Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is this Elvis Presley song appropriate to sing to Jesus???

It's titled--"Can't Help Falling In Love, words & music by: George Weiss, Hugo Peretti, & Luigi Creatore. Here are the lyrics...

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too

++++

I often find myself often starting to sing this song to Jesus, while at the same time wondering if it's OK to sing it to Him. Would He mind if I sang it to Him...especially since certain lines in this song are telling Him that you're telling Him that you love Him, and am willing to turn your whole life over to Him.

Please do tell me what you think, OK!? Thank you.

Maranatha!
Tammy

Re: Is this Elvis Presley song appropriate to sing to Jesus???

Sure you can.. I ad lib a few songs myself..

Folsum Prision Blues for one.. I ad lib it like this

The original:
"I hear a train a coming, rollin around the bend..."

Ok, my ad lib:

I heard the trumpet sound, now my feet are leavin the ground, as I'm sailin thru the air, and so on....."

Another made up adlib that I do is in A minor, never the same words though.. LOL . I guess I should write it down and remember, but i'm old and lazy..

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, LOL... I'm getting old, forgot the last words that mean "Praise the Lord" in Hebrew..

Yes, I do that all the time...

Joseph

I think this is fine. I have found from personal experience that often the Holy Spirit will reveal to us many secular songs that have been written for Jesus' bride but used or hidden so that those without ears will not hear.

Tammy, It's absolute fine, Jesus understands, and he loves the fact you're singing to Him!

Tammy, that was the exact song which was on the radio, the day I had my vision of the Lord's face in the clouds. I had forgotten the name, and you brought it back to mind. Thanks so much!!! I too was singing it beforehand. It's the beautiful love song I was speaking about but could remember the name.

Blessings in Jesus,

Valerie

Thank you, Valerie, RJ, & John, for giving me both your s up to sing this song to Jesus.

I will continue singing it to Him, b/c I have fallen heads-over-heels in love with Him.

Even Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life" too is another secular love song to Him as well.

I U JESUS!!!

Tammy

Here's Debby Boone's song, words & lyrics by Joe Brooks--"You Light Up My Life" lyrics...

So many nights I'd sit by my window
Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now you've come along

CHORUS
And you light up my life
You give me hope to carry on
You light up my days and fill my nights with song

Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water
Put it behind me, I'm turnin' for home?
Finally a chance to say--"Hey, I love you"
Never again to be all alone

CHORUS
Because you, you light up my life
You give me hope to carry on
You light up my days and fill my nights with song

It can't be wrong
When it feels so right
Cause you...you light up my life.

+++++

Because Jesus DOES light up our lives, and fill our nights with song, doesn' He?

Maranatha!
Tammy