Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question for the group

Dear RFTH family,

Somebody quoted this verse and used it to back up the claim that we can't really tell the timing of the second coming and the rapture. This verse is about the restoration of Israel, right? It has nothing to do with the rapture or second coming.

In Acts 1 we read: 6 So when they met together, they asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

It also says in the Bible that Jesus will come back at an hour we think not. That means the rapture will not happen at any feast day or days that we really are looking into.

Can someone explain this? I also need some encouragement. I don't know how much longer we have to wait. I am very anxious about a lot of things and am having a hard time hanging in there at times.

God bless you all

Re: question for the group

I’m certainly no expert, but I have been reading the prophetic scriptures for years, study biblical eschatology, and glean today’s headlines through the prism of prophecy, so naturally I have some thoughts on your post.

The verse you asked about is not about the rapture or His second coming, but rather more a question to Jesus if He was there to restore Israel to its former greatness in their present time.

With respect to the rapture or His second coming (two separate events), you’re right Heidi—no one knows the hour or the day (Mark 13:32, Matt 24:36)… BUT!... “you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day should overtake you like a thief…” (I Thess 5:16). Everyone knows “He’s coming like a thief in the night.”, but most seem to miss I Thess 5:16. You should really read I Thess 4: 13-18, 5:1-11 to see for yourself the full context. In fact, that very set of verses directly responds to your comment: “I also need some encouragement”. I Thess 5:11 says “Therefore encourage one another, and build up one another, just as you also are doing.” God knew way back then that we would need encouragement from one another in these times.

Yes, Heidi, we do not know the hour, but we can know the season. “Now learn the parable of the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender, and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; even so you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door.” Matt 24:32-33. Some interpret the fig tree as Israel becoming a nation again. Others compare the blooming of the fig tree as other prophetic events concerning the end times. No matter your interpretation, the fig tree is definitely blooming! Come Lord Jesus! Come!

At the same time, I totally know where you’re coming from, and know how you feel, Heidi. Almost every day, as I walk into the office, I pray that God would send his Son back before I take my next step or next breath. I’ve been praying that for a while now. I’ve been watching for Him for years and years. When I see so much prophecy already fulfilled, while at the same time observe how much unchecked evil there is in the world, I have often asked God how much worse does it have to get? How much more sinful must we as fallen people become before God says “Ok! That’s it! Get down there, Jesus!”

I don’t want to wait another second for Jesus to come back, let alone another year, or even years. Oooh! I cringe to think it could be that long. But the only way we can think He is not coming back, and I mean REAL soon, is to deny God’s word and all the signs of the times. Frankly, I think He’s coming back this year. Of course, I’ve been wrong before. But even if he doesn’t come back during my time on earth, all that means is I’ll be going to Him. But still, I’d much rather have the following conversation with someone in Heaven...
“So, how did you die?”
“I got hit by a bus. You?”
“I GOT OUT ALIVE, MAN! JESUS CAME DOWN, CALLED US UP, WENT FLYING UP TO HIM LIKE SUPERMAN! IT WAS AWESOME!”

HA! Be encouraged, Heidi! You are in good company with your thoughts, feelings, and anxiousness.

Hi Heidi, I can only offer my understanding. I'm not a bible scholar or pastor, but here goes...

Those disciples had enough of a time just imagining that the temple would be destroyed, not one stone standing on another left. If God had told them that the Jewish people wouldn't regain control of Jerusalem again until 1967, how might that have affected the faith and hope of generations.They could not have imagined dispersion and holocaust. Who could. Its not for them to know times and seasons that are in the Father's hands. They had enough on their plate to spread the gospel. They went around saying that the Son of God and Son of Man had arrived, died for sin, and risen from the grave. People are still scratching their heads over that and the bible has been studied backwards and forwards ever since the resurrection, trying to understand.

The Lord can come on anyday that the Father says. It doesn't matter if its a feast day or not. God already knows the day. Even if someone was looking for Jesus on that day, that is not a show stopper. We are commanded to watch, and it is written blessed is the person who is found doing what they are supposed to be doing when the master returns.

Our time is in YHWH's hands Heidi. Its ok. Look for the Lord's coming with anticipation, longing, joy like you would waiting for your bridegroom to show up and take you to the chapel. Any day He comes will be a day of celebration. Personally, I don't think God will reveal His best kept secret to Satan, governments or anyone opposed to Him. That moment will happen quickly, suddenly, in the twinkling of an eye. God bless you

heidi
Dear RFTH family,

Somebody quoted this verse and used it to back up the claim that we can't really tell the timing of the second coming and the rapture. This verse is about the restoration of Israel, right? It has nothing to do with the rapture or second coming.

In Acts 1 we read: 6 So when they met together, they asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

It also says in the Bible that Jesus will come back at an hour we think not. That means the rapture will not happen at any feast day or days that we really are looking into.

