Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Just let me get my saddle off it!” (cowboy joke)

Proverbs 20 (NIV 1984)
3 It is to a man’s honor to avoid strife,
but every fool is quick to quarrel.

Proverbs 18 (NIV 1984)
13 He who answers before listening—
that is his folly and his shame.

[I know how that cowboy feels!!!! SOOO many just ONLY
want to "argue" with you about EVERYTHING!!!]

It was Saturday morning as Steve, an avid hunter, woke up ready to go bag the first deer of the season. He walks down to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, and to his surprise he finds his wife, Alice, sitting there, fully dressed in camouflage.
Steve asks her: “What are you up to?”
Alice smiles: “I`m going hunting with you!”
Steve, though he had many reservations about this, reluctantly decides to take her along. Later they arrive at the hunting site. Steve sets his wife safely up in the tree stand and tells her: “If you see a deer, take careful aim on it and I`ll come running back as soon as I hear the shot”
Steve walks away with a smile on his face knowing that Alice couldn`t bag an elephant–much less a deer. Not 10 minutes pass when he is startled as he hears an array of gunshots.
Quickly, Steve starts running back. As he gets closer to her stand, he hears Alice screaming: “Get away from my deer!”
Confused, Steve races faster towards his screaming wife. And again he hears her yell: “Get away from my deer!” followed by another volley of gunfire.
Now within sight of where he had left his wife, Steve is surprised to see a cowboy, with his hands high in the air.
The cowboy, obviously distraught, says: “Okay, lady, okay!!!! You can have your deer!!! Just let me get my saddle off it!”

Re: "Just let me get my saddle off it!” (cowboy joke)

Calvin, as I started reading your above post, a similar Little House on the Prairie episode began springing up into my mind.

It had to do with teenage Laura Ingalls going on a hunting trip with her Pa & Mr. Edwards. For which the latter had been crippled due to a cut-down tree that had fallen on him, just as he was about to save his foster-daughter from this falling tree's path. His daughter was picking up flowers from the ground, and she didn't hear the tree falling.

Anyhoo, the purpose for Laura going with her Pa & Mr. Edwards, is because she loved them both...and wanted to help out with the cooking. Pa wanted to, in his own way, to help Mr. Edwards to stop his pity party, by getting him to walk again. When his rifle misfired as he leaned it against a fallen log/or tree, the fake bullet hit Pa...for which he played like he was seriously injured. When Mr. Edwards heard the rifle fire, during one of his pity party moments when he tried to commit suicide...he came to look at Pa.

Then he sought out Laura, telling her to head for town to get a doctor to dig out the bullet from her Pa's side.

As the hour long story went, Mr. Edwards, over his concern for his friend, Charles Ingalls, started walking on his own accord and stopped feeling sorry for himself. Hence the happy ending.

Maranatha!
Tammy

Calvin, Thanks I needed that today!

Maybe he should have taken her to an eye doctor and got a good pair of glasses for his wife first, before taking her hunting with him!!! LOL!!!

"Proverbs 20 (NIV 1984)
3 It is to a man’s honor to avoid strife,
but every fool is quick to quarrel.

Proverbs 18 (NIV 1984)
13 He who answers before listening—
that is his folly and his shame.

[I know how that cowboy feels!!!! SOOO many just ONLY
want to "argue" with you about EVERYTHING!!!]"

Isn't that the truth!!!

Blessings,

Valerie

Valerie & Calvin, doesn't Gene Autry sing a song that's titled--"Back In The Saddle Again"?

Maranatha!
Tammy