Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Well, tomorrow is Groundhog Day.

February has begun, and tomorrow is Groundhog Day. What chances do you think that the groundhog in Pennsylvania has of getting it right? =)

Re: Well, tomorrow is Groundhog Day.

Not much, Kathy G., considering the freezing cold temps that they're experiencing back there...

Maranatha!
Tammy

Kathy & Tammy,

I hope the little fella gets it right...and doesn't see his shadow,and stays above ground, so that we'll have early Spring. It's been freezing here lately too, and like Tammy said, the chances don't seem good!

I love Spring, my favorite season of the year!

Well, everyone, it's official. The groundhog has missed his shadow; therefore, we'll be getting an early spring. Now to see whether the weather conditions will prove his forecast right! =)

Yipee, horray, Woohoo!!!

Early Spring, I really hope and pray that little critter is right!

Thanks Kathy!

Valerie & Kathy,

Please DO check out Calvin's Dutchsinse: 2/2/2013 -- 6.9M EQ in N. Japan & Youtube thread!!! For it just may jive with this thread.

Maranatha!
Tammy

Can someone explain to the outsiders what is the go with the groundhog?

It all seems really bizarre.

thanks

LOL! Well, John, there's an old superstition that if a groundhog sees its shadow on February 2nd, that means we're in for 6 more weeks of winter. But if it doesn't, that means spring will come early. Of course, no one really believes this superstition, but it's something to have fun with, and people do.

Here's a Wikipedia article that explains it more fully: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog_Day.

John T.,

No one really takes it seriously, at least I don't. It's just as accurate as flipping a coin. The chances of being right 50/50. I don't believe in it, it's an old folklore and usually,I have a good laugh when I see that rodent on the news report is supposibly trying to predict the weather.

In Canada there is no celebration, it's just a secular thing to take note of, that's about it. If the groundhog, comes out on a cloudy day,on Feb. 2, therefore he doesn't see his shadow, suppose to mean that Spring will arrive early, if this rodent comes out on the sunny day therefore, sees his shadow, suppose to be another 6 weeks of winter. The little critter is just as accurate as some weather reporters on the news, sometimes they get it right, and many times they get it wrong.

Consider creating a nonsensical event for your own town.

The thing in Penn. has spawned a bunch of copycats.

Phil brings in a lot of money to the merchants- it has been noticed and attempted to be duplicated.

I always laugh when groundhog day comes around. So it is good for something.

Valerie
John T.,

No one really takes it seriously, at least I don't. It's just as accurate as flipping a coin. The chances of being right 50/50. I don't believe in it, it's an old folklore and usually,I have a good laugh when I see that rodent on the news report is supposibly trying to predict the weather.

In Canada there is no celebration, it's just a secular thing to take note of, that's about it. If the groundhog, comes out on a cloudy day,on Feb. 2, therefore he doesn't see his shadow, suppose to mean that Spring will arrive early, if this rodent comes out on the sunny day therefore, sees his shadow, suppose to be another 6 weeks of winter. The little critter is just as accurate as some weather reporters on the news, sometimes they get it right, and many times they get it wrong.

Valerie,

I totally agree w/U 100% re: this ridiculous so-called Ground Hog Day thing, b/c let's get real here...and that is--Ground Hogs don't talk. So how does one know what its thinking Right!?!

Maranatha!
Tammy

LOL! It doesn't even have to talk. All it has to do is see or miss its shadow, and that tells us everything we need to know! (Supposedly!)

I live in Pa.I hope we have an early Spring except for the poland.I think I would prefer cold over that but as long as we don't get any snow I will be happy.

Well Pa. did really good for the second year in a row regarding the snow. It went to the right and left but did not really hit us. I work outside and I am so relieved.

Last Summer when it was over 100 degrees I never complained because I would say,"It could be snow."

I feel we are having an early Spring. It seems to want to come as compared to some years where there were many snowstorms in March all over the Country. It is too hot for the snow to even lay over here.

I guess what I am trying to say is Spring seems more willing to come this year. Almost everybody loves the Spring.

Let it be zero degrees,fifty degrees or one hundred degrees but no snow even if Bing Crosby wants a white Christmas.

Although Spring has sprung, according to the calendar, winter has dragged on here; sigh!

We're suppose to have Spring like low double digit weather this weekend, so they say. I can't wait, I love, love, love, love Spring! Favourite Season of the whole year, as long as the weather acts like it.

