Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Does It Mean

The Bible says that we are REDEEMED by the blood of the Lamb.

Fair use for information and discussion purposes

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary

re·deem
   [ri-deem] Show IPA

verb (used with object)
to buy or pay off; clear by payment: to redeem a mortgage.

to buy back, as after a tax sale or a mortgage foreclosure.

to recover (something pledged or mortgaged) by payment or other satisfaction: to redeem a pawned watch.

to exchange (bonds, trading stamps, etc.) for money or goods.

to convert (paper money) into specie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1375–1425; late Middle English redemen < Middle French redimer < Latin redimere, equivalent to red- red- + -imere, combining form of emere to purchase ( compare emptor, ransom)

Related forms
pre·re·deem, verb (used with object)

un·re·deemed, adjective

Synonyms
1-3. repurchase. Redeem, ransom both mean to buy back. Redeem is wider in its application than ransom, and means to buy back, regain possession of, or exchange for money, goods, etc.: to redeem one's property. To ransom is to redeem a person from captivity by paying a stipulated price, or to redeem from sin by sacrifice: to ransom a kidnapped child. 8, 9. free, liberate, rescue, save.

Antonyms (opposite meaning)
1. abandon.

How wonderful to know that Jesus paid the price for us, to buy us back out of slavery and a sure death sentence. Also to know that to be redeemed, bought back, means we can never be abandoned, left, lost. Praise the NAME of JESUS and Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift.

Re: What Does It Mean

Texas Sue,

We are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus!

He never abandoned us, instead He sent the Holy Spirit the Comforter, to teach and guide us in all things of God.

Very soon now, Jesus is coming at the Rapture to
redeem our bodies from death and corruption!
We will be changed in a twinkle of an eye, and our bodies will be made liken unto the Lord's incorruptible!

Praising the Lord our God with you, in thanks and gratitude, for His most awesome and generous gift to whomosoever will come, through Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son.

Thanks be to God!

Blessings in Christ,

Valerie

"Redeemed" is one of my favorite hymns. "To God be the Glory" is another. Fanny Crosby composed that one, too.

Kathy G., and here are Fanny Crosby & Robert Lowry's (wonder if Gaither Gospel Singer, Mark Lowry could be a descendant of his?) lyrics to--"To God Be The Glory", and Music by W. Howard Duane...

To God be the glory, great things He has done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement of sin,
And opened the lifegate that all may go in.

Refrain
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.

O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.

Refrain

Great things He has taught us, great things He has done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.

Refrain

Hymn is based on: John 3:16,17; John 14:6; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52, 53; and Luke 23:42,43.

+++++

Still yet, ANOTHER Rapture-type song/or beautiful hymn.

Maranatha!
Tammy