Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tennessee Ernie Ford - Hymns

Tennessee Ernie Ford was one of my favorites growing up
Here is a video playlist of hymns - take a break and enjoy...

Re: Tennessee Ernie Ford - Hymns

Beautiful JimH,

Thanks so much!

Text: Augustus M. Toplady, 1740-1778
Music: Thomas Hastings, 1784-1872
Tune: TOPLADY, Meter: 77.77.77

1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee;
let the water and the blood,
from thy wounded side which flowed,
be of sin the double cure;
save from wrath and make me pure.

2. Not the labors of my hands
can fulfill thy law's commands;
could my zeal no respite know,
could my tears forever flow,
all for sin could not atone;
thou must save, and thou alone.

3. Nothing in my hand I bring,
simply to the cross I cling;
naked, come to thee for dress;
helpless, look to thee for grace;
foul, I to the fountain fly;
wash me, Savior, or I die.

4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
when mine eyes shall close in death,
when I soar to worlds unknown,
see thee on thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee.

Blessings!

That really brings back some great memories JimH. There were several variety shows that always had a sacred number or hymn at some point in the show every week. It was appreciated and enjoyed. Now no one would ever consider doing a hymn on a regular tv show. How things have changed and in such a very short time too. I have some albums, the old 33 1/3 model, of Tennessee Ernie Ford's hymns. Love them and listen to them still.

Between TN Ernie Ford & the Gaither Gospel Singers singing this great hymn...and others, does indeed bring back great memories. So therefore--T/Sue, I totally agree with ya' there, sis!!!

Btw, Andy Griffith too, sings these beautiful hymns of old on his CD too...as well as on his old TV sitcom--The Andy Griffith Show too. He infact, sang "Little Brown Church" on the front porch of his character Sheriff Andy Taylor's home.

Maranatha!
Tammy