Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Golden Report Oct 5th 2011 - The Feast of Tabernacles

The Feast of Tabernacles. In the Jewish World Sukkot "Booths" also The birth of Yeshua?

October 13th – 20th, Tishrei 15th 5772

Leviticus 23: 33-44 tells us the story of the Israelites and their journey out of Egypt and the following 40 years of wondering. We can find the name Sukkoth in Gen. 33:17 "And Jacob journeyed to Succoth; and built for himself a house, and made booths for the livestock, therefore the place is named Sukkoth." The Hebrew word Sukkoth means "hut"

The Biblical name for Sukkoth is "The Feast of Tabernacles". There are three times the Lord commanded the Jews to assemble in the Temple in Jerusalem. On these three Holidays they were to present offerings to the Lord. Those three are Passover, Shavu’ot, (Pentecost) and Sukkoth. Sukkoth is the third and last of the three.

But in the month of Tishri, there are three major Holidays of the Feast of the Tabernacle of the Lord, which is God’s perfect timetable. The month of Tishri falls in September or October on the Christian Calendar. They are Rosh HaShannah, Yom Kippur, and Sukkoth. These three are often called the Second Advent. The First Advent we have the Feast of Passover, Unleavened Bread and First Fruits. Yeshua died on Passover, He was buried on the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and He rose on First Fruits, 50 days later he sent the Holy Spirit on the Following Feast of Shavuoth (Pentecost). So we see here that God is setting up a pattern for us to look for. So we need to look at the remainder of the three Feasts to see the rest of the story, (sounds like Paul Harvey) something as important as the Birth of the Messiah would surely fit into this pattern.

You can purchase books everywhere that tell you about how to celebrate this Holiday so I will stay on subject, and only touch on a couple of things you may not find in some of your books. In general there is a two-fold meaning to this celebration in Israel and throughout the world. The first being the Fall Harvest Lev. 23: that teaches it is a time of bringing in the fall harvest and thanksgiving. Many believe as I do, that the Puritan Colonists who landed in America who were great students of the Hebrew Scriptures based the first American Thanksgiving on Sukkoth.

The second is found in the command to dwell in Booths as a memory to Israel’s 40 years of wondering in the wilderness. Another translation of the world Sukkoth is "habitation" as we camp in booths today we need to remember that the same God is watching over us today. That He inhabits our lives with a care beyond our imagination. Sukkoth is known also as "Zman Simkhatenu" (The Time of Rejoicing) the knowledge that God provided His habitation and lives with us, is certainly a time for rejoicing.

There are blessings said over the "Lulav" (palm branch), "Etrog" (citron, a fruit from Israel that looks like a large lemon) also the "Hadas" (Myrtle) and "Arava" (the youngest branch of the willow before it opens) These are called the four spices. The only reason I am spending some time on this is there is something very special here in Biblical teaching. First the Etrog, which taste sweet and has a delightful aroma, represents a person with knowledge or Torah and good deeds. The Lulav which comes from a Date Palm, a fruit that taste sweet but has no fragrance, meaning that some people have knowledge but no good deeds. The Hadas is just opposite, having a nice fragrance yet no taste (good deeds without true knowledge) Arava has neither taste nor smell and speaks of the persons without knowledge or good deeds. James 2:17 sums this up by saying "Faith without works is dead."

Now lets move on to the birth of the Messiah. With the celebration of Sukkoth having so many wonderful teaching in it for the Church today. You would think that the New Testament would have reference in it of Sukkoth. We read in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." It says, the Word not only was with God, but the Word was the very manifestation of God Himself.

Then we read in John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, and glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth". What the Word of God says is, "The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw His Sh’kinah, The Sh’kinah glory of the Father’ only Son full of grace and Glory. But did you notice the word John used to described this event. He said "dwelt" among His people. This word dwelt come from a Greek word "skene" and the Greeks translated that from the Hebrew word "Tabernacle". What I am trying to get you to see is, John was describing the Holy Day of Sukkoth, the Holy Day that celebrates the indwelling of God Himself. So the Word says: And the Word was made flesh and Tabernacled among us,"

The celebration of December 25th as the birth of the Messiah is pagan, and comes from the Roman Empire. The early Church often "christianized" pagan days of celebration to accommodate the new converts. And December shows this very clearly. This date was an ancient feast that celebrated the return of the sun after the winter solatice. It has absolutely nothing to do with the birth of Yeshua. Believers began to say there was no real proof of the Messiah’s birth date so this would do. What they didn’t consider was John’s description using the term "Tabernacle" or Booths or Sukkoth. It is right there before us and so clear I can’t understand how it has been so missed by so many who calls themselves Biblical scholars.

If the first Advent showed Yeshua’s death on the cross on Unleavened Bread, buried on Passover, and resurrection of First Fruits, and the pouring out of His Holy Spirit on Shavout (Pentacost). Do you think that God would let such an important event as the birth of His only begotten Son go unheralded?

Sukkoth shows that God would dwell "Tabernacle" in the midst of His people, through the presence of the Messiah, Yeshua. There is much more evidence as well, since we know that Yeshua died on Passover and we also know His ministry lasted 3 ½ years we can backtrack and that puts us right at Sukkoth as well. Nearly every serious Bible Theologian calculates that His birth was in the fall, that also is Sukkoth.

One of the ceremonies of Sukkoth is the pouring of water, and a time of prayer for water and rain in Israel. During the second Temple period a Priest would take a water pitcher down to the pool of shiloach (today called Siloam in the city of David) he would bring it back to the Temple. Crowds of people would follow him dancing and singing the Hellel, (Psalms 113-118) The highlight of this ceremony was when the Priest would pour this water at the altar of the Temple. It became known as "Simcha Bet-Ha-sho-evah" (The rejoicing of the House of Drawing Water)

The question is, why would there be so much rejoicing at this pouring of water? It has to be more than rejoicing of the future rain on Israel, as important as that might be. Because we read in Isaiah 12:3 "Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation". (Salvation in Hebrew is Yeshua, the name of the Messiah) GLORY TO GOD.

