Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what does this scripture mean to you?

2nd Cor 6:17 Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

to me it looks pretty straight forward and certainly doe not teach that you can live any way that you want and still be received, if so you could even touch the unclean thing and still be received..

Re: what does this scripture mean to you?

A true believer is not going to be under the delusion that he can live any way he wants as a saved person. A born-again Christian knows better than that. When God saves a person, He implants a new nature in that person that never stops wanting to follow Christ. And, of course, He also seals and indwells that believer with His Holy Spirit, who's there to convict that believer when he sins. So a true believer is not going to have the same attitudes and outlook that an unsaved person has, although he does still have the old sin nature which is at war with his new nature until he's set free from his mortal body in death or the Rapture.

I understand this kathy, but it plainly says the same thing as; if you do give into your old sin nature and touch the unclean thing you will not be received, but I would assume, according to the other scriptures that we have ,if we repent of touching the unclean thing then we can again be received, but repentance is still required...

We have to read each Scripture in the Bible in context with the other Scriptures. The Bible doesn't say that if we sin, God's going to reject us as His children. (Perhaps that's not what you're saying, Linda--feel free to correct me and clarify your meaning if I'm misunderstanding you here.) But He does convict us until we confess our sin, and if we turn rebellious and refuse to do that, then we come under chastisement. In other words, we're His children, so He treats us as His children, not as His servants who can and will be fired if they don't do their jobs right.

Wonderful response Kathy G., I couldn't have said it better myself!

Great question Linda!

I believe just as Kathy stated it so well! Once one becomes a true believer one is not driven to back to the practices of unbelievers! Although we still have a nature to sin, God's Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, and helps us to stay on the straight and narrow.

Blessings in Jesus,

Valerie

Hi Linda,
oh how we need God's grace to wash our stains away. Even if we do not sin "outwardly" in the big bad obvious ways, we struggle daily with the heart and mind to bring them into obedience to Christ so that our inward person reflects the Son of God.
It is a battle. We all fall short if not in the outward, in the inward person. We need the grace and mercy of Christ to cleanse us and accept us. God is holy. Christ is holy. Moses had to take his shoes off when speaking to God to keep the dust/contact of the earth away.
Exodus 3:5
What a thought, we are on holy ground when we pray.

Be ye holy for I am holy. How is this possible? Peter says God keeps us. We are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.
1Peter 1
He is our hope and salvation.
So we need to TURN AWAY from sin, confess what we are aware of, and trust in the ability of God to keep us, keeping His word.

Paul says to lay aside the sin that so easily besets us and run the race straight for Christ.
Hebrews 12:1
Come back Lord, come forth and get us soon
Transform us Lord, we want to be a dressed bride

That is exactly right, Regina! It is God's grace that washes our sins away. As you say, it is not only in our outward behavior that we sin; it's in our attitudes, thoughts, motives, etc., too. So even if we manage to stop sinning in our actions (which we can only do to an extent, even as believers), we still fall short of God's glory because we still sin in our hearts and minds. In other words, we're corrupted with sin, and so we can't just stop sinning so we can remain God's children. We cannot attain perfection in this life. That's why we need the covering of Jesus' blood to make us acceptable in God's sight. It is God's grace that saves us and keeps us saved. Fortunately, when God completes our salvation in the Rapture, He will remove our sin natures altogether, and then sin won't corrupt us anymore. Only our new natures will remain from then on, for all eternity. As 1st John 1:8-10 points out (boldface and italics are mine), "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us."

Here's a great post on Five Doves that does an excellent job of explaining that point with a wonderful analogy.

Great Analogy on the radio about Finding Salvation and KEEPING Salvation.....

You are correct it is the blood of Jesus that cleanses us from sin, we don't cleanse ourselves..
but please take of the scripture just before the one you quoted..

1stJohn 1:7 If,we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin..

so it is the blood that cleanses us ,IF, we are walking in the light.... so therefore ,IF ,we are walking in darkness we will not have the blood cleansing us..

regina

What a thought, we are on holy ground when we pray.