Can someone explain this? I also need some encouragement. I don't know how much longer we have to wait. I am very anxious about a lot of things and am having a hard time hanging in there at times.

God bless you all

Heidi,

What wonderful answers were given by both Brady & Regina.

I agree with Brady, that the scripture was directed to the Jewish people at that time, because it was not yet time for Jesus to restore Israel, and set His kingdom on Earth. He spoke truthfully, that it wasn't up to them to know when God the Father along with His authority was to complete this task, it all had to do with His perfect timing, which was still in the future.

The Jewish people did not recognize the true purpose of Jesus first coming to Earth was to die on the cross for the sins of the world. They believed that their Messiah would free them, from oppression, and do battle for them instead! This is the main reason they rejected Him.

They were looking for a Messiah that would rule and reign as their King on Earth and not die on a cross. Little did they realize that Jesus was coming back a Second time, to set up His kingdom on Earth to rule and reign from Jerusalem. That one day His feet would touch the Mt of Olives and split in two, and do battle for His chosen people at Armageddon.

The apostles, disciples. followers of Christ, knew better, although they too were shocked, when Jesus was crucified. But their fears were dispursed when they met Jesus after His resurrection. Then even doubting Thomas believed Jesus was and is the Messiah.

We are commanded to watch by Jesus, therefore, that is exactly what we should be doing.
Yes we do know the Season of His coming is at hand, by so many biblical prophecy coming to past in our lifetime. Therefore, we know without a doubt Jesus' coming is very near and at the door. We don't know the day or hour, but even the Lord said, we would know when it is near.

We all get discouraged, it's only human to do so! But, because their is a spiritual side to us as well, our Spirit within testifies and confirms our belief in the promises of Jesus. Jesus, said, He was going to prepare a place for us, where He is, and that He would return and take us there. The Lord's word is truthful, and better than gold or diamonds..it's solid.

God doesn't lie Heidi, people do! God has always kept His promises, so you have nothing to fear, that God won't come through, because He will, always has, and always will. He is faithful, and you can count on Him, more than on any person here on Earth.

The signs that Jesus spoke about are all here! The tribulation is at hand, therefore, we know, that we know, that the Rapture is imminent...no doubt about it.

I for one believe the Rapture will take place this year. That is my hope and prayer, that this is our year of redemption for our body, and that we'll finally go home with the Lord via the Rapture.

The more news reports that line up with prophecy in the scripture, confirm to me daily, how very close we are now. Closer than ever before!!! The SEASON IS NOW...THE RAPTURE IS AT HAND, FOR THE LORD WILL SHOUT COME UP HERE...IT WILL COME TO PASS ANY DAY, ANY TIME, WHEN WE ARE NOT EXPECTING IT TO HAPPEN...MAYBE EVEN TONIGHT WHEN WE LAY OUR HEADS DOWN TO SLEEP..WE WILL BE WITH THE LORD, BEFORE, THE MORNING SUN RISES!!!

CAPS ARE FOR EMPHASIS ONLY!!!

MARANATHA!

Valerie

Regina, thank you so much for your response to my question. These were my thoughts too about the explanation of "it is not for you to know the times or the seasons.." thank you for the encouragement.

Brady

The verse you asked about is not about the rapture or His second coming, but rather more a question to Jesus if He was there to restore Israel to its former greatness in their present time.

With respect to the rapture or His second coming (two separate events), you’re right Heidi—no one knows the hour or the day (Mark 13:32, Matt 24:36)… BUT!... “you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day should overtake you like a thief…” (I Thess 5:16). Everyone knows “He’s coming like a thief in the night.”, but most seem to miss I Thess 5:16. You should really read I Thess 4: 13-18, 5:1-11 to see for yourself the full context. In fact, that very set of verses directly responds to your comment: “I also need some encouragement”. I Thess 5:11 says “Therefore encourage one another, and build up one another, just as you also are doing.” God knew way back then that we would need encouragement from one another in these times."

But I’d much rather have the following conversation with someone in Heaven...
“So, how did you die?”
“I got hit by a bus. You?”
“I GOT OUT ALIVE, MAN! JESUS CAME DOWN, CALLED US UP, WENT FLYING UP TO HIM LIKE SUPERMAN! IT WAS AWESOME!”

Brady, thank you for the lovely response. I really was encouraged by what you said and I was laughing really hard at the conversation you would rather have"

I was watching a video about hell a few days ago. A woman was in an ambulance fighting for her life and I guess she was in hell for a few minutes,.... I could not continue watching it. anyway, it got me thinking that I don't want to have some freak accident and be in such a shape when I die, I would also rather be telling people: "oh, man I had the time of my life..."

Valerie, thank you so much for the information and encouragement. I loved the all caps, will make things stick in my head more.

thank you so much Regina, Brady and Valerie.