Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Petro Poroshenko wins Ukraine's presidential election, exit polls show

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

Petro Poroshenko wins Ukraine's presidential election, exit polls show

Exit polls suggested candy tycoon Petro Poroshenko won Ukraine's presidential election in the first round Sunday, a ballot that took place amid weeks of fighting in eastern regions where pro-Russia separatists have seized government buildings and battled government troops.

The rebels had vowed to block the ballot in the east and less than 20 per cent of the polling stations were open there. But nationwide, about 60 per cent of the electorate turned out, the central elections commission said.

Poroshenko, viewing the exit polls as definitive evidence of victory, said his first steps as president would be to visit the eastern industrial region of Donbass — home to Ukraine's coal mines — and "put an end to war, chaos, crime and bring peace to the Ukrainian land."

Long lines of voters snaked around polling stations in Kyiv, the pro-Western capital, but heavily armed pro-Russia rebels in eastern Ukraine intimidated locals by smashing ballot boxes, shutting down polling centres and issuing threats.

The exit poll for Sunday's election, conducted by three respected Ukrainian survey agencies, found the 48-year-old candy tycoon Poroshenko getting 55.9 per cent of the vote.

Poroshenko ducked the question whether he was prepared to work with Russian President Vladimir Putin but said Kyiv would like to negotiate a new security treaty with Moscow.

At a distant second was former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko with 12.9 per cent, the poll showed. Full results are expected Monday in the election that authorities in Kyiv hope will be a critical step toward resolving Ukraine's protracted crisis.

"I would like to congratulate Ukraine with the fact that despite the current aggression by the Kremlin and the desire to break this voting, the election happened and was democratic and fair," Tymoshenko said after the polls closed. "I think this is the evidence of the strength of our nation."

After the polls closed, Poroshenko appeared on a stage beside former boxing champion Vitali Klitschko, who at one point last year was leading in national polls for president. He later decided to support Poroshenko and run for Kyiv mayor instead. Results of that race were not available Sunday, but Poroshenko told journalists that their own private survey showed Klitschko winning the race.

Baird issues statement

Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird released a statement after the voting closed.

"On behalf of all Canadians, I wish to extend my congratulations to the citizens of Ukraine who peacefully exercised their sovereign right to vote during this critical phase in their country's democratic history. Canada looks forward to the official announcement of the elections' final results.

"The long lines of people who came out to vote in these elections are an undeniable affirmation of how deeply Ukrainians value freedom and democracy, and demonstrate a clear commitment to building a better future, free from Russian-sponsored subversion and violence," he said.

However, the elections were not without challenges, Baird said.

"Pro-Russian separatists and their supporters tried, unsuccessfully, to use violence and intimidation as a political strategy to prevent them from taking place in certain parts of Eastern Ukraine," Baird said, adding that Canada condemns these actions.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/petro-poroshenko-wins-ukraines-presidential-election-exit-polls-show-1

Re: Petro Poroshenko wins Ukraine's presidential election, exit polls show

Thank God, the voices of the Ukrainian people were heard loud and clear.

"The long lines of people who came out to vote in these elections are an undeniable affirmation of how deeply Ukrainians value freedom and democracy, and demonstrate a clear commitment to building a better future, free from Russian-sponsored subversion and violence," he said."

However, the elections were not without challenges, Baird said.

"Pro-Russian separatists and their supporters tried, unsuccessfully, to use violence and intimidation as a political strategy to prevent them from taking place in certain parts of Eastern Ukraine," Baird said, adding that Canada condemns these actions."

My prayer is that Putin will respect and keep the promise he made on the final election outcome & Ukrainian decision; Putin promises to work with winner. Time will tell. I'm told that the violence will begin once again come tomorrow by the Russian militants and separatists. What does that tell us...? Putin says one thing and does another, have you noticed, every time he said one thing he did the exact opposite. I don't think peace will be obtained so quickly as yet; as Putin has other card tricks up his sleeve, and no one really cares to see them.

For now the people are enjoying a moment of victory, and the strength of the nation sticking together, is evident. May God continue to bless Ukraine, and may His Angels battle for the Jews & the many Christians, who reside there.

Valerie