Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Count Your Blessings - Thanksgiving is Almost Here

Re: Count Your Blessings - Thanksgiving is Almost Here

Kathy I love the Bing Crosby version too. I watch White Christmas every year - what a treasure!!!

I HAD A BIG SURPRISE JUST NOW. I was looking up the lyrics for a Thanksgiving song for my class to learn for next week. I work with special needs adults. ANyway, pulled up the lyrics to "Come Ye Thankful People Come", an old traditional hymn, and got quite a surprise. It is a RAPTURE HYMN!!!!! I have highlighted the rapture verses in red. Take a look at this.......

Come, ye thankful people, come,
Raise the song of harvest home;
All is safely gathered in,
Ere the winter storms begin;
God our Maker doth provide
For our wants to be supplied;
Come to God’s own temple, come,
Raise the song of harvest home.

All the world is God’s own field,
Fruit unto His praise to yield;
Wheat and tares together sown,
Unto joy or sorrow grown;
First the blade, and then the ear,
Then the full corn shall appear:

Lord of harvest, grant that we
Wholesome grain and pure may be.
For the Lord our God shall come,
And shall take His harvest home;
From His field shall in that day
All offenses purge away;

Give His angels charge at last
In the fire the tares to cast;
But the fruitful ears to store
In His garner evermore.
Even so, Lord, quickly come,
Bring Thy final harvest home;

Gather Thou Thy people in,
Free from sorrow, free from sin,
There, forever purified,
In Thy garner to abide;
Come, with all Thine angels come,
Raise the glorious harvest home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v60TPaw70h0&feature=related

T/Sue, I too, like White Christmas' Bing Crosby's "Count Your Blessings" version as well.

I also, a few decades ago, got to me Rosemary Clooney inperson, thanks to my Mom. She (Mom) was standing by as a First Aid Nurse on a film Rosemary happened to be working on. For which I was invited to drive down to to visit the location set some where over in L.A., CA.

I also happen to have the lyrics to the above song too.

Maranatha!
Tammy

Tammy, I just love to hear Rosemary Clooney sing and have some of her CD's. You are so blessed to have met her. What kind of person did she seem to be? Can you say more about your meeting? Thanks!

Here is another wonderful Thanksgiving song by Mary Chapin Carpenter and the pictures on this video are so beautiful. It brought back a lot of memories and I hope you all will be blessed by it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! !

The REAL Story of Thanksgiving

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/11/23/the_real_story_of_thanksgiving

GEORGE WASHINGTON'S THANKSGIVING PROCLAMATION

http://wilstar.com/holidays/wash_thanks.html

George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me to "recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d day of October, A.D. 1789.

THE TRUE ACCOUNT OF THE FIRST THANKSGIVING BY THE HAND OF THOSE WHO WERE PRESENT - Read these historic first person accounts (brief) from the Pilgrim's Society site. Be blessed!

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

http://www.pilgrimhall.org/1stthnks.htm

Happy Thanksgiving, to all Members & their families!

God Bless you and yours today & everyday!

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

Blessings!

Valerie