Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Jesus portrait I finally found

Guess what, fellow RFTHees, I finally found & recovered after much searching?

I finally found my 8x10 color portrait of Jesus behind my oldest nephew's baby picture!

So, last night, while watching After the Catch IV (that follows Deadliest Catch), I took out both pictures...putting Jesus' photo back in His right spot in the front in the frame, and sticking my nephew's baby picture behind Him.

Don't get me wrong! I do dearly love my nephew, but I love Jesus MUCH MUCH more.

Anyhoo, I placed Jesus' portrait on shelf where He can be easily seen by all. His portrait, btw--looks alot like your avatar picture, Valerie.

Maranatha!
Tammy

Re: My Jesus portrait I finally found

Tammy, Sis,

You're so precious to the Lord! I'm happy to hear your good news! I too have this picture of Jesus on the avatar I use, hanging on my wall in my bedroom.

It's one of the Lord, that I have love to look at, since I first laid my eyes on it.

Therefore, I know how you feel about the picture you found. However, it's not the picture, but whom the picture represents and the person we most love in our lives! Soon, we'll see the Lord face to face, and we won't need pictures any longer, for we will be with the Lord forevermore!

Blessings & Love in Jesus, Valerie

Valerie,

You're sooo totally right on, dear sis. It's not necessarily the picture itself, but more about for who it represents...our dear precious Lord, who we love more than life itself.

Jesus' portrait, if I say so myself, literally lights up my whole little place in such an extra ordinary way. He, like that lyrical line from singer Debby Boone's song--"You Light Up My Life" implies...

So many nights I'd sit by my window
Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now you've come along

CHORUS:
And you light up my life
You give me hope to carry on
You light up my days and fill my nights with song

Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water
Could it be finally I'm turnin' for home?
Finally a chance to say--"Hey, I love you"
Never again to be all alone

CHORUS:

'cause you, you light up my life
You give me hope to carry on
You light up my days and fill my nights with song

It can't be wrong
When it feels so right
'cause you...you light up my life

Maranatha!
Tammy

I recently ran across a minister saying that having pictures of Jesus is not correct. He mentioned this Exodus passage. How do you guys feel about this? I never really thought about it before.

Exodus 20:4-5
King James Version (KJV)

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

This is the key part of verses 4-5: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them. The commandment is a prohibition against idol worship. Tammy is not worshipping a picture; she worships Jesus. So if this minister is saying that we should not have pictures of Jesus, then he is greatly mistaken.

I agree with you Kathy, a picture of Jesus is not a graven image, for we don't worship the picture.
We worship Jesus not a painting or picture of the Lord. Therefore we do not worship the object, we worship the Lord our God.

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

Here's further discriptions of graven image...idol

Webster Dictionary:
definition of "graven image":
an object of worship carved usually from wood or stone : idol

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/graven%20image

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

graven image
n : a material effigy that is worshipped as a god; "thou shalt
not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"
[syn: idol, god]

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Graven Grav"en, p. p. of Grave, v. t.
Carved.

Graven image, an idol; an object of worship carved from
wood, stone, etc. ``Thou shalt not make unto thee any
graven image.'' --Ex. xx. 4.

Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

Graven image
Deut. 27:15; Ps. 97:7 (Heb. pesel), refers to the household gods
of idolaters. "Every nation and city had its own gods...Yet
every family had its separate household or tutelary god."

http://dictionary.die.net/graven%20image

Blessings,

Valerie

Thank YOU, Valerie & Kathy G., for defending me having Jesus' portrait on display. It's true, I worship Jesus, not his picture.

And furthermore--He knows what's in our hearts, doesn't He, Val (since you too, have a picture of Him hanging on your wall too).

Maranatha!
Tammy