Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Patriarchs and the Plan of God

When reading the accounts of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, there are parallels to God’s overall plan found within those stories. M.R. DeHaan penned a book, Portraits of Christ in Genesis in 1966 that covers many of these details. Chuck Missler has presented the story of Isaac in similar fashion detailing the parallels to Jesus. The point is that Genesis lays the foundation of understanding God’s plan and there seems to be a more complete picture in view that seems to have been missed. But let us first look at the story of Isaac.

Isaac’s birth is said to have been an impossibility. Some years later, Abraham is told to take his only son and sacrifice him on Mount Moriah (the highest part of Moriah north of the Temple Mount is actually Golgotha at 777 meters above sea level). Just before Isaac is ready to give a willing sacrifice, an angel stops Abraham and a ram is offered instead. Abraham calls the place, “in the mount of the Lord it shall be seen” and indeed it later would be seen fulfilled by the Messiah in the same place. But Isaac is not mentioned again until he receives his bride, Rebekah (meaning “to tie”). However, Sarah (meaning “princess”) dies during this in between time of Isaac’s “absence” between the sacrifice and wedding. It is during this time that Abraham commissions his servant (Eleazar means helper) to go get a bride for his son. The servant goes to a far country and Rebekah agrees on faith to marry a man she has not seen. The servant brings Rebekah to Isaac, who is seen coming to greet her. This story so eloquently tells the story of Jesus and his first coming until he returns. Isaac represents Jesus and Sarah represents Israel. Jesus also mourns the loss of Israel, but rejoices when his servant (the Holy Spirit) brings him his bride (the Church). But the analogies do not stop there.

As we consider the importance of the Isaac story parallels, there are other parallels that are given in Scripture that expand the overall story. The other parallels are made by Paul through the inspiration of the Spirit. The first parallel is Ishmael and Isaac. In Galatians 4:22-24, Ishmael is said to represent the Law given at Sinai and Isaac represents the Grace of Christ given at Jerusalem. Not only did Ishmael come before Isaac, but he was only a son by law and not what was promised. The other parallel concerns Jacob and Esau. According to the analogy in Romans 9, Esau represents natural Israel that is not the saved remnant represented by Jacob. Here then is the big item that seems to have been missed. If we assemble all of the analogies, then the dispensations of Israel and the Church are seen in a way that could only have been mapped out by God himself. The details of the story are always significant.

The overall analogy begins with a Father (Abraham) who is requested by Sarah (the princess wife–Israel or the woman) to have a legal son outside of God’s plan. This leads to Ishmael (the Law), but later God’s promise of a Son (Isaac, Jesus) is fulfilled. The Father (Abraham) then offers up his only Son (Isaac) at Golgotha. Sarah (Israel, the woman) then dies and her Son mourns at her loss (representing Israel’s blindness) so the Father sends his Servant (the Helper) to obtain a bride for the Son. The Servant then brings the bride (Rebekah–to tie, bind) to the Son (Rapture) and they are married. Out of their marriage there are then two sons born. The first born (Esau) does not obtain the birthright, but hastily rejects it (natural Israel, which is not saved). The second son, Jacob (whose name is changed to Israel), obtains the birthright, but he must then endure a time of trouble to obtain the wife he desires (the Tribulation). Israel (Jacob) then returns to the land of Israel.

Therefore, the stories of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob weave the story of the ages. Behind what really happened is a representation of the history of Israel to the coming of the Messiah and the final redemption of Israel. It also accurately portrays the insertion of the Church Age without abandoning the promises reserved to the nation of Israel (Jacob). Hopefully the below diagram helps in that understanding.

Re: The Patriarchs and the Plan of God

Daniel, thank you for sharing this brother, and a warm welcome to RFTH is this is your first post. God bless you brother!

Our brother Elvi Zapata made a video about this as well and I thought this would be a perfect place to post it, the foresight and hidden ways of our Father astound every waking moment, simply incredible the God we serve amen?

Hi, Clay. I've posted here before, but time is in limited supply, so I often quickly lurk and post only material that I have found in my research.

Daniel,

Thanks for sharing this article in regards to the Patriarchs & the Plan of God. Interesting way of looking at it! God always has a plan and purpose for all that happens or He allows to happen. It shows us that we serve a God of Plan, Order, and Purpose with a meaning, which is much deeper than any us have ever anticipated! We are just beginning to scratch the surface learning the greatness of our Almighty God whom we worship & serve! It will take eternity, to dig deeper in the mind of God, whom never ceases to amaze us! Even with eternity at our leisure, we will not be able to comprehend ALL within the mind of God!
The God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob, had no beginning, and has no end! What an Awesome God we serve!

All Honor & Glory is His! Amen!

Blessings in Christ,

Valerie