Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did you know that Moses was resurrected???

I found this in my late Mom's Bible...

THE TRANSFIGURATION OF CHRIST WAS AN ACTUAL PROPHECY OF HIS SECOND COMING

Matthew 16:18
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, & John his brother, and bringeth them up into the high mountain apart,
And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses & Elias (Elijah) talking with him.
Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, is it good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles: one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias (Elijah).
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overhsadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
Matthew 17:1-6

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eye-witnesses of his majesty.
For he received from God the Father honur and glory, when there cme such a voice to him from the excellent glory.
This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 2 Peter 1:16-18.
Christ appeared as He will when He comes in glory (Matt. 25:31); Moses represented the resurrected saints, as he was raised from the dead (Jude 9; Rom. 5:14; Deut. 18:15; 1 Thess. 4:13-18);
Elijah represented the translated saints, for he never died (2 Kings 2:11; 1 Thess. 4:17; 1 Cor. 15:54).

Perhaps this could be why Moses & Elijah just might be the two witnesses to appear at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, at the beginning of the Tribulation Period, do you suppose?

Maranatha!
Tammy

Re: Did you know that Moses was resurrected???

Possibly. At any rate, neither of them has a glorified resurrection body for that reason, because glorified bodies can't be killed.

Tammy,

As I was reading your post I was thinking the same thing you wrote at the bottom. That Moses and Elijah will be the two witnesses that will be killed and then resurrected and taken to heaven.

Kathy I hadn't thought about them having normal bodies, but since you mentioned it that makes sense. They can't have glorified bodies and be killed.

Has anyone ever wondered if the two witnesses are born and grow up like normal or do they just appear out of nowhere?

Every time I read how the world celebrates because they were killed, it makes me think how evil the world is to celebrate the murder of two people. I can't imagine celebrating someone's pain and suffering and then dying from it.

Let me know what you think.

Maranatha,

Julie

From what the Book of Revelation says, it appears that they're just going to appear out of nowhere. Since God is going to work through them in the same way that He worked through Moses and Elijah, in turn, it's clear that they won't be just ordinary Tribulation believers.

I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.” If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. (Revelation 11:1-13, NIV

And you're right, Julie--the world is going to be evil, indeed! I'm sure glad we're not going to be here.

Kathy, Julie & All--

Here's that text in Jude 9 (both KJV & NASB) that pertains to Moses' possible resurrection:

KJV - Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the Devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

NASB - But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the Devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Don't you think that because no one has found Moses' grave on that mountain where he went to die, that he was indeed taken to heaven after he had died? Hence my above posted opening thread title & post? Moses also appeared with Elijah on that Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus; as Peter, James & John bore witness to them.

And furthermore--we all know that Elijah was the 2nd human (Enoch, was the first...and Jesus, the first fruit, to be resurrected from the dead) to be raptured, don't we?

Maranatha!
Tammy

This is from my NCV (New Century Version) Bible, and found in...

Moses Dies
Deuteronomy 34:1-7

Then Moses climbed Mount Nebo from the plains of Moab to the top of Mount Pisgah, across from Jericho. From there the LORD showed him all the land from Gilead to Dan, 2all of Naphtali and the lands of Ephrahim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the Mediterranean Sea, 3as well as the southern desert and the whole Valley of Jericho up to Zoar. (Jericho is called the city of palm trees.) 4Then the LORD said to Moses, "This is the land I promised to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob when I said to them, 'I will give this land to your descendants.' I have let you look at it, Moses, but you will not cross over there."
5Then Moses, the servant of the LORD, died there in Moab, as the LORD had said. 6He buried Moses in Moab in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but even today no one knows where his grave is. 7Moses was one hundred twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not weak, and he was still strong.

=======

Jude 9 **MUST** be a follow-up as to what actually happened to Moses' body. Yes!?

Maranatha!
Tammy