Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Windows xp ends on 04.08.2014???

Good Morning Fellow RFTHees!

For those of us whom still have Windows xp, our systems are suppose to end 04.08.2014.

I hate this new change, and once more...I just don't see why we have to change over to Windows 8, do you? I mean, b/c I'm not that too computer savvy...so why, when one no sooner gets used to our current Windows xp system, then Microsoft says that they'll no longer support our system. Are there "Windows 8 For Dummies" instruction books out there? I "know" that I'm not exactly the sharpest tack in the box, which is why I'm asking.

What I would like to know if, and since there are quite a few of us whom do have Windows xp...will you be upgrading to Windows 8?

PLEASE do tell & share with us, your fellow RFTHees, what you'll do about this sad situation. OK!?

Maranatha!
Tammy

Re: Windows xp ends on 04.08.2014???

Windows XP is not ending, it will still work. Microsoft's support is ending. That means XP will be more open to hackers.

Good thing I have Windows 7, then! At least, it's still supported by Microsoft.

BTW, Perhaps Today, we're not allowed to use alias anymore. We have to use our names or initials.

Windows 7 is what I install when I build computers. I don't like Windows 8.
Linux mint is a good operating system, it's free, and you are not supporting a large corporation like Microsoft

Kathy G.
Good thing I have Windows 7, then! At least, it's still supported by Microsoft.

BTW, Perhaps Today, we're not allowed to use alias anymore. We have to use our names or initials.

Thanks Kathy G, I think I changed the alias to my name. I am Freddie.

Welcome to our friendly forum, Freddie!

Kathy G.
Welcome to our friendly forum, Freddie!

Thanks Kathy, I have been lurking on and off for a little over a year.

Hi Freddie,

Welcome aboard Rapture Flight to Heaven! I'm glad you decided to post and introduce yourself, as I see you've been a member for sometime now.

Do feel free to join into our friendly, conversations, on the soon coming Rapture. It's good to see another member step up and take the plunge and post!

God Bless!

Valerie

Tammy, it's all about money, that's why they keep changing at Microsoft; Windows this and that. No sooner you think you're up to date with your computer, things become obsolete. It's big business, and yes their excuse are, we're improving each time we make a new and better system; which isn't necessarily true. For example, Windows 8...many people have it but don't like using it; it is not user friendly as they describe it.

I have to agree with Steve O, & Kathy G. I too have Windows 7, and I don't like Windows 8 at all. My daughter has Windows 8, she's not too crazy about it either, then again her husband likes it although doesn't use the computer as often as she does.

I found Windows 7, much more to my liking and for my purpose, it fits perfectly.

I had Windows XP, on my old computer which crashed sometime ago, dead and buried. I found problems with it so many times it was most frustrating.

Here's an article I found on the internet, perhaps it will help.
I still believe if you can afford it update it to Windows 7.

I found the following that:

Google Chrome will continue supporting Windows XP until at least April 2015, from the article below: I marked it in red for you to take notice.

"Fair Use For Information & Discussion Purposes"

How to keep your PC secure when Microsoft ends Windows XP support

Chris Hoffman
@chrisbhoffman Feb 28, 2014 3:15 AMprint
The Windows XPocalypse is almost upon us. After a legendary dozen year run, Microsoft will stop providing security patches for Windows XP on April 8, 2014. Without Microsoft’s protection, all those WinXP PCs will have targets painted on their hard drives.

Nearly 30 percent of Internet-connected PCs still run Windows XP, and no, they won’t die that day. They’ll continue running like normal, but they’ll be rotting inside, becoming increasingly full of security holes. Microsoft itself has dubbed the condition “Zero day forever.”

Look, let’s be honest. You should upgrade from Windows XP right now if at all possible—but not everyone can cut the XP cord so completely. If you can’t upgrade, there are some things you can do to protect yourself. Make no mistake: These tricks are like sticking your finger in a leaking dam. They’ll help a bit, but the dam is crumbling and it’s time to get out of the way.

Understand the risks

When Microsoft says it’s ending support for Windows XP, that means it will no longer produce security patches for critical vulnerabilities in the operating system. As time goes on, more and more critical security holes will be found, and attackers will have free reign to exploit them. Large organizations can pay exorbitant fees for continued custom Windows XP support, but those updates will never trickle out to everyday users or small businesses.

