord Who puts the desire and the ability to do good works through us. If we think it is because of our own ability and strength, we are sadly mistaken. God does not share the glory that rightfully belongs to Him, and we will eventually fail at our own feeble attempts of holiness and serving others in our own strength. We need the help and the anointing of the Holy Spirit in our lives to be able to minister to the saints properly without falling flat on our faces. Just look at the televangelists in the 80's who did just that, because pride took over and they were calling attention to themselves instead of giving glory to the One Who so richly deserves it.

And look at the graciousness of God. He gives us rewards at the Bema Judgement for serving Him when He gives the ability for us to do so! It's like giving a child the money to buy his mother a present. A mom will "oooh" and "awwww" over the present, even though that her child could not have been able to give her a gift unless she gave him the money to do it. But just knowing that it was done willingly and out of love was the joy that she received from the present. A poor analogy, but I think this is how the Lord feels when we willingly accept the gifts that He gives us and use them to the best of our ability to minister to the saints in order to please and glorify Him.

Lisaleenie, you said "A mom will "oooh" and "awwww" over the present, even though that her child could not have been able to give her a gift unless she gave him the money to do it. But just knowing that it was done willingly and out of love was the joy that she received from the present."

This is a wonderful analogy!!

Lisa, I can hardly wait to find out what new life will be like where Jesus lives!

Regina
Lisaleenie, you said "A mom will "oooh" and "awwww" over the present, even though that her child could not have been able to give her a gift unless she gave him the money to do it. But just knowing that it was done willingly and out of love was the joy that she received from the present."

This is a wonderful analogy!!

Lisa, I can hardly wait to find out what new life will be like where Jesus lives!

I also loved that example and it is just right on target Lisaleenie.

Thank you for your responses to my analogy, Regina and Texas Sue. Since I am not a mom, I wasn't sure if the analogy fit or not, but I'm glad you both got the drift of what I was trying to say.