It was much more than the pouring out of water at the Temple, or even for the rain. The Simcha Bet Ha-sho-evah pointed directly to the coming of the Messiah and the days of redemption when the water of the Holy Spirit would be poured out upon all Israel.

Now we can appreciate the Scripture that was recorded on one day in the Messiah’s life and that day was on a Sukkoth. John 7:37-39 "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Yeshua stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given: because Yeshua was not yet glorified.) Think for a moment of the time and place of these words being proclaimed by Yeshua. It was Sukkoth and it was the time of the pouring of the water. The crowds were filled with those who had expectation of the Messiah and the Holy Spirit He would bring. At the moment of the time of the pouring of the water the Messiah stood and made this bold proclamation. He was saying. I am the Messiah, do you truly want the living water of the spirit of God? If you truly want the Bet Ha-sho-evah, believe in me. I am the Messiah who will pour out the Holy Spirit on Israel.

After eight days of Sukkoth we will end this celebration, and on the 8th day our Messiah was circumcised. And from here volumes can be written over that event.

Shalom, Jerry Golden

"Fair Use for Information or Discussion"

Re: The Golden Report Oct 5th 2011 - The Feast of Tabernacles

I beg to differ with Jerry Golden regarding his scathing assessment of Christmas. Whatever its original purpose was, its purpose, nowadays, is to celebrate the birth of Jesus, and that is what we Christians celebrate. Not being a Jew, I have no inclination whatsoever to celebrate Jewish feasts or to observe Jewish laws in any way. I do have the inclination to celebrate Jesus' birth at Christmas and His resurrection at Easter, and to leave the commemoration of the Israelites' deliverance from Egyptian bondage and their wanderings in the desert to the Jews, since that is their heritage.

Kathy..

I totally agree with you..I hear so many Christians say that Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays...and maybe so...but those are the day that Christians all over the world celebrate the birth of Christ and on Easter His resurrecton..

We celebrate because without His birth and without His resurrection...no Christianity..

So true! And besides which, God gave us Christmas and Easter because He loves us.

I agree also that the times we celebrate the birth and the death and resurrection of Jesus are sacred to us. I prefer to say "Resurrection Sunday", but many know it as Easter and that is fine.

Yes the world and its history is rife with paganism, satanism, and other filth; however, we are told in the Bible to think on things that have virtue, pure, etc. To the pure all things are pure and this goes for these days. We should not let the underlying, historic warping and contamination of certain calendar days take the edge off the joy of celebrating our Savior's life.

He did literally "tabernacle among us" physically on the earth and His coming, His death and resurrection changed history forever. Jesus now has the keys of death and hades and it is an irreversible historic fact that satan cannot cancel or change. We have a lot to rejoice and be joyful about. Light has shined into the darkness but darkness did not comprehend or understand it and never will. So put up a tree and cover it with lights, sing carols, give gifts, decorate everything and bless the naysayers. WHOOPEE! Jesus was born, Jesus has risen and Jesus will come again!

Amen, Texas Sue! You said it well.

T Sue..

You said it much more eloquently than I did...Thanks for the great post...

Sisters,

I agree with you 100%!!!

IT'S NOT WHEN YOU WORSHIP, IT'S WHOM YOU WORSHIP!!!

We'll have this ridiculous argument of pagan, etc. etc. Christian holidays, CHRISTMAS & EASTER, to make it sound like we worship idols. That the farthest thing from the truth, WE WORSHIP JESUS ON CHRISTMAS, JESUS ON EASTER, JESUS, JESUS, JESUS....NOT ZEUS!!!

CHILL OUT, TO THOSE THAT DON'T CELEBRATE THE LORD THEN AND DON'T LIKE IT. DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS OR EASTER ON THESES DAYS THAT'S YOUR CHOICE; HOWEVER DON'T TELL US WHEN WE CAN OR CANNOT WORSHIP AND CELEBRATE THE LORD!!! DON'T TELL US IT'S WRONG EITHER, BECAUSE IT'S NEVER WRONG TO CELEBRATE THE LORD NO MATTER WHEN!!!

I think this DISCUSSION always comes around on Christmas and Easter. IT CAME MUCH EARLIER THIS YEAR!!!LOL! I celebrate Jesus on these days, and will continue to do so, until the God of Heaven and Earth tells me Himself to stop.

Remember Heaven will be a JOYEOUS PLACE, NOT OF PLACE OF GRUMPY, GRUMBLING FUDDY DUD-DIES!!! LOL!!!!!

I Love celebrating Christmas, & Easter, because to me it's ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT OUR LORD JESUS!!!

I'M NOT SHOUTING WITH THE CAPS...I'M EMPHASISING ON HOW STRONGLY I FEEL ABOUT THIS.

OH COME ALL YEA FAITHFUL, JOYFUL AND TRIUMPHANT!!!

BLESSINGS!

Valerie

Oh come ye, oh come ye, to Bethlehem!

Joy to the world; the Lord is come.
Let earth receive her King!

(If my prayers are answered, we'll be singing these carols directly to Jesus' face this coming Christmas.)

Christmas has been a wonderful time for the whole world to worship and sing praises to Jesus, satan knows this and he has tried to make it illegal for anyone to sing any Christmas song in the USA under the guise of separation of Church and state..

I woke up this morning with these words going through my head. It is the Christmas song, "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day" from the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. I have highlighted in red the words I heard this morning. I think God rejoices with us when we celebrate Jesus' birth and the coming of peace on earth.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882), 1867)

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."