Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"the end of Judaism in Egypt"

"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

Another sign of the seriousness of the times we are in, this from Egypt...
"Security reasons" are used to control what is allowed to happen. Instead of providing security for a peaceful meeting, security is given for the ones who would bring violence. We are in the days when evil is called good and good is called evil. Come back Lord Jesus.

the end of Judaism in Egypt

Egypt shul to stay empty on Yom Kippur

For first time in years, last active synagogue in Alexandria will likely not open for prayer services on High Holidays due to security concerns. 'This means the end of Judaism in Egypt,' says Jewish organization chairperson

Roi Kais Published: 09.04.12, 14:04 / Israel Jewish Scene

For the first time in years, it appears that Alexandria's ancient Eliyahu Hanavi Synagogue will not open for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur prayer services. The magnificent building, erected in the 19th century, is considered the last active synagogue in Egypt.

According to reports, the Egyptians have decided not to allow the prayer this year for security reasons.

Move reflects shift in official media since overthrow of Hosni Mubarak, subsequent rise of Islamists

The decision was delivered to Rabbi Avraham Dayan, an Israeli of Egyptian descent and the former rabbi of Alexandria, who every year organizes a quorum of volunteers from Israel and other countries to pray at the ancient synagogue on the High Holidays.

Rabbi Dayan told Ynet, "We are trying to organize a quorum, but because of the security-related situation we're not really succeeding. We are still in touch with the Egyptian security organizations and are trying to make some progress…

"This year there have been some violent demonstrations in Alexandria, and they're afraid to take responsibility over people."

Alexandria's synagogues

According to the rabbi, the decision to prevent the quorum has nothing to do with the Muslim Brotherhood's rise to power in Egypt. He said he had spoken to the leader of the Jewish community in Alexandria, who expressed his fear that worshippers would be targeted.

"Of course I'm disappointed," said Rabbi Dayan. "Everything was ready, and now we're forced to cancel. But we are preparing for any change, and if that happens – we'll leave for the synagogue."

'Mubarak era was different'

According to Levana Zamir, president of the Israel-Egypt Friendship Association, "Rabbi Dayan holds a quorum at the synagogue every year. There used to be a quorum of Jewish men in the city in the past, but there are fewer people in recent years so they had to bring some 'reinforcement' from Israel.

"The volunteers would stay in Alexandria 10 days, and the flights would be funded by the Joint. I personally supplied Rabbi Dayan with people from the community who were ready to come. It's not that pleasant to leave one's family for 10 days, but there are those who care and were willing to do it."

Zamir believes there is a connection between the new government and the failure to hold a quorum in Alexandria this year. "When they don't want something to take place, they mention security reasons," she claims.

"This will be the first time that this synagogue will not host Rosh Hashana prayers, and this means the end of Judaism there.

"The building's architecture is amazing. It was built there instead of a synagogue from the Hellenistic period. A year and a half ago it was supposed to be renovated with American funds, but the process was halted immediately after (former Egyptian President Hosni) Mubarak was toppled. There were restrictions in Mubarak's era as well, but not like this."