Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jesus Mocked with Joke Products

The downtown square businesses had an "open house" promotion today with a fashion show on the courthouse lawn and stores with % off on items, etc. I went along for a leisurely time of window shopping with my sister and a friend. When we went into a newer candy store on the square, I was looking around while they picked out some candy. There was a "Jesus Shaves" mug

http://www.perpetualkid.com/jesus-shaves-mug.aspx
(Fair use for information and discussion purposes)

and a Jesus bobblehead doll, and a Last Supper candy bar displayed with all the other goofy stuff on the shelves.

I was surprised to say the least and as I thought more about it, decided it was wrong not to speak up and say something about it. My sister was paying for her items at the counter and I asked the lady helping her who the owners were. Turns out it was her and her husband. I told her that I thought it was very wrong to have these joke items about Jesus in the store, that it was insulting and offensive and that I was personally offended. She just shrugged her shoulders and said they were just stock items like other items. I then told her that I would never spend a dime in that store and would not be back. She didn't seem to be bothered at all. I waited outside then for the rest of my group.

After thinking about it I realized I blew a really good opportunity to share the gospel with her. Jesus is not a joke item, but she certainly didn't seem to have any idea what she had done or to understand why it was offensive. Please pray with me for this lady and her husband to have a saving encounter with the REAL JESUS! I am so sorry now that I didn't take the time to tell her that Jesus loved her enough to die in her place, but instead got fizzed up and angry over such flippancy.

Re: Jesus Mocked with Joke Products

A couple of years back, some friends and I went to the midnight movies... before the show, they were playing games and handing out door prizes. One of the prizes was a Jesus Play Set. The winning ticket #? 000666. No kidding.

Texas Sue & kg2
I think the trouble is Sue, that not many Christian speak up, that it is offensive to display and sell products that are mocking our Lord and Savior! We should be outraged when we see things like that displayed for sell, and should make out voices heard!

I remember many years back, when the movie came out "The Last Temptation of Christ", when I found out how offensive it was to me as a Christian, I took up a petition against the movie and asked Christian's to sign it and avoid seeing it. Yet there were a few, whom took exception to it, and even said they would go and see it and didn't sign the petition, which I sent to the newspaper, where I had clipped the petition forum.

To my disappointment, I didn't realize, how some Christians are so passive, and just couldn't care less!

Sue I just don't believe you were to witness to her at that very moment...Jesus loves you and yours!

Blessings in Christ!

Valerie

Valerie, I appreciate your opinion about this incident. Perhaps she would not have been open to a salvation invitation at that time. Really hoping that she will think about this though and come to the Lord. Praying for the Holy Spirit to draw her to Jesus.

Texas Sue, please don't blame yourself for getting angry and what you said to that woman. that would have been my first reaction too.

Jack Van Impe seems to get angry about things like that too. "righteous anger" isn't that what it is called? It's OK. It happens. It really shows that you are a wonderful Christian and can't tolerate your God being mocked. I'd say good for you.

Valerie, what you did was wonderful too. we should not let Jesus get mocked and ridiculed.

I get really angry when I hear both God & His Son, Jesus' name(s) being used as swear words...in the same derogatory manner as those demeaning 4-letter words.

I don't hesitate giving them a piece of my mind...for which I also remind them Jesus loved them so much that He gave His life for even them too, etc. Then I tell them to please think twice before they start to God's & Jesus' names in vain. And to PLEASE stop using Their names as swear words--PERIOD!!! For it makes me feel uncomfortably offended, b/c I love the Father & His Son sooo very much.

I know that you all know where hence I'm coming from, don't you!?

Maranatha!
Tammy

Tammy, I know where you're coming from. I feel the same.