Be ye holy for I am holy. How is this possible? Peter says God keeps us. We are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.

Amen

Sandi Patti can sing!!
She is so spirit filled! God Bless her and her family!

I like Jimmy Swaggart's singing voice, too! He is an example how we fall and can get back up.
The devil wants to stay down and feel the condemnation and guilt.
I thank God.. The Holy Spirit came upon him and gave him the strength to rise and continue his ministry. He has blessed many people with his sermons and beautiful voice.

His son Donnie is just like him in many ways. I went a couple years back to church where Donnie was preaching.
He looks like his dad, too.

Jimmy's singing and ministry reminds my of the church I got born again in.. an old time religion church
Oh How I miss that church and atmosphere!

Verse 1
When I walk through the doors I sensed His presence
And I knew this was a place where love abounds
For this is a temple the God we love abides here
Oh we are standing in His presence on holy ground

(chorus)
We are standing on holy ground
For I know that there are angels all around
Let us praise Jesus now
For we are standing in His presence on holy ground

Verse 2
In His presence I know there is joy beyond all measure
And at His feet sweet peace of mind can still be found
For when we have a need He is still the answer
Reach out and claim it for we are standing on holy ground

(chorus)
We are standing on holy ground
For I know that there are angels all around
Let us praise Jesus now

Let us praise Jesus now

You know, Valerie and Kevin, this is very weird. It clearly states in this thread that Zoe posted the reply before mine at 9:08 p.m. But on the forum index listing all the threads, it stated that Linda posted it at that time, and yet she didn't--it was Zoe who posted it. How can the wrong poster's name appear on the list of threads as the last poster, I wonder? (Of course, once my reply is posted, that'll be gone. Linda's name will have been replaced with mine.)

Kathy,

Whatever you're trying to describe, I just don't get it!!! LOL!!! Old Brain Cells!!! LOL!!!

All I see is two posts, one by Linda at 9:08pm and one by Zoe at 9:08pm...! So are you saying Linda didn't post at all it was Zoe both times?

Whatever it was, it must of straighten out by now, everything looks OK!

Weird things do happen, on the forum, I know it for a fact it happened to me a few times! I know that avatars disappear sometimes and it's nothing unusual, but an avatar appearing when one hasn't posted one and appearing, now that was weird!!! I still remember that one!!!

Maybe Kevin, can figure it out his brain cells are only 45, and mine are 64!!! LOL!!!

Good thread though, applauding all here whom posted!
Everyone gets a little star beside their name!!! Just trying to bring some laughter, and stress relief for all of us during these trying days!

Blessings!

Valerie

I only posted the two videos and lyrics =
One Post

Linda and posted at the time so maybe it was a computer glitch for a moment.

Perhaps. At any rate, the glitch hung around until I posted. The weird thing is that while your name appeared next to your post within the thread and as the last post's author on the list of threads as well, on the list of forums, on the other hand, the name of the author of that post appeared as Linda (it had the time correct, though). And this is in spite of the fact that you were the poster of that last post before mine, not Linda.

You can NOT take just one verse and try to make an argument/debate out of this..

Look at the whole picture with the whole context.

15 And what concord has Christ with Belial? or what part has he that believes with an infidel?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Why come out from among them, and be you separate, said the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, said the Lord Almighty.

What Paul is showing here is the people that had accepted Christ as Savior are still worshipping pagan idols. Paul is stating that they can NOT do this and expect to make it.. UNLESS they repent (turn around) and do what is right.

Couple of examples from OT are Saul and King David.. Have you ever studied their lives.. Do you believe that they will make Heaven..??

Yes, in both cases, even though both their remaining lives here on earth was tarnished, they did NOT loose their salvation.. Saul took to long to repent and lost the throne, but King David did so the instant he was confronted by the prophet, but his family life was in a shamble afterwards with his own sons trying to kill him for the throne...

Joseph