Instead of death for that little critter, string that little sucker up by it's tail and beat his little bottom with a wooden spoon, until he yells uncle; yea right, Early Spring, my foot. LOL!!!

Can't wait, hope this weekend we'll get a taste of the real thing.

LOL! It's almost Groundhog Day again, and this time, Groundhog Day and Super Bowl Sunday are both going to be on the same day! Isn't that something? =)

Too bad we don't have a professional football team called the Groundhogs. That would be a most appropriate name, I'm thinking, for tomorrow.

Kathy,

Yes it is strange isn't it, Super Bowl and Groundhog Day together on the same day this year. That little critter better watch out when he comes out of his hole, because someone might mistake him for a football, and kick his little behind...up, up and away, touch down. He'd probably run so fast, that nobody, would be able to see his shadow. LOL!!! Ok, this is just a joke, I don't believe in hurting animals, they are God's creatures too. A little humor, is good for the soul.

I just hope that nothing out of the ordinary happens tomorrow, as far as the Super Bowl Game is considered. All is well that ends well. Now as far as the groundhog is considered, if he predicts a longer winter, I say let him shovel the snow for the rest of the winter, and freeze his little buns off, doing it.

Please Lord an early Spring, I just about had enough of this dreadful winter weather.

Ahh, Spring, beautiful, awakening of nature, and man.

Valerie

Did you ever have one of THOSE days? I opened this post and started reading and then wondered if I had gone cookoo because you all were reporting on the Groundhog not seeing his shadow, early spring, February 2nd, etc. I looked at the calendar above my computer twice to be sure that this is Saturday, February 1st. THEN I noticed that the post said February 2, 2013. What a relief, I'm NOT LOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG it!

So that makes Sunday, Feb 2, 2014 Groundhog day and a very cold one at that. We have snow and ice in the forecast for tomorrow in North Texas. It should be short-lived though as Monday's high temp is predicted to be 47 degrees. I haven't looked at Pennsylvania's weather forecast but I bet it is going to be a mighty cold day to venture out to check on the rodent's shadow episode!

Not to mention a pretty cold day for the Super Bowl!

Texas Sue, that's so funny; no you're not losing it, Kathy just bumped up last years groundhog day post to the top!!! Yes it is today, Feb. 2, 2014.

Wiarton Willie says six more weeks of winter

WIARTON, - It's Groundhog Day, and the long range forecast is in from Canada's woodchuck weathermen.

Ontario's Wiarton Willie emerged from his cozy den this morning and immediately spotted his shadow, which according to groundhog folklore means Canadians can expect six more weeks of what has already been a long, cold, snowy winter.

A little earlier Nova Scotia's Shubenacadie Sam waddled out into the morning light, but unlike Willie, he did not see his shadow — indicating warmer days are just ahead.

As for America's rodent royalty, Pennsylvania's Punxsutawney Phil — the most famous groundhog of them all — he did see his shadow this morning, heralding another month and a half of Old Man winter.

However, regardless of what the groundhogs may be trying to tell us, Environment Canada is predicting the frigid temperatures that have gripped much of the country for the past two months will likely persist right through February.

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/wiarton-willie-says-six-more-weeks-of-winter

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

No surprise I suppose but very unwelcome news! Perhaps February won't be as severe as December and January have been.

Well, another Groundhog Day has arrived. The last one before the Rapture, perhaps?

Here's a video for last year's Groundhog Day--Super Groundhog Day, it was called! =)

And now, here's a video for this morning's groundhog prediction.

Well, as of now, it's 2018, and Groundhog Day is tomorrow. Think old Phil will see his shadow tomorrow morning? =)

no shadows! Spring Spring Spring Spring Spring...

*******2016 for demonstration purposes :smiley: *******

Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes

Well, it's official--six more weeks of winter! [evil grin]

(Of course, we knew it was going to be, anyway!)

Hmm, will the groundhog see his shadow? Guess we'll find out tomorrow! =)

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

Well, today is Groundhog Day, so let's find out! =)

LIVE: Punxsutawney Phil Makes 2022 Groundhog Day Prediction | NBC News

Streamed live 61 minutes ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMC6l7HWC00

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

And, with that said... =)

Happy Groundhog Day!

As we await this year’s prediction from Punxsutawney Phil, ABC News’ Will Ganss digs into the real data behind this amateur weather predictor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GbkOk_ijs