Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new bible translation

Here is a link to a CNN video about a new bible translation. The translators think it will help people connect better with the bible...

"fair use for education and discussion purposes"
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/bestoftv/2012/04/17/sot-nr-the-voice-bible.cnn

Re: new bible translation

Regina, I for one wouldn't read this Bible...doesn't it state in scripture, if we add words or subtract to them, there is a curse upon those that do. I believe it is stated in Revelation.

I think I'll stick to the KJV and the NASV...Christ means Messiah, and that is Jesus' title, Jesus is our Lord and Messiah. I'm sure people have dictionaries and for those who don't know what the word Christ means, and look it up.

Don't like this idea at all...Just another way to take away from the Bible what rightfully belongs to Jesus!

God help these people...some do more harm than others.

What a world we live in, it's too much to take in at times. I'm sure glad my parents are with the Lord, they would certainly not approve of many things being done today, masked as good, when in fact it's the opposite.

Lord Jesus, come quickly,

Valerie

I've read The New International Version, myself. And The Living Bible; that paraphrase is the version I grew up reading as a teenager, via a teenage edition known as The Way. And the New Testament version of The Good News Bible, known as "Good News for Modern Man." I just can't get into the King James Version; I've never been able to. It's written in a form of English that nobody speaks or writes anymore. Too many thees and thous for me! As for this new translation that CNN is talking about--well, I've never seen it, and I'm kind of leery of reading it.

"Fair Use For Information and Discussion Purposes"
"For Your Discernment"

The first bible I had was Good News for Modern Man, and also saw The Way. King James is easier for me to remember verses; Youngs Literal Translation is where I like to look to do comparisons or interlinear.
When a new version comes out, the question arises "Why?"

We are not to take away from what is taught, and in Galatians 1:8 are told to reject any gospel other than what the disciples taught, even if an angel from heaven appears teaching

There is great deception coming and is already here, creeping in unawares
Gal2:4 and Jude1:4
Valerie, Kathy and all, Whoever reads this new version, I hope they compare it to the older versions for accuracy or to the Greek or Hebrew which is available online at a site such as Biblos.

The Word of God is so precious. Words to us from the maker of all, passed to us through his servants. Companies like Microsoft or gaming companies value those who can write code. How much more valuable are words from the maker of the universe
Search engines don't even begin to compare to how God's word searches the heart of man.
Be careful people with new translations not to change or eliminate what God has intended.

Jack Van Impe around 4-5 weeks ago was really blasting couple of major printing companies (for Bibles) taking out Jesus and putting Mahdi and other words in there places..

I think this shows how bad our nation and the mind set is for the liberals these days. Apostasy

I'd suggest for the casual reader not understanding much to get the KJV just to have a reference to see if it's close on certain important issues..

I like my Greek translator to really give a clearer meaning to what the author was trying to tell us..

Here's a good example.. Read Zec.5.. It talks about a woman in a basket.. Look at the commetary as well to show my point of people even 60 years ago not having clue what this means.

Now, the Greek word is "ASHE" which has 3 different meanings in the KJV..

woman
fire
when

So what is the actual meaning here.. In Exodus it means "FIRE" when they were doing their sacrificing.

Ok, if we put "FIRE" here, now reading the whole chapter it makes more sense.. I'll para-phrase to show what Zecariah was trying to show.

He sees a cylinder v1 that's 35 feet long and it flys.

Today knowing what he did not back then, we know about planes and missles.

He sees this fire being placed in a container about the size of 1/2 bushel basket.

Then he sees 75lbs. of lead being placed on this firey object.

To me this showing exactly what we know today being a nuclear device with lead for protection.

Finishing the chapter you read where this object is being placed upon it's own pad, (nuclear missle) in the land of Shinar or Iran..

Joseph

Yes! Joseph, thank you for this very good example of how important translation is
The prophet saw missles in our age and didn't have the word for it so he described it in the terms of the time

Re: *another new* bible translation

"For Your Discernment"
"Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes"

And here is yet another one. This time it reminds me of Chrislam. In this book, Jesus predicts the coming of the prophet Mohammad. The day is coming when those who wrote this book and those who believe it will have to bow the knee and confess
>>>*Jesus is Lord*<<<
a lost "gospel" found

There will be no eternal peace upon them until and unless they accept Jesus, the Son of God.

Re: *another new* bible translation

Yeah, that's what Jack has talked about before also about their belief that Jesus will be Mahdis right hand man, and bring judgment against Christians and anyone not becoming Islamists..

With finger in mouth, gag, gag

Joseph