Smart attackers are likely waiting to exploit holes they already know about. They’ll unleash their attacks when Microsoft has moved on. The problems will never be fixed, so they can continue to attack them until the last Windows XP system vanishes from the Internet.

Other software developers will eventually stop supporting Windows XP, just as they no longer support Windows 98, creating even more attack vectors. This won't happen overnight, but Windows XP will gradually be abandoned by everyone.

Choose your software wisely
If you use Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, it’s time to let go. Internet Explorer 8, the most recent version available for Windows XP, is already several generations old and will no longer receive security patches. Google Chrome will continue supporting Windows XP until at least April 2015, while Mozilla Firefox has no announced plans to stop supporting Windows XP. So switch to Chrome or Firefox and you’ll have a secure, modern browser.

read more & see video at:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2102606/how-to-keep-your-pc-secure-when-microsoft-ends-windows-xp-support.html

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. As you can see--I was beginning to freak out about this change.

My nephew, said that (since his elder brother is a computer expert) he (with his help) would be too happy to help me upgrade my computer system. I'll ask him to upgrade my MS System to Windows 7.

He & my brother use Foxfire (when operating their mailorder business); which has nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft Windows.

Yea, tell me about next month's deadline to change my/or our Windows xp system. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Maranatha!
Tammy

I am a PC Professional currently working on my A+ Certification. It is important to remember, that Microsoft no longer allows an upgrade from XP to Windows 7. You have to back up all your files and do a clean install of the OS and all of your programs. Most people prefer Windows 7 over 8 - BIG TIME! (8.1 is a little better than 8, and Windows 9 is currently in the works.) Windows 7 can still be purchased on Amazon and eBay. I have Windows 7 installed via Bootcamp on my Mac computer and love it! Mac OS is an option, too. A little known fact is that Microsoft will still be offering XP Support to big business enterprises for $200 a year with an increase each year, but it is a lot cheaper to just buy Windows 7. (I personally would not recommend Vista or 8.) My college IT department uses Windows 7 on almost all 5000 computers, and will not install Windows 8!) Here is a recent quote regarding Windows XP from William C. on mlive.com:

"Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 8 businesses I personally know of who are running nothing but Windows 2000, and doing so with less issues (both in performance and security) than businesses running Windows 7, despite support for Windows 2000 being stopped years ago.

The thing to remember is that it is not so much your operating system that makes you vulnerable, it is your antivirus/malware protection software (including firewall) and of course your online-related behavior (including browser configuration) which makes you vulnerable.

If you wanted to, you could run Win95 safely and stably tomorrow without any problems whatsoever.

So all of this hoopla over support for XP being withdrawn is nothing more than fear-mongering designed to sell you new computers that you probably don't even need."

Thank you sooo very much, Rick, for sharing that with us RFTHees, re: Windows xp!!! That's precisely what my nephew said too. He also said for me not worry too much about it, for anything should go wrong with it, then he could try 'n' fix it for me.

Btw, I really should let you all know that my PC is an old COMPAQ Presario laptop that comes with Windows xp already installed straight from the Microsoft factory. Infact, my DSIL had it before me...so she gave it to me.

Maranatha!
Tammy

Am bumping this up!!!

On my Compaq-Presario Windows xp laptop PC, I've noticed a shield w/an "!" in yellow, next to my on line ribbon-looking icon.

Those of you whom still have the same program as I, did you notice this too on your PCs!? And if so--what does this mean

My DSIL tells me to stop worrying...although my PC is old, that should it run into any trouble, that her youngest biological son, my nephew (who is very computer savvy) can fix it.

So, what say YOU about such dilemmas!?!

Maranatha!
Tammy

ANOTHER BUMP UP!!!

Yesterday morning, as I logged-off...Windows xp got "another" reprieve Up-Date downloaded!!!

Perhaps that was the reason for me seeing that shield icon w/the yellowed "!", do you suppose!?

Again, I ask you all what this could mean???

Maranatha!
Tammy

P.S. Btw, the above mentioned shield icon is now gone!!!