Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
He Saw Jesus

I had only seen portions of this letter today in a book I am reading. So when I came home I looked up the letter on the internet and found it. It is an actual historic letter written to Tiberius Caesar of Rome from Pontius Pilate. It was his account of the young man Jesus whom Pilate had seen in town. I was so thrilled to read his description. I am posting it because I thought you would be thrilled to see it as I was.

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

LETTER TO TIBERIUS CAESAR FROM PONTIUS PILATE

(The original of this letter is in the library of Rome. An authenticated copy is in the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.)

A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the Name of the God that had sent Him. At first I was apprehensive that His design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day, I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told that his name was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected, so great was the difference between Him and those who were listening to Him. His golden coloured hair and His beard gave to His appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about thirty years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance.

Read more here....
http://www.ensignmessage.com/archives/letter.html

Re: He Saw Jesus

Thanks so much Sue, what a blessing, this is to read what Pontius Pilate wrote about the sweetness of Jesus...Love it...therefore I continue with the rest of it here below, just in case it get's deleted or removed by that site.

I especially liked this description: "His golden coloured hair and His beard gave to His appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about thirty years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance."

" All in all He made a deep impression upon me and everyone because of His kindness, simplicity, humility and love."

God Bless, Valerie

continues....
"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

http://www.ensignmessage.com/archives/letter.html

What a contrast between Him and His hearers with their black beards and tawny complexions. Unwilling to interrupt Him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he read in the words of all the philosophers, anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to Him our protection. He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble, and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews - not the poor but the rich and powerful.

Later, I wrote to Jesus requesting an interview with Him at the Praetorium. He came. When the Nazarene made His appearance I was having a morning walk and as I faced Him my feet seemed fastened with an iron band to the marble pavement and I trembled in every limb, as a guilty culprit, though He was calm. For some time I stood admiring this extraordinary Man. There was nothing in Him that was repelling nor in His character, yet I felt awed in His presence. I told Him that there was a magnetic simplicity about Him and His personality that elevated Him far above the philosophers and teachers of His day. All in all He made a deep impression upon me and everyone because of His kindness, simplicity, humility and love.

Now, Noble Sovereign, these are the facts concerning Jesus of Nazareth and I have taken time to write you in detail concerning these matters. I say that such a man who could convert water into wine, change death into life, disease into health, calm the stormy seas, is not guilty of any criminal offence and as others have said, we must agree truly this is the Son of God!

Your most obedient servant,

PONTIUS PILATE

Valerie & T/Sue,

From my late Mom's Bible's back section on page 9, a further...

A PURPORTED DISCRIPTION OF JESUS CHRIST

This is a purported word picture of our Blessed Lord, written of Him while He was yet on earth, and is on the Civic Records of the Romans, who were in power in the Holy Land at that time, hence quite authentic as a matter of history. This remarkable letter is supposed to have been written to the Roman Senate by Publius Lentulus, then President in Judea, about A.D. 33, and published in the Meadville, Pennsylvania. Republican in 1873.

"There lives at this time in Judea, Jesus Christ, whom the barbarians esteem as a prophet, but His followers love and adore Him as the offspring of the immortal God. He calls the dead from thier graves, and heals all sorts of diseases with a word or a touch. He is a tall man and well shaped, of an amiable and reverend aspect, His hair of a color that can hardly be matched, falling into graceful curls, waving about and very agreeably crouching upon His shoulders, parted on the crown of His head, running as a stream to the front after the manner of the Nazarites. His forehead high, large and imposing; His cheeks a lovely red; nose and mouth formed with exquisite symmetry; His beard thick and of a color suitable to the hair and parting in the middle like a fork; His eyes bright blue, clear and serene; look innocent, dignified, manly and mature; His hands and arms most delectable to behold.

"He rebukes with majesty, counsels with mildness; He whole address, whether with word or deed, being eloquent and grave. No man has seen Him laugh, yet His manners are exceedingly pleasant, but He has wept frequently in the presence of men.

"He is temperate, modest and wise--a man, for His extraordinary beauty and divine perfections--surpassing the children of men in every sense."

Valerie, those photos you posted of Jesus, also matches perfectly His description, that I just now posted.

T/Sue, thank you sooo much for posting Pontius Pilot's description of Jesus too.

to both you both.

Maranatha!
Tammy

It seems so in character for Jesus to meet Pontius Pilate in the morning.

The bible says God walked with Adam in the garden in the cool of the day. some think this is afternoon, but i'm more inclined to think it was morning Genesis 2:6-8. We really don't know how much time expired between verses 6 and 8.

Moses went up the mountain to meet God in the morning Exodus 19 (Moses brought people out of the camp to meet God on the third day in the morning).

Jesus rose early in the morning of the third day, following his death on the cross. Matthew 28:1-6. This was before dawn and he had already risen. An angel met the women.

It would seem fitting that the Lord repeats this pattern and comes for us on the third day in the morning.

Hmmm, the first day of Passover this year is April 15. The second day is April 16. The third day is April 17.

No Valerie, I'm not date setting. But wouldn't it be wonderful if Jesus did return on the third day in the morning this year?

Come back Lord Jesus, are we there yet?

I would be thrilled on any morning that Jesus comes Regina and your idea seems very plausible.

Don't you love these historical descriptions of Jesus? When Tammy's piece said that He had blue eyes it reminded me of Gary Wood's dexcription. When he met Jesus in heaven, Gary said that Jesus had blue eyes. He said that many of King David's descendants had blue eyes and that was a common feature of his family line.

Someday we will see him too and that is the day I live for and look for every waking moment.

Sigh.
With ya Sue
I wonder if Jesus will have flowers on his wedding day

Valerie, T/Sue, & Regina--

In one of my Rapture dreams, as I was standing by the waterfall in His presence...I, like Pontius Pilot, was like totally awestruck being in Jesus' presence.

It was as if the cat had my tongue. I wanted sooo much to say something to Him, instead of just standing there before Him like a complete dummy. B/c He knows everything about my shyness condition, I hoped that He would be the first break the ice between us.

Then in a later dream, I was sitting beside Him. It was then that I stupidly asked Him what He thought of "The Da Vinci Code". Then He burst into laughter, over the ridiculousness of that book. And you know what? As He was laughing, He didn't cause me to start looking for a hole (like those boys in my high school classroom made me feel when our teacher mispronounced my given-name) to crawl into. He delighted in me; making me feel like I had every right to ask Him that question.

I know that when we actually get to meet Him face-to-face inperson...that He'll completely delight in us, His children.

Maranatha!
Tammy

What a delightful dream that must have been! I've never had a Rapture dream, myself.