Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
YouTube: WHY PEOPLE CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE WHEN THEY READ IT
Re: YouTube: WHY PEOPLE CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE WHEN THEY READ IT

Thanks Calvin

Before I comment I would like to say that I am not trying to criticize anyones preffered version of the bible.

I prefer the KJV but I have had revelation out of other versions of the bible. The Holy spirit can give insight through many ways. It is just that there is something different about the KJV.

This video is a great insight for me. I have often wondered why people I know rail and complain that they can't understand the KJV when it generally seems pretty clear.

I have noticed this in group bible studies. People will have every Tom, Dick and Harry version of the bible but only comment and moan about the King James like all problems would be solved if we just got rid of it.

Then often in the same meeting people will say "I love how that verse sounds in the KJV". What! I am constantly amazed and happy how our Lord Jesus works in this regard.

The other interesting thing I have found in group bible studies is that sometimes when I read the KJV to a group that has anti KJV people, certain verses that I have previously not had a problem reading suddenly become gobbledygook when I try to read them out aloud. Then later when everyone goes home it is as clear as crystal again.

Has anyone else had experiences like this?

I hope this is helpful to everyone.

Re: YouTube: WHY PEOPLE CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE WHEN THEY READ IT

John:

Yes, I'm glad you brought that out.

I started out with a King James Version and REALLY
like it and when I look up or remember a scripture it's
probably the KJV version of it.

But, I have used the NIV for years because it is in the
One Year Bible and I REALLY like it.

To me, the Holy Spirit is the One Who explains or uses
His "TRUTH" to put into one's heart. AND, to me, it is
like drinking a chocolate milk shake through a large
diameter straw or small diameter straw. Maybe I can
"receive" better if I "understand" better.

My prophecy partner has used the NIV version for years
and I haven't heard her complain about it at all and she
is really into looking into scripture.

THANKS!!!

Calvin